Inevitable Judgment penetrates your own resistance on reflect

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Reflected damage is never a crit so if Inevitable Judgement is ignoring your resists then that's a bug.

Inevitable Judgement penetrating your resistances because you hit yourself non-critically is the correct behavior though.

If Inevitable Judgement's resistance-ignoring stat applied to non-critical hits then all your hits would ignore your resistances when reflected instead of penetrating them.

Edit: I misread this initially, so I've clarified which parts of the node I was talking about.

Hi Dan,

Can we over cap our resistancess to counter this? ie. having 85% (75%), will that reduce the reflect damage to normal? or will I be treated as if I have 65% resistances.

Thank you!
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Reflected damage is never a crit so if Inevitable Judgement is ignoring your resists then that's a bug.

Inevitable Judgement penetrating your resistances because you hit yourself non-critically is the correct behavior though.

If Inevitable Judgement's resistance-ignoring stat applied to non-critical hits then all your hits would ignore your resistances when reflected instead of penetrating them.

Edit: I misread this initially, so I've clarified which parts of the node I was talking about.

Thank you for confirming exactly what I said.

My hit with penetration property reflected back to me WILL INDEED ignore MY OWN resist. All the naysayers that's quoting wiki saying the whole "reflect damagaway lose all properties and will never penetrate your own resist" bs can go away now.

This also explains why it's almost impossible for me to run reflect map anymore with inquisitor on my discharger now. I used to be able to swap in warlord's curse on blasphemy + my life leech in 6L and breeze thru elemental reflect maps and now I can't as soon as I picked up all my ascendancy points.

So it looks like the 20% extra resistance ignore damage i dealt that also ignores my own resist when it comes back doubled up on the damage I take compare to before on top of the increased damage reflected back to me when I crit.

I guess I will just have to ignore ele reflect maps to be safe now.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 14, 2016, 3:01:26 PM
"
FlyingBurger wrote:

Hi Dan,

Can we over cap our resistancess to counter this? ie. having 85% (75%), will that reduce the reflect damage to normal? or will I be treated as if I have 65% resistances.

Thank you!

Resistance penetration will ignore the overcapped portion of your resists and only look at your effective resists.

Basically lets say YOU have 75% Resistance cap, with 85 resistance, the reflected damage will ignore 20% of your resist so no matter how high your resists are over the cap the penetration will still hit you as if you only have 55% resist since your EFFECTIVE resist is only as high as your CAP, and resistance penetration takes away that xx% from your effective resist which is only 75... even if you have 200 resist across the board with 75% cap you will still get hit as if you only have 55% resist by a 20% penetration reflected damage.

You have no way around this unless you raise your resist hardcap.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

My hit with penetration property reflected back to me WILL INDEED ignore MY OWN resist.

He said it wont ignore your resists and that if it is then its a bug. When you hit yourself non critically your hit will penetrate 10% of your own resistance not ignore your resistance completely. We are still waiting on clarification as to if that means reflect damage or some other way in which you can hit yourself becase until 2.2 reflect has never applied on hit effects.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
chrisstian5 wrote:
Another question, does the reflected cold damage cause you to have the chilled effect on you if the duration is greater than 300ms?
No. Reflected damage cannot (currently) apply any on-hit effects.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Binksies wrote:
1. With the introduction of Forsaken Masters, Catarina offers a mod that does the following: "1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life." I know a regular life leech gem will not work since the ignite isn't the actual hit, but how about a 'global' fire life leech like this mod or the one found on Doryani's Invitation?
Leech is an on-hit affect. Degen does not hit, so it cannot apply.
"
Binksies wrote:
2. When you have a x/20 Elemental Proliferation linked up to your skill that applies ignite, you gain 15% increased burn duration. This will leave you with a 4.6 second ignite. The wiki states your ignite does .2 of the original hit EVERY SECOND. Do I gain an additional tick that does 12% of the intial damage? Do I gain no additional damage at all unless I reach 5, 6 or 7 seconds? In other words, how does increased burn duration affect my ignite damage?
"X damage per second" does not mean it waits a second and them does some damage - it's a rate at which damage is constantly dealt over the time. Just like how a car moving at "100km per hour" doesn't stay still for an hour and then teleport forwards 100km. The damage is constantly dealt over the whole time. The increase applies to the rate: just like if you increased the car's speed by 10%, and it's now smoothly moving at 100km/h, increasing the rate of damage over time applies the same way.
"
Binksies wrote:
3. Does the notable Heart of the Flame's fire penetration affect ignite damage?
No. Penetration is an on-hit effect, it cannot apply to damage over time. It can apply to a hit which causes an ignite, which means the base ignite damage would be larger.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Mar 14, 2016, 3:06:08 PM
"
Zvim wrote:

