Mechanical Questions Thread

How will dual-wielding Dyadus work with the new Elemental Hit which deals only fire and cold? Will it always sync up or does it have a 50% chance not to work?
"
Tandaryel wrote:
How will dual-wielding Dyadus work with the new Elemental Hit which deals only fire and cold? Will it always sync up or does it have a 50% chance not to work?

it seems it will have 50% chance to "work"
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Regarding the reworked ele hit: will it be able to ignite enemies with cold damage if you're using hrimburn? Or is the damage of the ignite going to be nullified by the "cannot deal other damage" part of the skill?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I have question about mechanic of dual wielding.
I read this: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dual_wielding :-)
So dual wielding grants us some bonuses but i don't understand the bonus from second hand to attack.
For example plaing with Blade Flurry or Reave I must have sword in main hand. In the off hand I have sword/axe/mace, but the skill requires sword.
Could someone explain me the mechanics? :-(
"
So dual wielding grants us some bonuses but i don't understand the bonus from second hand to attack.
For example plaing with Blade Flurry or Reave I must have sword in main hand. In the off hand I have sword/axe/mace, but the skill requires sword.

In your example you only use the main hand weapon, but also get the inherent dual wield benefits as well as all the global modifiers on your off-hand.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"

In your example you only use the main hand weapon, but also get the inherent dual wield benefits as well as all the global modifiers on your off-hand.

So if i take for example Soul Taker to my off-hand i will have the bottom benefits:

(100-140)% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage
(20-25)% increased Attack Speed
+(20-25)% to Cold Resistance
Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks
Your Physical Damage can Chill

yes?
"
(100-140)% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage
(20-25)% increased Attack Speed

These are local mods, they apply to the weapon itself, causing the normally white stats on the weapon card to change into other blue numbers, to make it apparent that they are the result of the base stats being modified. In general, all boni to physical damage, be it flat or a increased modifiers on weapons are local unless stated otherwise. Local increases are multiplicative with global ones. Flat elemental damage on weapons is local unless stated otherwise, but elemental damage increases are always global. X% of Y added as Z damage and "normal" conversions are always global (both are in fact conversions, it can get confusing sometimes), which is what lead to the popular "shaper stat-sticks".

"
+(20-25)% to Cold Resistance
Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks
Your Physical Damage can Chill

These are global stats. They don't apply to the weapon, but to the character using it. Resistances are always a global stat and the other two give themselves away with the keyword "your". If they were local, they'd have "with this weapon" somewhere in it. Usually the more complicated effects are global, unless stated otherwise in the wording.

I got a question now: If I use The Goddess Scorned, do spells still have ignite base damage? I mean, they hit for 0 damage due to the sword's modifier, but at the moment ailment base damage is supposed to be unrelated to the hit damage...
TL;DR: Can I hurt enemies with ignites from spells if I use The Goddess Scorned?
While we're on the topic of dual wielding.

If I dual wield these:

And use Dual Strike or Cleave, will the reductions to enemy stun threshold stack?
Hi Mark,
Quick question regarding Flameblast: Its tooltip states "110% more spell damage for each stage". If I link it to a Cast While Channeling support gem, will the supported triggered spell also benefit from the "more spell damage" modifier, or the "more spell damage" is only for Flameblast?
Many thanks in advance!
I just wanted to clarify how I think that something works.

I use arc and have Soul of Arakaali active (theoretically, not at this moment). Thus, I have a 10% to avoid lightning damage when hit. The wiki states that reflect causes the player to hit themselves, and therefore I assume that the 10% chance would be triggered. Correct?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info