Mechanical Questions Thread

I wonder does a skill supported by brutality can still poison?
"
rugalb666 wrote:
I wonder does a skill supported by brutality can still poison?

It can poison but it has 0 duration and deals no damage since poison is chaos damage over time. So in practical sense it can't poison.

Sources on brutality and on poison, then Google searched for confirmation.

Last edited by Zphyr on May 14, 2019, 11:52:22 AM
Is there a way to tell when the DOT from bane ends? Essence Drain has a buff icon that shows up on the buff/debuff list on the screen, but I don't have any easy indicator for when bane stops.
"
roddyriot wrote:
Is there a way to tell when the DOT from bane ends? Essence Drain has a buff icon that shows up on the buff/debuff list on the screen, but I don't have any easy indicator for when bane stops.

there is some purple halo on the enemy head but it is lacking visibility especially when you apply three curses at the same time, I wish they make something like a burning effect so we can see it well
If I combine Bodyswap + Arcane Surge + Less Duration will the Less Duration gem actually reduce the time between Bodyswap casts?
"
Mindtroverted wrote:
If I combine Bodyswap + Arcane Surge + Less Duration will the Less Duration gem actually reduce the time between Bodyswap casts?
But Bodyswap has no duration tag nor a cooldown. Perhaps you are thinking about faster casting (which works)?
Im not sure i understand how the area of effect works. Since the area of effect changes if i increase a 20 radius skill area with 100%, then it will become 30 radius. But theoretically if i reduce it with 100% it will be only 10. In my opinion before the area of effect patch 100% reduced would make the area to 0.

If correct what i write, then 100% more area now should increse 20 radius to 40 and 100% less area to 0. How i know the MORE tags on skill gems are additive, so if i have a gem with 30% more damage and another with 20% more damage then i have 50% more, not 1.2*1.3 damage. Then if i have LESS damage it should work the same way theoretically. But it should work this way with everything else... so with area of effect too.

Then the question: A level 1 spell cascade (25% LESS area of effect), level 1 concentrated effect (30% less area of effect) and level 1 intensify (with 4 intensity stack, 48% less area of effect) with 103% less are of effect why not reduce the skill area to 0?

Currently it looks like ~50% less area of effect which means it not LESS but REDUCED area of effect or the LESS area of effect isnt additive stat which isnt looks correct to me too.

No matter how we see, if we start from the wording and other similar mechanics, then the LESS area of effect stat doesnt work properly.
Why?
Last edited by ShinigamiKller on May 18, 2019, 2:31:15 AM
"
Zphyr wrote:
"
Mindtroverted wrote:
But Bodyswap has no duration tag nor a cooldown. Perhaps you are thinking about faster casting (which works)?

Arcane Surge adds the duration tag to any skill gem it is linked to. This allows for some combinations that otherwise wouldn't work. However, I don't know if the actual duration of skills that originally had no duration tag can be changed or not. Therefore my question.
"

Then the question: A level 1 spell cascade (25% LESS area of effect), level 1 concentrated effect (30% less area of effect) and level 1 intensify (with 4 intensity stack, 48% less area of effect) with 103% less are of effect why not reduce the skill area to 0?

Why?

Don't quote me on this, but let's say that the linked gems need to be activated in a certain order. If you start with 100% area effect and apply lv1 Spell Cascade, you will end up with 75% area of effect. If you then apply lv1 Concentrated effect, you'll end up with 52.5% area of effect. Apply lv 1 Intensify to that and you get 27.3% area of effect.

What I'm saying is that maybe the Less reductions do not apply additively, but in succession.
Last edited by Mindtroverted on May 18, 2019, 1:50:51 PM

"
yes it is correct, only kills caused by the explosion are counted as herald kills, in my opinion it will more profitable to use rarity/quanatity support with tornado shot, herald of ice kills are really indirect and less likely to happen

I understood everything, thank you very much for the answer)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info