[...]

Wishful thinking. You are the enemy for reflected damage, it just copies the properties and a portion of the damage.

Otherwise, you shouldn't be subject to reflect damage from any ability which uses 'the enemy' in it's description, like Spark: "Launches unpredictable sparks that move randomly until they hit an enemy or expire."

No No No

Reflect never just copied the properties of the dmg. And still won't do it e.g. you cant shock yourself or if you use an elemental penetration support gem still won't penetrate your own resistance.

And whats that with spark thats not even closely related to the discussion its a completly different mechanic. Spark on Enemy. Enemy then reflects. Then your IJ passive comes into play and apparently reduces your elemental resistance by 10% for that reflect hit.

And this is totally inconsistent with everything so far.

Also with 75 res 4 % Leech from LL and Warlord's Mark is not enough.

@Pewzor how much ele reflect arent you able to run?
13 15 18 ?

And how do you derive the 20% Penetration instead of only 10% as the IJ passive says?
Last edited by Ironmonster on Mar 14, 2016, 3:03:49 PM
"
Dethklok wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

My hit with penetration property reflected back to me WILL INDEED ignore MY OWN resist.

He said it wont ignore your resists and that if it is then its a bug. When you hit yourself non critically your hit will penetrate 10% of your own resistance not ignore your resistance completely.

I said the penetration on my own attack reflected back to me will carry that penetration characteristic and penetrate my own resist... which people in this thread are arguing that should never happen reflected damage will never penetrate which is wrong.

So the reflected damage WILL penetrate my own resists correct? right... thanks for confirming again.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:

"
Pewzor wrote:

I said the penetration on my own attack reflected back to me will carry that penetration characteristic and penetrate my own resist

No you didnt you said the reflect would ignore your resists now your saying penetrate. Also re read my edited post to see quotes from mark in the past saying reflect dosnt carry on hit effects.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
so basically, all the new penetration passives and enchants are a trap, or perhaps, only for non-crit low damage or trap/totem/mine builds
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ironmonster wrote:

@Pewzor how much ele reflect arent you able to run?
13 15 18 ?

And how do you derive the 20% Penetration instead of only 10% as the IJ passive says?

I won't even touch 18%, and even 13% is scary if I miss a rare with reflect which you cant really see when you spinning to win.

It's 10% ignored I used 20% as an example to explain penetration vs overcapped resist now necessary talking about IJ.

Also I said the damage I take "doubled up" because the 10% penetration wasn't there before, so on a noncrit I will be penetrating enemy resist by 10% extra which result in higher damage reflected back, which then will again ignore my own resist by 10% as well.

Also IJ crit could have a bug where it's ignoring resist as well. I just noticed this issue because Warlord + LL gem I was able to spin thru everything and never threaten my own life. Now it's so scary that I might need to come up with even more life leech if I want to do high reflect maps.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 14, 2016, 3:17:33 PM
"
Dethklok wrote:

No you didnt you said the reflect would ignore your resists now your saying penetrate. Also re read my edited post to see quotes from mark in the past saying reflect dosnt carry on hit effects.

I said the attacks penetration and ignore carries over which you said they never do and was laughably wrong.

Also here's my post back in Feburary reporting this issue before even ascendancy was released.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594297

You should go back and edit some more of your "reflected damage lose all properties bs" tho.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info