Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello GGG,

as totems can proc Elemental Equilibrium I thought that Noxious Strike "increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted recently" should work with totems as well.

I tested it with ranged attack - totem barrage and it seems that it does not work.

I was wondering if this is intended or maybe a bug?

Best Greetings

Linqin
"
Hi Mark. my question is the following:

Is Frost Blades considered a 'Projectile attack skill'?

For example,will Yriel's Fostering,Exquisite Leather, mod 'Projectile attack skills have X% critical strike chance' affect Frost Blades melee damage part?

I'm 99% sure the answer is positive,I just want a confirmation from Devs.

Thank you.

Yes, this is actually one of the rare cases where gem tags are actually mechanically useful. "(type) skills" refers specifically to skills which have that tag. Frost Blades has the Projectile tag, thus it is, as a skill, affected by this modifier. All parts of the skill, including the melee portion, gain the increased critical chance.

Even for a skill like Wild Strike, which does all sorts of things, all components will be affected, because it has among many others the Projectile tag.

Note that the other modifier ("Projectiles from Attacks have 20% chance to inflict Bleeding on Hit") only works with the actual projectiles, not with the melee hit, as it is worded slightly differently.

"
Caosz wrote:
Hello GGG,

as totems can proc Elemental Equilibrium I thought that Noxious Strike "increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted recently" should work with totems as well.

I tested it with ranged attack - totem barrage and it seems that it does not work.

Best Greetings

Linqin

You have to actually inflict the poison (you have the modifier, your totems do not), but as totems use your skills with your modifiers, totem skills will have the increased poison duration for each poison that you have inflicted recently.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 23, 2018, 8:21:19 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Is "Never deal Critical Strikes" from Geofri's Devotion local or global?

Wording/rule of thumb implies local; Path of Building says global.

For anyone else wondering about this: I got the hammer and tested in-game. It's global.

For f***s sake, GGG, make your descriptions consistent. Or at least add a "local"/"global" tag to advanced mod descriptions.

T_T
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 23, 2018, 11:11:09 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

"
Caosz wrote:
Hello GGG,

Best Greetings

Linqin

You have to actually inflict the poison (you have the modifier, your totems do not), but as totems use your skills with your modifiers, totem skills will have the increased poison duration for each poison that you have inflicted recently.

If this is indeed intended I think the wording should be adjusted. Elemental Equilibrium is also a modifier but it also apply to your totems. "Totems use the player's own skills as though the player had cast them"(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ranged_Attack_Totem_Support).
Last edited by Caosz on Mar 23, 2018, 3:52:22 PM
"
Caosz wrote:
If this is indeed intended I think the wording should be adjusted. Elemental Equilibrium is also a modifier but it also apply to your totems. "Totems use the player's own skills as though the player had cast them"(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ranged_Attack_Totem_Support).

Elemental Equilibrium does something completely different though. It modifies the stats (resistances) of the target of the skill. It does not matter whether the skill was cast by you or by a totem, it only affects the target.

There are not really any parallels between the two passives, I am not sure why you think they should work similarly.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 23, 2018, 8:31:42 PM
Hi!

How crafting an aspect skill onto an item actually works? For example I have already rolled rare item - will it reroll the mods? Or it will check for free space (suffix/prefix) and tell me about it? And if I try it on the white item - will it just add 1 single mode - grants aspect?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
Hi!

I'd like to know, how exactly shockeffect interacts with the elementalist's node beacon of ruin. A successfull shock will always cause the target to take at least 20% increased damage. Does that mean that with 150% increased shockeffect you will always reach the hardcap of 50% increased damage taken on the target (0.2% increased dmg taken / 1% inc shock effect)?

Thx in advance!
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Mar 24, 2018, 7:27:55 AM
Quick question regarding the "Ricochet" node in the Deadeye ascendancy.

I saw a post form Mark_GGG stating "They never use their chains, so they always have them remaining." on the sub reddit, does this apply to projectiles that cannot chain, Molten Strike projectiles for example?

thanks
"
Overdrive187 wrote:
I saw a post form Mark_GGG stating "They never use their chains, so they always have them remaining." on the sub reddit, does this apply to projectiles that cannot chain, Molten Strike projectiles for example?

Well, yes - that's the question he was answering.

"
lawind wrote:
What about 100% piercing projectiles and molten strike's ball?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
They never use their chains, so they always have them remaining.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

Well, yes - that's the question he was answering.

Thank you, the link I had to his comment didn't have the original question that was asked, and i couldn't find if that was specifically what they were asking about. I assumed that's what it was in reference to, but i wanted to be 100 percent sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info