Mechanical Questions Thread

"
bmsorok wrote:

Will this also to apply to base skill from vaal gems in 3.3?
For example will also "arc" from "vaal arc" benefit from it?
Maybe i asked to early but this jewel is not "limited" on tree so.

No.

"Arc" is not a Vaal skill, even though it comes from a Vaal gem.
I've tried my best to understand critical hit mechanics from the article on wiki, yet I'm here.
My question is: do melee skills have critical strike? If yes, how is it calculated? I'm using Frost Blades and there is no information about the skill critical chance in the skill status window. So
I assume melee skills are using the critical chance stated in character offense status window, am I right?

The tooltip on 1 of the Combat Focus Jewels is the following: With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in radius, Elemental Hit cannot choose cold. Does this mean that 40 Strength AND 40 Intelligence needs to be in the radius? Or does the sum of Strength and Intelligence in the radius need to be 40? Does it need to be exactly 40? Other threshold jewels usually say "with at least 40 Dexterity" rather than simply "with total 40 Strength and Intelligence".

For example, if I placed the Combat Focus: With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in radius, Elemental Hit cannot choose cold, into my tree and there is 50 Strength in its radius, will the jewel's cannot choose cold part work?

If I placed the Combat Focus requiring 40 total Dex and Int in a socket and there was 20 Dex and 30 Int in its radius, would that work?

Finally, how does the "49% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite" on the Elemental Hit gem work? Is this chance to apply ailment independent of the damage type chosen by Elemental Hit? Also, how are the ailments chosen? Are they rolled independently and so can theoretically apply all three ailments with one attack? Or is it only rolled once, and if true, then applies one of these three ailments? Thank you.
Do I need 40 or 80 total stats for the new unique Combat Jewel to function? Example 20 dex and int for total 40, or 40 of both? :) Can be understood either way the way it's described on the jewel, and would make me have to make completely different routes for my build. :)
It doubleposted for some weird reason. :)
Last edited by Schmidter on May 30, 2018, 6:28:10 AM
"
_XaeRee wrote:

My question is: do melee skills have critical strike?

Yes (generally)

"
If yes, how is it calculated?

No different from any other skill, generally.

"
I'm using Frost Blades and there is no information about the skill critical chance in the skill status window. So
I assume melee skills are using the critical chance stated in character offense status window, am I right?

I can think of two possible things you're referring to when you say "skill status window." If you're talking about the gem hover-over, then the correct analogy is not the Offence tab of the character info screen, but rather your melee Weapon. Compare:

Spell skills have their own base critical strike chance, while Attack skills (most bow, wand, and melee skills) use your Weapon's base critical strike chance.

If you're talking about the tooltip when hovering over a skill icon - neither Spells nor Attacks communicate critical strike chance on that tooltip.

The Offence tab of the character screen will tell you the calculated critical strike chance (with all applicable modifiers that it knows how to calculate, i.e. any modifiers other than conditional modifiers) of your skill when you select the appropriate Skill on the character screen (there's a ribbon of icons above the OFfence/Defence/Misc/Charges tabs). When you select the Frost Blades icon, you should see "Main Hand Critical Strike Chance" as one of the modifiers on the tab, and if you're dual wielding, you'll also have an "Off Hand Critical Strike Chance" for your second Weapon. This is your melee critical strike chance with Frost Blades.*

*Fun fact: If you gain bonuses that explicitly say melee critical strike chance and/or projectile critical strike chance - I believe only the former exists in the game right now - you'll have different projectile critical strike chance vs. melee critical strike chance for Frost Blades, but the Offence tab will only calculate the melee critical strike chance. Your projectile critical strike chance will be a mystery! (But fairly similar to your melee critical strike chance since there are relatively few sources of melee critical strike chance as opposed to attack-wide critical strike chance, so you'd have a very low chance of seeing the melee hit crit, but not the projectiles).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 30, 2018, 9:36:19 AM
Hey everyone. I got question about mechanic of mirror/blink arrows skill with trap support gem in 3.3.0. Will it have any cooldown, or amount of summoned clones will be fixed to some certain amount?
Question about "kicking" our character from League to Standard.
Playing in Abyss League I make 70/144 map in Atlas. Playing Bestiary I make 130/144 map in Atlas. Both characters are in standard now, but why I have the Atlas from older character?
"
Question about "kicking" our character from League to Standard.
Playing in Abyss League I make 70/144 map in Atlas. Playing Bestiary I make 130/144 map in Atlas. Both characters are in standard now, but why I have the Atlas from older character?

Because merges take time:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091028

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
The second phase happens during a server restart following the end of the challenge league. This is usually 2-6 days after the league ends. In this phase:

- Your Atlas progress will be merged
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks for answer! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info