Mechanical Questions Thread

"
suszterpatt wrote:
While we're on the topic of dual wielding.

If I dual wield these:

And use Dual Strike or Cleave, will the reductions to enemy stun threshold stack?

No.

Each weapon hit is calculated separately, then they're combined into single combined damage package. Since stun is part of damage calculation, this is calculated separately for each weapon, and then the combined hit will stun if either of the hits stuns." - Mark on August 9, 2012 7:51 AM

"
Sbbulakk wrote:
Hi Mark,
Quick question regarding Flameblast: Its tooltip states "110% more spell damage for each stage". If I link it to a Cast While Channeling support gem, will the supported triggered spell also benefit from the "more spell damage" modifier, or the "more spell damage" is only for Flameblast?
Many thanks in advance!

It wont, this bonus affect only Flameblast and Ailments from Flameblast.

"
I just wanted to clarify how I think that something works.

I use arc and have Soul of Arakaali active (theoretically, not at this moment). Thus, I have a 10% to avoid lightning damage when hit. The wiki states that reflect causes the player to hit themselves, and therefore I assume that the 10% chance would be triggered. Correct?
Thanks!

Yes, it will have chance to avoid reflect, but this chance is not the same as "dodge/block" and numerate separately.
Last edited by Uoykai on May 29, 2018, 1:23:54 AM
Brilliant, thank you!
"
FCK42 wrote:

I got a question now: If I use The Goddess Scorned, do spells still have ignite base damage? I mean, they hit for 0 damage due to the sword's modifier, but at the moment ailment base damage is supposed to be unrelated to the hit damage...
TL;DR: Can I hurt enemies with ignites from spells if I use The Goddess Scorned?

You deal zero spell damage with goddess scorned, so ignite damage will be zero too
Last edited by Uoykai on May 29, 2018, 5:59:34 AM
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

I got a question now: If I use The Goddess Scorned, do spells still have ignite base damage? I mean, they hit for 0 damage due to the sword's modifier, but at the moment ailment base damage is supposed to be unrelated to the hit damage...
TL;DR: Can I hurt enemies with ignites from spells if I use The Goddess Scorned?

You deal zero spell damage with goddess scorned, so ignite damage will be zero too

The damage of Ignite is not Spell Damage though, nor is it based on your Spell Damage in any way.

I don't know the answer to the original question, it is possible that you are right - but just disabling Spell Damage would do nothing to the damage of an Ignite caused by a Spell.

[Edit] I bought the weapon in Standard and tested it; you are indeed unable to Ignite anything with a Spell while wielding The Goddess Scorned. I would love an explanation from Mark on how this works or whether this is the intended behavior.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 29, 2018, 6:18:11 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

[Edit] I bought the weapon in Standard and tested it; you are indeed unable to Ignite anything with a Spell while wielding The Goddess Scorned. I would love an explanation from Mark on how this works or whether this is the intended behavior.

Sword make all non weapon flat damage to zero, thats why we cannot ignite
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Well that's not what the modifier says. Besides, ignite is not flat damage. It is Damage over Time.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Well that's not what the modifier says. Besides, ignite is not flat damage. It is Damage over Time.

yes, but this damage over time is 40% of base/flat damage per second
Last edited by Uoykai on May 29, 2018, 6:36:27 AM
"
Uoykai wrote:
yes, but this damage over time is 40% of base/flat damage per second

But modifiers can not change the base damage of a skill.

I am mostly referring to this image, which I am sure you are very familiar with, just putting it here for the sake of illustration:

There is no place in this image where the modifier "You can only deal Damage with this Weapon and Ignite" could go, still do what it say, and be consistent with in-game behavior. If it sits in the top part, it should not affect the damage of ignite. If it is in the bottom part, it is negating the damage of Ignite, which it is not supposed to do based on the description.

That is unless you read the modifier as saying that the damage must both come from the weapon and be Ignite to count, i.e. "You can only deal Damage with Ignite that is caused by this Weapon". But this is obviously false, since I can just smack a zombie in the head with the weapon and it dies.

I am guessing that the modifier actually wants to say "You can only deal Damage with this Weapon, and with Ignite caused by Hits with this Weapon", but it is written wrong on purpose to save space. Wouldn't be the first time.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 29, 2018, 6:53:02 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I am guessing that the modifier actually wants to say "You can only deal Damage with this Weapon, and with Ignite caused by Hits with this Weapon", but it is written wrong on purpose to save space.

May be its the right answer.
This question was discussed by players (long before ignite rework), but this thread had no GGG answer.
Still can't find it....
Last edited by Uoykai on May 29, 2018, 7:01:20 AM

Will this also to apply to base skill from vaal gems in 3.3?
For example will also "arc" from "vaal arc" benefit from it?
Maybe i asked to early but this jewel is not "limited" on tree so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info