Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, i have question about items rarity.

I have 120% Increased Rarity of items dropped by slain monsters. Also have 107% incredese rarity of items by slain magic monsters from Biscos Collar. At end, have 61% from Item rarity support on my zombies.

So, totaly have 288% when my zombie slain magic monster. When i play rare maps, i have 300+. 3x more magic, rare and unique items.

But i feel frustrated about this, bcs Unique items dont drop anyway. This is my farm build, and he does not work. How it works? I google it. Now i ask.

This game is about items, and i dont feel progress,only frustration. Please, explain :)
Regarding the buff granted by vaal arc:

If vaal arc is linked with spell totem it will create a totem that casts vaal arc once and grants the lucky buff to itself, not affecting other totems casting arc. (is this correct?)

However, a standalone vaal arc will grant the buff to the player which any arc totems cast by the player will inherit. (is this correct?)
"
tie23he wrote:
The tooltip on 1 of the Combat Focus Jewels is the following: With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in radius, Elemental Hit cannot choose cold. Does this mean that 40 Strength AND 40 Intelligence needs to be in the radius? Or does the sum of Strength and Intelligence in the radius need to be 40? Does it need to be exactly 40? Other threshold jewels usually say "with at least 40 Dexterity" rather than simply "with total 40 Strength and Intelligence".

"
Schmidter wrote:
Do I need 40 or 80 total stats for the new unique Combat Jewel to function? Example 20 dex and int for total 40, or 40 of both? :) Can be understood either way the way it's described on the jewel, and would make me have to make completely different routes for my build. :)

The sum of Strength and Intelligence must be at least 40. So you could have 40 Str and 0 Int, or 10 Str and 30 Int, or 35 Str and 35 Int.

Note that in the current passive tree this never actually makes a difference. Any jewel socket that has enough combined attributes in radius already has enough of one attribute by itself. But it could possibly matter if you change the effects of some passives via other jewels.

"
tie23he wrote:
Finally, how does the "49% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite" on the Elemental Hit gem work? Is this chance to apply ailment independent of the damage type chosen by Elemental Hit? Also, how are the ailments chosen? Are they rolled independently and so can theoretically apply all three ailments with one attack? Or is it only rolled once, and if true, then applies one of these three ailments? Thank you.

It works the same way as anywhere else. Every hit will have a 49% chance to cause all three ailments. Provided you deal enough damage of a type that can cause an ailment with non-zero effect, this ailment will be applied. Usually this means that if you roll, say, Fire, you can never Shock; as you never deal any Lightning damage. But there are certain items and abilities that can change that, for example The Three Dragons.

For a slightly more detailed explanation, see my earlier post here, or the wiki Ailment page.

I believe each ailment is rolled independently. So, assuming your damage can Ignite, Freeze, and Shock; one hit could inflict the first two but not the third, for example.

"
twixeg wrote:
Hey everyone. I got question about mechanic of mirror/blink arrows skill with trap support gem in 3.3.0. Will it have any cooldown, or amount of summoned clones will be fixed to some certain amount?

In 3.3, the Trap support gem will no longer affect the cooldown of the supported active skill in any way. So in case of Mirror Arrow + Trap, the skill will simply keep the 3 second base cooldown of Mirror Arrow.

For more details, see comments by Mark_GGG in this thread.

AFAIK there is no hard limit on the total number of MA/BA clones you can have summoned at the same time.

"
Ugrl wrote:
Hi, i have question about items rarity.

I have 120% Increased Rarity of items dropped by slain monsters. Also have 107% incredese rarity of items by slain magic monsters from Biscos Collar. At end, have 61% from Item rarity support on my zombies.

So, totaly have 288% when my zombie slain magic monster. When i play rare maps, i have 300+. 3x more magic, rare and unique items.

But i feel frustrated about this, bcs Unique items dont drop anyway. This is my farm build, and he does not work. How it works? I google it. Now i ask.

This game is about items, and i dont feel progress,only frustration. Please, explain :)

Unique items drop only rarely, that's all... 300% of "very few" is still "few". Also make sure your item filter is not hiding some unique items (many popular filters hide less valuable ones).

