Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello,

Question pertaining to Dancing Duo, Reaver sword.
I Vaaled it, I got a new Vaal implicit (Socketed Gems are supported by level 12 accuracy) I am under the impression that this won't effect the Dancing dervish skill. Can you confirm?

Regards,

Something.
"
onmyhustle247 wrote:
Hi guys, why am I taking chaos damage with death's oath on a ancestral bond character when the totems are killing and I do no damage? I have a glove enchant from the Lab but I would still never kill a mob because of the keystone?
Any chance someone has an answer to this question, played it last league and never got a debuff. Tried turning all heralds off and no warcrys, still get the debuff. What makes me think its a bug is that it only happens around 10% of the time making it had to play around.

Thanks in advance guys having an awesome time this league!

Thanks, Squeakyt0y

If a monster dies to Damage over Time, the kill always gets attributed to your character, even if the DoT was applied by a totem/minion/etc. Maybe you have some small source of DoT on your totem that you didn't have last league - possibly fire damage that can Ignite?

(Random question, why are you using Death's Oath if not for the damage aura? Surely there are body armors with better stats you could actually benefit from?)

"
CakesofPan wrote:
Hello,

Question pertaining to Dancing Duo, Reaver sword.
I Vaaled it, I got a new Vaal implicit (Socketed Gems are supported by level 12 accuracy) I am under the impression that this won't effect the Dancing dervish skill. Can you confirm?

Regards,

Something.

"Manifest Dancing Dervish" is not a gem socketed in the item. Modifiers which only apply to gems (such as the one you have, but also some support gems such as Empower) will not apply to it.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 22, 2018, 6:30:53 AM
using beast crafting to 30% weapon/armour quality can destroy item like vaal orb?(i mean socket color change or etc.)or it only change quality to 30% and make item corrupted?
Last edited by Lothay on Mar 22, 2018, 7:33:04 AM
"
Lothay wrote:
using beast crafting to 30% weapon/armour quality can destroy item like vaal orb?(i mean socket color change or etc.)or it only change quality to 30% and make item corrupted?

No, the only change is setting the quality to 30% and adding the corrupted property.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
onmyhustle247 wrote:
Hi guys, why am I taking chaos damage with death's oath on a ancestral bond character when the totems are killing and I do no damage? I have a glove enchant from the Lab but I would still never kill a mob because of the keystone?
Any chance someone has an answer to this question, played it last league and never got a debuff. Tried turning all heralds off and no warcrys, still get the debuff. What makes me think its a bug is that it only happens around 10% of the time making it had to play around.

Thanks in advance guys having an awesome time this league!

Thanks, Squeakyt0y

If a monster dies to Damage over Time, the kill always gets attributed to your character, even if the DoT was applied by a totem/minion/etc. Maybe you have some small source of DoT on your totem that you didn't have last league - possibly fire damage that can Ignite?

(Random question, why are you using Death's Oath if not for the damage aura? Surely there are body armors with better stats you could actually benefit from?)

I mainly use it because its cheap and gives 15% attack speed with high armour/stats. and no downsides (apparently)

EDIT:: i tried taking off all sources of ele damage and it still happens around 10% of the time? Really looking forward to Mark's take on this. Thanks again
Last edited by onmyhustle247 on Mar 22, 2018, 11:13:52 AM
"
onmyhustle247 wrote:
EDIT:: i tried taking off all sources of ele damage and it still happens around 10% of the time? Really looking forward to Mark's take on this. Thanks again

Make your characters public in your forum profile and I will tell you what's causing it. This is 100% something on your side.
"
onmyhustle247 wrote:
Made my profile public, thanks for the help!

...you have Added Fire Damage linked to the totem and you are running Herald of Ash. This fire damage can ignite, and kills by the ignite get attributed to you, thus trigger Death's Oath effect.

You also have Chance to Bleed, which is yet another source of DoT by the totem.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 22, 2018, 10:55:49 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
onmyhustle247 wrote:
Made my profile public, thanks for the help!

...you have Added Fire Damage linked to the totem and you are running Herald of Ash. This fire damage can ignite, and kills by the ignite get attributed to you, thus trigger Death's Oath effect.

You also have Chance to Bleed, which is yet another source of DoT by the totem.

I took all sources of ele damage off and heralds, but yes your right it was probably chance to bleed!!!! thankyou
Is it possible, that if you play in party with PA allocated, that a drop of a divination card is open for all to pick up ?

Following Situation (in league): I played a map, Zana apeared. I called my friend (we was in Party becasue before we was doing dailys together), and we stated the Zana map. When i opend a box, a Divination Card droped and i took it at once. Now my friend said, that the card was open to pick up for him too.
I thought with PA this could not happen for div cards that this are open for all...
Or is this handled at Zana maps or from boxes different ?

Hint: this happens at a time, where the bug that Zana quest (masters) was fullfilled if you killed the Boss of the map (i ask now here because first i wrote Support the question, and tzhe answer was that i should ask here)

Sorry for my bad english, but i think you understand waht i want to ask/say
Hi Mark. my question is the following:

Is Frost Blades considered a 'Projectile attack skill'?

For example,will Yriel's Fostering,Exquisite Leather, mod 'Projectile attack skills have X% critical strike chance' affect Frost Blades melee damage part?

I'm 99% sure the answer is positive,I just want a confirmation from Devs.

Thank you.
Last edited by Rameldria on Mar 23, 2018, 4:01:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info