Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello,

I have a question regarding "getting fated versions of items" (fating?) and what parameters influence the outcome of statrolling. Are there any at all, like Char/item/map-level, number of players in party etc?
From the Assassin ascendancy's 'Ambush and Assassinate' node, how does the '+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are on Full Life' interact with damage over time if the 'Perfect Agony' keystone is specced (assuming the hit that delivers the ailment crits)? Will the damage over time benefit from the bonus multiplier for the entire duration?
"
LordJesus wrote:
From the Assassin ascendancy's 'Ambush and Assassinate' node, how does the '+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are on Full Life' interact with damage over time if the 'Perfect Agony' keystone is specced (assuming the hit that delivers the ailment crits)? Will the damage over time benefit from the bonus multiplier for the entire duration?

when it comes to a single hit which is applied on full life, yes. for example flameblast and u watch the enemy burn down if it is enough.
"
b44dss wrote:

i understand, but the "BASE" for ignites is still the "bow physical damage" + all added damage like from "added fire support gem" right? (i am talking about full conversion to fire here).

in your case, it makes sense that the wording "bow" and "attack" are not ailment specific characteristics.

but still in this case it should count, otherwise it is not consistent in my opinion, because the local physical dmg is the "base". since close range doubles the bow damage, it should increase its base and for those it counts also for ailments.

EDIT:
well i just saw the wording change: "100% More Damage with Arrow Hits at Close Range"
it is no longer "100% more bow damage". point blank also "Projectile Attacks". how crazy they fucked up ignite for that long. they try to bring it back in the next expansion, but it wont be enough again i guess ^^.

Base damage on a bow is flat damage.
More/Increase bow damage doesn't affect ailments.
Added damage does. (case it is "base" damage)
And 100% more damage is not local, its global.
Last edited by Uoykai on May 18, 2018, 5:04:54 PM
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
b44dss wrote:

i understand, but the "BASE" for ignites is still the "bow physical damage" + all added damage like from "added fire support gem" right? (i am talking about full conversion to fire here).

in your case, it makes sense that the wording "bow" and "attack" are not ailment specific characteristics.

but still in this case it should count, otherwise it is not consistent in my opinion, because the local physical dmg is the "base". since close range doubles the bow damage, it should increase its base and for those it counts also for ailments.

EDIT:
well i just saw the wording change: "100% More Damage with Arrow Hits at Close Range"
it is no longer "100% more bow damage". point blank also "Projectile Attacks". how crazy they fucked up ignite for that long. they try to bring it back in the next expansion, but it wont be enough again i guess ^^.

Base damage on a bow is flat damage.
More/Increase bow damage doesn't affect ailments.
Added damage does. (case it is "base" damage)
And 100% more damage is not local, its global.

yeah ty.
Hi,

I'm using oni goroshi and have both blood rage and her embrace as a degen. When her embrace expires, do I get arachnoxia pantheon buff or is the buff only possible if I stop having blood rage degen aswell?
"
Amaranth314 wrote:
Hi,

I'm using oni goroshi and have both blood rage and her embrace as a degen. When her embrace expires, do I get arachnoxia pantheon buff or is the buff only possible if I stop having blood rage degen aswell?

i know for sure that if u run blood rage (which does physical damage per second) and immortal call triggers, you get the faster recovery rate from this pantheon. so i am very sure you dont get it in your case, since u still get Fire Damage because of the swords degen still continues.

but u can test this urself pretty quickly by watching the character sheet :-D.
Last edited by b44dss on May 18, 2018, 6:52:11 PM
"
Amaranth314 wrote:
Hi,

If you are taking damage over time from any source, you haven't "stopped taking damage over time".
How come this gem set up from a pro build isn't procing immortal call when i use it ? and yes i'm keeping CwDT at level 1 and immortal call at lvl 3.

Wither
Spell Totem Support
CwDT Support
Immortal Call
"
tivigny1 wrote:
How come this gem set up from a pro build isn't procing immortal call when i use it ? and yes i'm keeping CwDT at level 1 and immortal call at lvl 3.

Wither
Spell Totem Support
CwDT Support
Immortal Call

If all four sockets are linked together, this will give you Immortal Call that is being cast by a Spell Totem. And CwDT can not support skills cast by totems.

To get this setup to work the way you want, you need to break the 4-link into two 2-links, with Wither + Totem in one and CwDT + IC in the other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info