Mechanical Questions Thread

Is the blinding aura from Corona Solaris affected by increased aura AoE nodes on the passive tree? I know putting an increased AoE support gem in it works, but I didn't see a tooltip difference with passive nodes.
How does Point Blank keystone work with Blast Rain and Rain of Arrows? Is the distance calculated from your character rather from where you cast the skill?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on May 23, 2018, 1:03:35 PM
Been doing a bit of theory-crafting and I thought of a build I might like to try.

Cyclone
Cast On Crit
Detonate Mines
+
Freeze Mine socketed in a Cospri's Malice.

My question is to whether in theory that mines would be placed and detonated on critical strike.
"
BasicRed wrote:

My question is to whether in theory that mines would be placed and detonated on critical strike.

No. Placing a Mine is not the same as Casting a Spell. There's currently no way to trigger-place Mines in the game.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Pardon me.I would like to know something about the unique item,Wondertrap.I would like to know if the 100% increased rarity of items when on low life is applied when my maximum HP is only 1(due to chaos inoculation)
"
Gyakusetsu wrote:
Pardon me.I would like to know something about the unique item,Wondertrap.I would like to know if the 100% increased rarity of items when on low life is applied when my maximum HP is only 1(due to chaos inoculation)

Low Life refers to being at 35% or less of your maximum Life.

If your Life is 1/1, this is inherently not the case - your character is at Full Life.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Somewhat of an order of operations question. (Might or might not be related to the reworked Elemental Hit.)

I use a skill that hits everything in an area at the same time. Say, Flameblast.
I also have Herald of Ice running, and have the Elemental Equilibrium keystone.
Assume no other sources of damage.

I hit two enemies with the FB. Both are within range of the HoI explosion of each other. Neither enemy is affected by EE before the hit. The first enemy is frozen and dies to the FB (and thus shatters and procs HoI); the other has enough life to withstand both FB and HoI hits.

In what order is the damage dealt by FB and HoI processed? I can see at least two possible scenarios:

"

- Target 1 gets hit by FB. It takes the full damage of FB and the added damage of HoI.
- Target 2 gets hit by FB, takes full damage, and has EE applied to it.
- EE is applied to Target 2. It now has increased Fire and Cold resistances (and reduced Lightning).
- Target 1 dies, shattering, and triggering HoI explosion.
- Target 2 gets hit by the HoI explosion, and takes reduced Cold damage due to the EE.

"

- Target 1 gets hit by FB. It takes the full damage of FB and the added damage of HoI.
- Target 1 dies, shattering, and triggers HoI explosion.
- Target 2 gets hit by the HoI explosion, taking full Cold damage from it.
- EE is applied to Target 2, increasing Cold resistance and lowering Fire and Lightning ones.
- Target 2 gets hit by FB. It takes increased Fire damage, but reduced Cold damage, thanks to EE.

The observable difference is how much damage Target 2 takes from the Flameblast.

In general, my question is: are simultaneous on-hit effect processed in a "queue" order (scenario 1, resolve all pending hits before triggering any subsequent effects); or in a "stack" order (scenario 2, resolve all immediate effects of one hit before considering the next hit)?

[edit] Uhh, much simpler example:

Flameblast + Power Charge on Crit + Spell Damage per Power Charge passive.
Flameblast hits two enemies, crits both, and triggers PCoC; granting a Power Charge.
Will/can either of the hits benefit from the 4% increased Spell Damage?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 9:03:07 AM
Regarding Juggernaut's "Unbreakable" Node.

"1.5% of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits in the past 10 seconds is Regenerated as Life per second."

Does this "damage prevented" counter increment with sources of mitigation or "less/reduced damage taken" modifiers or both?

An example to illustrate:

Lets say a mob has base 100 phys damage and tries to hit me.

Which of the following counts towards the "Damage prevented" counter:

a) Partial dmg mitigation through armor
b) Full dmg avoidance through evade, dodge and block
c) Full dmg mitigation through Immortal Call Immunity
d) Partial dmg mitigation through endurance charges
e) Less dmg taken through skills such as arctic armor
f) Reduced dmg taken though skill tree and ascendancy nodes

I'm guessing that a, b, c, and d mitigate or avoid the incoming damage, therefore they count towards damage avoidance and therefore impact the counter.

What I'm not so clear on is e, and f. Do these count?

So as an example lets say we are hit for 100 phy damage:

-mitigate 50% of damage through armor
-have 2 endurance charges (8% reduced damage)

So we've mitigated (avoided) 58% of phy damage and are left with 42 to deal with.

Lets deal with damage taken now.

-take 13% less phy damage through arctic armor
-take 5% reduced damage (from Juggernaut Unbreakable node)
-40% increased physical damage (from abyssus)

42 * (1 - 0.13) * (1 + 0.4 - 0.05) = 42 * 0.87 * 1.35 = 49.3.

So we take 49.3 damage. What is the dmg prevented counter at? 58? 50.7? Or something else? If something else, what?

Thanks
"
Scol91 wrote:
Hey, I have few questions about Animated Guardian and the Essence-crafted items. Do following mods work on AG if he's wearing those items:

- Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds
- Weapon: 10% chance to Cast Leve 20 Fire Burst on Hit
- Weapon: Casts level 20 Spectral Spirits when equipped
- Body Armour: Gain Onslaught for 3 seconds when Hit
- Belt: 5% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask (when combined with Umbilicus Immortalis)

VERY old question, and i dont see the answer.
does someone knows?
thank you
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
adghar wrote:
"
BasicRed wrote:

No. Placing a Mine is not the same as Casting a Spell. There's currently no way to trigger-place Mines in the game.

You are absolutely correct that you cannot cast (place) mines with a "Cast On" mechanic because all of those specifically exclude traps, mines, and totems. However, his question included detonating mines. While you cannot place mines through a "Cast on" mechanic, you can detonate already placed mines with "Cast on" support. There is one caveat, though.

When you place a mine, you automatically get a "Detonate Mine" skill. That pops up when a mine is active. It is bound to the "D" key. Because that is not a skill gem, there is no way to support it. There is, however, a white skill gem called "Detonate Mines." (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Detonate_Mines)

As far as I can tell, you can only get it through drops; however, because it is an actual gem with a Spell tag, it can be supported by "Cast on" support gems and even Spell Totem Support to automatically detonate mines that you manually place.

Whether or not it is practical to do so is another question, but it is possible to Detonate mines with such support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info