Mechanical Questions Thread

In the description of Eldritch Battery, what exactly is the difference between the modifiers "Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life" and "Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs"? If each of them was available separately, what would be the effect of having one but not the other?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 12, 2018, 10:39:20 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
In the description of Eldritch Battery, what exactly is the difference between the modifiers "Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life" and "Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs"? If each of them was available separately, what would be the effect of having one but not the other?

Well, just for clearer....
At the first line, the word "protect" mean when you get hit, this only work with major node "Mind Over Matter", which make your mana take 30% damage and in this case, your es take this damage first
At the second line, "spend for skill cost" of course isn't the same with "protect". And if you think "protect" is fine for both case then it will make confuse with the major node "Blood Magic", which remove all your mana and your es in this case have nothing to protect
"
kuddman wrote:
Will the 'normal' Blade Vortex and the Vaal Blade Vortex vortices be able to overlap?

Another question connected to Vaal Blade Vortex: if the damage modifiers change after the vaal blade vortex is activated, does it change the damage output of the blades? I would think not, similar to the Essence Drain effect but would like to be 100% sure.
"
kuddman wrote:
"
kuddman wrote:
Will the 'normal' Blade Vortex and the Vaal Blade Vortex vortices be able to overlap?

Another question connected to Vaal Blade Vortex: if the damage modifiers change after the vaal blade vortex is activated, does it change the damage output of the blades? I would think not, similar to the Essence Drain effect but would like to be 100% sure.

The damage of every Hit is calculated at the moment the Hit occurs. There are no exceptions to this rule (that I know of; and excluding acknowledged bugs). I definitely have no reason to believe that Vaal BV is going to act any differently.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 13, 2018, 11:01:42 PM
Hey, Question I'm about to ask is probably asked before but I couldn't manage to find in threads, I'm thinking about making a molten strike for upcoming new league and I'm wondering that does melee physical damage and melee critical increase nodes improve molten strike projectile damage or not? Since molten strike projectile damage is depends on it's physical damage I couldn't be sure about this.
"
Hey, Question I'm about to ask is probably asked before but I couldn't manage to find in threads, I'm thinking about making a molten strike for upcoming new league and I'm wondering that does melee physical damage and melee critical increase nodes improve molten strike projectile damage or not? Since molten strike projectile damage is depends on it's physical damage I couldn't be sure about this.

No.

The damage of Molten Strike projectiles does not depend on the damage of the melee hit in any way. There are many modifiers which affect both equally, such as "increased Physical Damage" (note the lack of Melee), but there is no direct relation.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 14, 2018, 1:14:39 PM
Hi,

will Tinkerskin + Zealot's Other result in 150 energy shield recover?

Ty

Solved (probally): recover is the same as in flasks, so it doesnt work.
Last edited by willeke on May 14, 2018, 6:49:02 PM
"
willeke wrote:
Hi,

will Tinkerskin + Zealot's Other result in 150 energy shield recover?

Zealot's Oath transfers life regeneration, and regeneration only. If it is not life regeneration, ZO will not do anything about it.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"

No.

The damage of Molten Strike projectiles does not depend on the damage of the melee hit in any way. There are many modifiers which affect both equally, such as "increased Physical Damage" (note the lack of Melee), but there is no direct relation.

Thanks you for answer, so basically if I will go for projectile damage I should avoid all the melee tag passive points on the tree they don't give anything to projectile part of molten strike is that correct ?
How does bear trap interact with Saboteur's Chain Reaction support? Some old threads seem to suggest that Chain Reaction will stuff up multiple bear traps because the ones that are triggered by Chain Reaction will not "find" the enemy so they'll just fizzle. Just confirming if that's the case?

If so, would it be much better to run Assassin > Saboteur for a bear trap build?
Last edited by Platehead on May 15, 2018, 9:45:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info