Finally, IIR and IIQ modifiers do not scale linearly. 300% increased rarity does not mean that an item has exactly 300% higher chance to drop as a unique. The stat is subject to diminishing returns, so it is somewhat less than that. I do not think the exact formula for this is publicly known.

"
h31r wrote:
Regarding the buff granted by vaal arc:

If vaal arc is linked with spell totem it will create a totem that casts vaal arc once and grants the lucky buff to itself, not affecting other totems casting arc. (is this correct?)

Correct; totems cast your skills modified by your stats. The skill-specific stats of the totem are ignored. Thus a totem having the "lucky" stat does not do anything for the skills cast by the totem (or any other totems obviously).

Correction: Rory has mentioned that Vaal Arc is special-cased such that if a proxy casts it, the player character gets the "lucky" buff. Thus all Arcs cast by your totems will benefit from it!

"
However, a standalone vaal arc will grant the buff to the player which any arc totems cast by the player will inherit. (is this correct?)

Correct.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 31, 2018, 7:58:35 PM
Tailwind in depth description doesn't seem to exist anywhere, neither much can be found about action speed stat.

It's obvious that it acts like 10-20% MORE multiplier for attack, cast and movement speed. Still, clarification is needed on whether or not it works with:

1) trap throwing/mine laying speed
2) trap/mine arming speed
3) life, ES and mana recovery rate
4) faster start of energy shield recharge
Can Commandment of thunder apply shock. I assume not but was just asking
"
leakvoid wrote:
Tailwind in depth description doesn't seem to exist anywhere, neither much can be found about action speed stat.

Perhaps more accurately it should be called animation speed. It affects everything that your character does that has some animation that you have to go through. So:

"
1) trap throwing/mine laying speed - yes!
2) trap/mine arming speed - no, that is an action of the trap/mine, not your character
3) life, ES and mana recovery rate - no, no animation
4) faster start of energy shield recharge - no, ditto

(I wonder if it affects the speed with which you open the chest in Vorici's misions.)

"
BGeezy wrote:
Can Commandment of thunder apply shock. I assume not but was just asking

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be able to, at least from the little the wiki tells me about it. It even has a decent base critical chance so you don't need to invest in chance to shock.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 31, 2018, 7:23:31 PM
Hello!
I have a question considering crit strikes and Terminus Est. So the problem is I dont have frenzy charge sustain (does not happen all the time) while having 95% crit and 93% accuracy. I previously had Slayer and respeced into Championt to test if this is a matter of accuracy(but how can it even be it??) and picked the taunt ascendancy and I still can not sustain charges on Guardians (from what i have found they do not have tount immune). Some times I have 0 to 1 and some times I just stop. How is it even possible? I really dont understand what can i do to sustain charges.
Last edited by Into_dust on May 31, 2018, 8:09:30 PM
How come if I socket Empower into Whispering Ice, which reads "Grants level 1 Icestorm skill", my Icestorm skill becomes supported by Empower, but if I socket Empower into my Victario's Acuity with the Vaal implicit "Grants level 15 Purity of Lightning skill", my Purity of Lightning is not supported by Empower?

With the exact same wording, I would expect the exact same behaviour.

Ignoring the fact that I've played for around half a decade, looking at this with a newer player's eyes; the Whispering Ice case is more surprising. We're taught that socketing a support will only have an effect on linked skills, but this Granted skill in the staff is also supported, with no links required...? If anything it should at least explain that when I hold Alt...
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on May 31, 2018, 8:16:17 PM
"
Asday wrote:
How come if I socket Empower into Whispering Ice, which reads "Grants level 1 Icestorm skill", my Icestorm skill becomes supported by Empower

Are you sure this actually happens? Could you post a screenshot?

Empower definitely shouldn't be affecting skills that do not come from gems, as per its description.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 31, 2018, 8:28:36 PM
Molten Strike will not work with Aberrath's Horn (not sure why as I thought the description of a melee weapon was no projectile action).

Will work with Void Battery though - why?

I get that Molten Strike has the keyword Melee.

Maybe, I'm misunderstanding what Melee means.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info