Mechanical Questions Thread

"
otd334 wrote:
Does Supercharge from Cluster Jewel have an effect on Ignite Damage with Stormfire?

It does not, because ignite damage is always fire damage, so it is not lightning damage from non-critical strikes.
"
"
otd334 wrote:
Does Supercharge from Cluster Jewel have an effect on Ignite Damage with Stormfire?

It does not, because ignite damage is always fire damage, so it is not lightning damage from non-critical strikes.
I'm not sure that's correct. Stormfire lets your Lightning damage Ignite, and Ignite damage is based on the flat damage of the hit, modified by Increased/Reduced/More/Less modifiers of the appropriate damage types and sources. So if the base damage of the hit is higher, then the Ignite damage will be higher. This is different than modifiers such as "increased Melee damage" or "increased Spell damage" which are restricted to a damage source other than Damage over Time.
"
ekaye wrote:
I'm not sure that's correct. Stormfire lets your Lightning damage Ignite, and Ignite damage is based on the flat damage of the hit, modified by Increased/Reduced/More/Less modifiers of the appropriate damage types and sources. So if the base damage of the hit is higher, then the Ignite damage will be higher. This is different than modifiers such as "increased Melee damage" or "increased Spell damage" which are restricted to a damage source other than Damage over Time.

The base lightning damage affects the damage of the ignite roll, but the ignite roll itself does not depend on the lightning damage roll, and only the lightning damage roll is lucky. Ailment damage has not been based on hit damage since 3.0.
"
The base lightning damage affects the damage of the ignite roll, but the ignite roll itself does not depend on the lightning damage roll, and only the lightning damage roll is lucky. Ailment damage has not been based on hit damage since 3.0.
There's no Ignite "roll", the Ignite damage is deterministic based on the damage roll of the hit that applied it. If that roll is Lucky, then the Ignite damage will be higher on average.
"
ekaye wrote:
There's no Ignite "roll", the Ignite damage is deterministic based on the damage roll of the hit that applied it. If that roll is Lucky, then the Ignite damage will be higher on average.

From the 3.0 patch notes:
"
Skills calculate their Ignite, Poison or Bleed values as a separate damage value, taken straight from the base and added damage of the skill. This gives skills that deal fire damage a minimum and maximum Ignite Damage per Second value that is rolled on Ignites that the skill causes. Poison, Bleed and Ignite damage values are based on the base damage of the skill, and then affected by appropriate damage modifiers. Some damage modifiers affect both the hit and the Ignite, Poison or Bleed, while some only affect one.
It has been like this for over three years now.
Couldn't find anything on Wiki or Google:

Can Curse on hit support several curses? If so, what would be a good skill to apply them?

Say I have a +1 curse chest and apply Assassin's Mark on Hit via ring. I also want to apply Frostbite and Ele Weakness, so I use Orb of Storms + Awakened CoH + Frostbite + Ele Weakness. Will the CoH alternate and will 1 Orb of Storms be enough to apply both curses?
Last edited by Shafirion on Aug 12, 2020, 8:43:25 AM
"
Shafirion wrote:
Couldn't find anything on Wiki or Google:

Can Curse on hit support several curses? If so, what would be a good skill to apply them?

Say I have a +1 curse chest and apply Assassin's Mark on Hit via ring. I also want to apply Frostbite and Ele Weakness, so I use Orb of Storms + Awakened CoH + Frostbite + Ele Weakness. Will the CoH alternate and will 1 Orb of Storms be enough to apply both curses?

It can support as many curses as you can fit into the gem slots. How many of them are applied depends on your curse limit.

From what I understand, since ACoH is local, hits from any skill other than OoS will overwrite one of the curses in your ACoH setup, but hits from OoS will apply all three curses.

Depending on the hit rate of the skill you use to do damage, this can make the second curse with OoS either worthwhile or insignificant. E.g. I would not bother with it on Ball Lightning or CoC builds, but if you get your OoS hitrate up to a stable 7.5 you could use it with Blade Vortex (or depending on your curse effect and other stuff it might still be worth it even if you just have the third curse up half the time etc.).
Immortal ambition - when on full life but not on full energy shield, which one is true

1) "Increased recovery rate of life" applies

2) "Increased recovery rate of energy sheild" applies

3) Both 1 and 2 apply.

I'm asking because its still a life leech effect, but it recovers energy shield.

1 implies that life leech is affected by recovery rate of life

2 implies that energy shield is being recovered

3 implies that similarly to damage conversion, both stack additively.
Does Slayer's 20% more Damage against Unique Enemies on the Headsman notable work with damaging ailments? (PoB says no, not sure why, assuming that's accurate.)
Last edited by Seikah on Aug 14, 2020, 7:00:56 AM
"
dimmitsaras wrote:
Immortal ambition - when on full life but not on full energy shield, which one is true

1) "Increased recovery rate of life" applies

2) "Increased recovery rate of energy sheild" applies

3) Both 1 and 2 apply.

I'm asking because its still a life leech effect, but it recovers energy shield.

1 implies that life leech is affected by recovery rate of life

2 implies that energy shield is being recovered

3 implies that similarly to damage conversion, both stack additively.

My understanding is that leech "knows" what type of leech it is and what resource it recovers. So with Immortal Ambition, the leech that recovers energy shield will be life leech (unlike with Ghost Reaver), so modifiers to life leech will apply to it and modifiers to energy shield leech will not, but it recovers energy shield and not life, so modifiers to energy shield recovery will apply and modifiers to life recovery will not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info