Mechanical Questions Thread

Not exactly gameplay, but how many total instances are opened per league, on average? A good approximation is sufficient, I don't need an exact answer.
[quote][spoiler][/spoiler][/quote]
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi

I'm Mark_GGG, and I know how PoE works. If you'd also like to, this thread is for you.

We're trying out something new as a way for people with mechanical questions to get answers. People can post mechanical questions in this thread, and every few days I'll come by and answer as many as I can. This is specifically for questions about game mechanics - I can't tell you why a balance change was made, whether something will get nerfed, or what option is "best" for a given build. So if you have questions like "Does X support Y?", "What order do A, B, and C happen in when I get hit?", or "Why do the calculations come out this way when I take this passive?", I can help. Questions like "What will the next league be?", "How do people level so fast?", or "What were you thinking when you nerfed X?" are off topic for this thread, and I'm not going to be answering them.

I'm not perfect, and some things I'll have to look up. It might take me longer to get an answer to your question than someone else's - please be patient in this case. I will be doing my best to answer every mechanical question asked in the thread, although this is on top of my other work, so again, please be patient in waiting for me to get to things. If you ask about announced, but unreleased content (such as unique items shown in previews before the patch that adds them to the game), please understand such things are not always final when shown, and not all the answers might exist yet.

This doesn't mean I won't still be replying in other parts of the forum, so don't feel you have to ask things here to get answers.

That's pretty much all I have to say, so let's get the questions rolling!

---

Here's a link to just the GGG posts in this thread, for people who just want to see answers.
Does increased effect of elemental ailments work on base ailments?
so does a 15% basechill from skitterbots or the stormrider cluster node become 20% chill when i have 33% increased effect of non-damaging ailments?
"
tobiremobi wrote:
Does increased effect of elemental ailments work on base ailments?
so does a 15% basechill from skitterbots or the stormrider cluster node become 20% chill when i have 33% increased effect of non-damaging ailments?
If by "base ailments" you mean fixed effects such as chilled ground, then yes, increased effect does scale them. However, Skitterbots are minions, so they don't benefit from your modifiers.
Could someone please explain why no one is playing some tanky 2h build that gets hit a lot with 1 6-link CoC-Reckoning-Damage-Supportx3 and 1 6-link for any damage skill?
Probably can't get hit this much while not dieing without sacrificing crazy amount of DPS on that "4-linked-damage" thing?
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Sep 7, 2020, 12:27:06 PM
How does increased item rarity work?
If I had 7000 normal(70%), 2500 magic(25%), 450 rare(4,5%) and 50 unique(0,5%) items dropped at 0% increased rarity, how does 100% inc rarity affect that? What about 500%?
"
Could someone please explain why no one is playing some tanky 2h build that gets hit a lot with 1 6-link CoC-Reckoning-Damage-Supportx3 and 1 6-link for any damage skill?
Probably can't get hit this much while not dieing without sacrificing crazy amount of DPS on that "4-linked-damage" thing?

Well, for one, Reckoning can only be used with shields. Next, it only triggers when you block, so you need a lot of block investment for it to do anything. Then, it would need a lot of crit investment to actually trigger a spell with CoC. That spell would then have to actually deal significant damage to be worth it, so you would need to scale spell damage rather than attack damage (but maybe you are talking about tanky spell builds). Lastly, Reckoning has a base cooldown of 0.4 seconds.

Riposte and Vengeance, the counterattack skills that can actually be used with a two-handed weapon, have even longer cooldowns.

In short, if you assume that you get hit a lot and take a lot of damage in the first place, just use Cast when Damage Taken. And if you build enough recovery to take this much damage and use CwDT for damage setups rather than just utility, you might as well go all-in on a pure CwDT build.
Hello, sorry for my bad english.

My minions with Withering Touch Support apply a stacks of the Withered debuff on enemy

20% increased Effect of Withered from Corruption notable passive skill increased effect of this stacks?

Ламповые стримы по вечерам https://www.twitch.tv/m9gkiy_enotik (сумонеры, не мета). Помощь новичкам.
Last edited by MyagkiEnotik on Sep 8, 2020, 2:35:53 PM
"
MyagkiEnotik wrote:

My minions with Withering Touch Support apply a stacks of the Withered debuff on enemy

20% increased Effect of Withered from Corruption notable passive skill increased effect of this stacks?

No, modifiers don't apply to your minions unless they say they do, or something else says they do.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
MyagkiEnotik wrote:

No, modifiers don't apply to your minions unless they say they do, or something else says they do.

I assumed that this mod can be applied not to minions, but to enemies? In this case, it doesn't matter who imposes this effect ...
Ламповые стримы по вечерам https://www.twitch.tv/m9gkiy_enotik (сумонеры, не мета). Помощь новичкам.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info