Mechanical Questions Thread

How does Essentia Sanguis work ?

Is its "Energy leech" property global or local to the weapon ?

I mean, if I am dual wielding with another weapon and this one, do I leech ES on every hits or only those of the Essentia Sanguis ?
Does anybody know how map mod buffs to monster life are calculated? Are they additive or multiplicative to the monsters rarity life bonus? So according to the wiki magic monsters have a life bonus of 187% more maximum Life and rare monsters a life bonus of 463% more maximum Life. If I run a map with 50% more monster life does this mean that stat is added to the monsters life bonus or is it multiplied seperately?
Last edited by dEus__ on Jun 1, 2019, 12:39:11 PM
"
dEus__ wrote:
Does anybody know how map mod buffs to monster life are calculated? Are they additive or multiplicative to the monsters rarity life bonus? So according to the wiki magic monsters have a life bonus of 187% more maximum Life and rare monsters a life bonus of 463% more maximum Life. If I run a map with 50% more monster life does this mean that stat is added to the monsters life bonus or is it multiplied seperately?
It works the same as other Increased/Decreased/More/Less modifiers. All Increased and Decreased modifiers are summed and the result is multiplied by the base, then each More or Less multiplier is individually applied to the result.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
It works the same as other Increased/Decreased/More/Less modifiers. All Increased and Decreased modifiers are summed and the result is multiplied by the base, then each More or Less multiplier is individually applied to the result.

So it's basically: monster life for rare monsters = 463% * 50%, because there is no increased/decreased modifier?
Or in other words running a xoph's breachstone means monsters have double the life because of the 100% more life mod?
Last edited by dEus__ on Jun 1, 2019, 3:58:15 PM
Question: Towhoa, Forest's Sterngth reads, "35% chance to gain an endurance charge when you use a fire skill." Would a triggered fire skill count as 'use', like from Cast when Channeling or Cast when Damage taken?
"
roddyriot wrote:
Question: Towhoa, Forest's Sterngth reads, "35% chance to gain an endurance charge when you use a fire skill." Would a triggered fire skill count as 'use', like from Cast when Channeling or Cast when Damage taken?

No.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/274#p14376112
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
triggered skills aren't used, and won't count as you having attacked/cast recently.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 1, 2019, 8:46:15 PM
I posted this on the Slayer ascendancy preview as well. Just because I found this thread later and it may be an even more appropriate place to post it:

Could anyone at GGG confirm something about the 8% base crit node:

Will additive modifiers to base crit work? My assumption is that no, they become part of the new base value, and thus the value is always set to 8%. However, there are counter arguments that the true base is only the value listed on the weapon. All the additive modifiers still get summed up with the 8% base provided by the Slayer ascendancy.

So, if you socket your attack in an Elder chest with "attacks have +X% to critical strike chance," will the base still be 8%, or is that added on top?

Thanks!
Hello, do vaal summoned skeletons also get 50% more added damage?
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
I can unlink a fully linked gear by using a orb of fusing it this a bug?
"
lis151515 wrote:
I can unlink a fully linked gear by using a orb of fusing it this a bug?

No, it's so you don't accidentally mess up your gear. I think partly so you can spam fusings too, since it can take a ton to 6-link.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info