Mechanical Questions Thread

Can secondary effects of Heralds (Ash/Thunder/Ice) crit and work with power charge on critical hit support? I know Thunder and Ice can also apply curses, what about Herald of Ash?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
Can secondary effects of Heralds (Ash/Thunder/Ice) crit and work with power charge on critical hit support? I know Thunder and Ice can also apply curses, what about Herald of Ash?

Herald of Ash never hits anything, it just applies a burning effect (which, since we're being specific, is not Ignite). Therefore it can't crit and it can't proc any on-hit effects.

Herald of Ice and Thunder hit their targets, dealing secondary damage. This hit can properly deliver all on-hit effects, including CoH. (With the specific exception that HoT can not Shock; as written in the gem description). By default, their critical strike chance is 0%. But you can make this non-zero by any modifier that adds a flat base critical chance, for example the Increased Critical Strikes support gem. Then they can crit and indeed grant PCoC.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 19, 2018, 5:05:23 PM
2 Questions.

Setup:
crit BV pathfinder character. Physical to Lightning gem linked. Impulsa chest equipped.
Buffs: Hatred only

Let's say my BV one shots packs with a critical hit. Everything is shattered. And my question is:

#1 Is the shock applied if they die instantly and will I get explosions from Impulsa chest afterwards?
#2 50% of lightning damage from BV. What stornger mobs/bosses can I expect to shock?

Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Searched and found a lot of old stuff. Sorry if this has been answered before:

1. Do traps work with Cospri's Will - giving poison "on hit" ?

2. Do traps work with Fenumus' Spinnerets "Gain (15-20) Energy Shield for each Enemy you Hit which is affected by a Spider's Web" ? (asuming no, because "you" =/= the trap )

Ty
Does the regeneration gained by zealoth's oath run constantly, or is it subject to the delayed start like the basic energy shield regeneration?
"
Makkake wrote:
Does the regeneration gained by zealoth's oath run constantly, or is it subject to the delayed start like the basic energy shield regeneration?

In short: runs constantly.

It may be confusing, but there are several "re-" words that do similar things but refer to different terms.

Zealot's Oath's Energy Shield regeneration works just like Life Regeneration - it runs all the time regardless of whether you're taking damage. Modifiers that prevent ES Regeneration apply to this mechanic. Regeneration is a form of Recovery.

The "basic energy shield regeneration" is not actually a regeneration mechanic. It is Recharge, which is also a form of Recovery, but is not Regeneration. It is not stopped by modifiers that prevent Regeneration.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
So, to put it simple, when the normal ms regen is stopped by taking damage, the regen from zealoths oath still runs?
Thank you.
"
Makkake wrote:
So, to put it simple, when the normal ms regen is stopped by taking damage, the regen from zealoths oath still runs?

Yes, correct.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Some scenarios all with 30% pack size
1: pack with just 10 white monster, does it mean 13 after pack size is applied?
2: pack with a rare and 10 white monsters, how does pack size treat rare monsters, since u cant have 1.3 rares in a pack.

i have heard that pack size doesn't scale linearly with monster count, but rather the radius of the circle of space that they can spawn in, so 30% increase pack size would mean 30% increase in the radius of the circle which means 69% more space for monsters to spawn, can you confirm if this is true. if not how does pack size work exactly?

Also if you have 30% more magic monster and 30% more rare monster mod on a map, lets say the magic mod converted a white pack to magic, would the same magic pack be now taken into consideration when the rare mod converts packs into rare packs. or does the rare mod only convert white packs to rare?
Tell me, please, does it work legacy IIQ equipment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info