Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Seikah wrote:
Does Slayer's 20% more Damage against Unique Enemies on the Headsman notable work with damaging ailments? (PoB says no, not sure why, assuming that's accurate.)

Hello there.
Yes, aiments are supposed to be affected.
3 possibilities why they aren't in POB :
A) You haven't specified a unique target in the configuration section.
B) Mod is currently unsupported (its text appears red if that's the case).
C) Mod is currently bugged.
Cheers.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Hello there,

I'm having trouble understanding which damage modifiers apply to bleeding and which don't.

From what Mark_GGG answered on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hb56kp/path_of_exile_harvest_gem_information/fv75ooy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x), the Seismic Cry modifier applies to ailments from attacks, and is worded as "Exerted Attacks deal x% more Damage". So, that means Berserker node "War Bringer" should also apply, right ?

Also, if "Exerted Attacks deal x% more Damage" applies to ailments, then small tree nodes that state "Exerted Attacks deal x% increased Damage" should also apply to ailments, right ?

But then, it makes me wonder : do the nodes worded "x% increased physical attack damage" apply to bleeding ? I mean, everywhere on the wiki & forum posts it's stated that attack modifiers don't apply to ailments, but that would really make sense for those very specific nodes. There are really only a few, and all are located around the duelist starting area, which is notorious for it's bleeding scaling.

If it wasn't the case, I would find it really ambiguous, as "exerted attacks" modifiers would apply to ailments, and "attacks" modifiers wouldn't apply to ailments...

Also, can't really use PoB to find answer about it, the bleeding/ailments mechanics are not really up-to-date...
"
Zedodo wrote:
Hello there,

I'm having trouble understanding which damage modifiers apply to bleeding and which don't.

From what Mark_GGG answered on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hb56kp/path_of_exile_harvest_gem_information/fv75ooy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x), the Seismic Cry modifier applies to ailments from attacks, and is worded as "Exerted Attacks deal x% more Damage". So, that means Berserker node "War Bringer" should also apply, right ?

Also, if "Exerted Attacks deal x% more Damage" applies to ailments, then small tree nodes that state "Exerted Attacks deal x% increased Damage" should also apply to ailments, right ?

But then, it makes me wonder : do the nodes worded "x% increased physical attack damage" apply to bleeding ? I mean, everywhere on the wiki & forum posts it's stated that attack modifiers don't apply to ailments, but that would really make sense for those very specific nodes. There are really only a few, and all are located around the duelist starting area, which is notorious for it's bleeding scaling.

If it wasn't the case, I would find it really ambiguous, as "exerted attacks" modifiers would apply to ailments, and "attacks" modifiers wouldn't apply to ailments...

Also, can't really use PoB to find answer about it, the bleeding/ailments mechanics are not really up-to-date...

The wording is a bit confusing if you are not used to it, but the distinction is clearer than you might think.

Bleeding is inflicted with attacks, so causing attacks to deal more (or increased) damage benefits bleeding, but bleeding is not attack damage, so modifiers that specify attack damage do not apply to it.

Damage is generally sorted into four categories:
-Attack
-Spell
-Damage over time
-Secondary

Secondary damage is stuff like reflected damage and corpse explosions for the most part.

Everything that is not damage over time is dealt in hits. Modifiers to attack damage or spell damage only affect hit damage unless specifically stated otherwise (such as non-ailment damage over time spells that include the line "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect" in their tooltip).
Hi,

is Purposeful Harbinger working? I'm running 3 heralds but it seems the notable doesn't affect my tooltip numbers (for example, my es is not changed after I toggle the notable on/off while being affected by Discipline)
Hi. i Have question i have many full horticrafting i dont wanna sell it and in this league i dont need them but on standar they will give me many fun many upgrade. could i have chance to use them after league harvest? i love play league but i havent to much time to try all what i want and playing on standard and doing something what i dont do in league is for me important for good fun i need this crafting we know that harves dont go core right now but in future. what is ur plan guys?
How does Area of Effect apply to Glacial Cascade's overlapping bursts? If I want to hit an enemy with multiple bursts, should I increase AoE or decrease it?
"
ekaye wrote:
How does Area of Effect apply to Glacial Cascade's overlapping bursts? If I want to hit an enemy with multiple bursts, should I increase AoE or decrease it?

I have not seen a 100% positive confirmation of this, but the bursts seem to scale their distance proportionally to their AoE, which means that more overlaps are possible with a smaller AoE.

Supposedly, two overlaps happen at any AoE size, but since three need to be close together for a third overlap, that is only possible with a small AoE and precise targeting.

Overlapping more than three bursts is probably no longer possible since Intensity was moved to the skill tree.
I'm curious EXACTLY how impale works with The Saviour

so for this example you're an impale champion with the impale watchers eye
2m flat dps 3m impale dps for 5m total

I know each reflection from Saviour is 50% dmg, so 1m each, now how does that interact with impale? Does it cut it in half? or as I suspect, do they just reflect your impale dmg, so rather than doing 10m dps with both reflects out, you do 13m
"

I know each reflection from Saviour is 50% dmg, so 1m each, now how does that interact with impale? Does it cut it in half? or as I suspect, do they just reflect your impale dmg, so rather than doing 10m dps with both reflects out, you do 13m
Impale damage is reflected damage and therefore is not scaled by modifiers to damage dealt. So the MS' "50% less Damage" won't affect the Impale damage the enemy takes.
"
ekaye wrote:
"

Impale damage is reflected damage and therefore is not scaled by modifiers to damage dealt. So the MS' "50% less Damage" won't affect the Impale damage the enemy takes.

The damage will not be further lowered when saviours consume impales, but impales from saviours will be based on their lowered damage.

This might be what you meant, but saying that damage dealt does not affect impale damage at all is slightly misleading. It just no longer affects it once the impale is inflicted.

On the other hand, the damage taken calculation does not affect impale upon its infliction and only upon its consumption.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info