Mechanical Questions Thread

I have a question about Cospri's Will and the chance to poison. Does the effect from the armour work additive to other poison chances?

For example attacking a cursed enemy with Viper Strike, does it work like
1) 60% chance to poison on hit (from the skill), if the roll is negative another 60% chance to poison a cursed enemy from the item,

OR

2) 60% + 60% = allways poison a cursed enemy.
Last edited by Labarna on Mar 24, 2018, 4:21:22 PM
"
Labarna wrote:
I have a question about Cospri's Will and the chance to poison. Does the effect from the armour work additive to other poison chances?

For example attacking a cursed enemy with Viper Strike, does it work like
1) 60% chance to poison on hit (from the skill), if the roll is negative another 60% chance to poison a cursed enemy from the item,

OR

2) 60% + 60% = allways poison a cursed enemy.

Case 2. You will always poison a cursed enemy.
Question about Ascendant-Trickster node. I'm playing a Frostbolt Miner, and wanted to know if the recovery increase works if my mines do the killing. Also, would my mines get the extra chaos damage?
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
I have made a Flicker Strike build, that relies on Red Trail, using the Golen Rule Gem, a weapon with chance to bleed and the Lycosidae. Flicker Strike is supported by: Multistrike Support, Added Lightning Damage Support, Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Increased Critical Damage Support and Ancestral Call Support/ Ruthless Support.

With this Setup I should be able to get at least 3 Frenzy charges per Attack, since 1 Attack should equal 3 hits. This works really well when running maps, but there seems to be an issue while attacking a single target.

If I attack a boss, I never get past 1-3 frenzy charges, while bleeding and attacking. Though I should get 3 per attack, unless an attack would be blocked, which can't be the case for most bosses. Of course Flicker Strike consumes 1 charge every attack, but that would still result in 2 charges gained per attack (cause of Multistrike), which doesn't work at all on bosses and sometimes I even run out on charges, while bleeding.

I don't understand what is causing this, or if this is intended. I hope you can help me with this issue.

Will link my profile below, character name with the build is: "Lunar_Lucy"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LunarLucy/characters
I cant play sniper with semi in both. I mean play bow and melee (My main char is shadow) because when i change weapon with (X) the skill in right and left mouse not change too. Can u fix that i think it is a great with some new gem support for that trick, other in Diablo 2 the basic game when change weapon skill change too.
Last edited by datalight0 on Mar 26, 2018, 8:37:15 AM
Let's say I want to run an iir gem on an essence drain build, as far as my research go I know, that it only applies if the skill, that I linked to it is the first degen to affect the mob, 2 degen applied at the same time means the stronger takes priority, now there comes some stuff I would want to know.

#1 refreshing degen effect

Let's say the boss is at 10% life and I recast contagion, then ED, would it only exted the duration or remove the old instance and apply new one?

#2 spreading

If contagion spreads ED degen to other mobs in a pack, would it mean they are applied at the same time or would contagion be applied first?
Last edited by krenderke on Mar 26, 2018, 10:51:26 AM
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Slowing enemies in the game, but the wiki doesn't seem to have the correct information. I'm curious if you could clarify something for me.

1. There are two forms of slow (as of 3.2), Temporal Chains (capped at 75% slow effect) and Chill (capped at 30%). They can stack, correct?

2. To go along with that, the wiki says that a creature can't be slowed beyond their base value. Is that true? The reference to that comment on the site is for questions regarding Unstoppable. I didn't see any reference to enemies, only those characters with the Unstoppable node selected. It doesn't seem to make sense that an enemy can't be slowed below base value otherwise they couldn't be frozen.

Thanks for your time!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
1. how does unholy might and similiar effects work with damage conversion?
(lets say wildstrike 100% + unholy might =?)

2. how is the damage with 85% converted fire damage + "added fire damage support" calculated AND how does any x% physical compare to x% elemental damage in that scenario?

How does Far Shot calculate its Distance?

I'm personally interested in how Molten Strike works with it.
I've asked the question a few places, but I don't really get answers I'd consider conclusive.
There is no information in the game, or the Wiki that clearly indicates how this would work with regards to Molten Strike.

The projectiles from Molten strike travel in an arc.
The wiki states that projectiles distances is based upon their travel distance.

This means the arc may contribute to the distance traveled, most people think that it does not, however I see nothing which gives a definitive answer either way.

Further more, what is the Maximum distance for Far Shot, at what distance does it provide the 30% more value?
Last edited by PassivePicasso on Mar 26, 2018, 3:00:16 PM
Hiya, My question is do molten strike projectiles always crit when the melee hit crits.

Main example is disemboweling, will the projectiles effectively gain crit chance because the initial hit crits. Just crit chance I understand that the crit multi will not work.

tyty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info