Inevitable Judgment penetrates your own resistance on reflect

You deal 100 damage to a mob that got 50% resist it will reflect 50 damage back at you. If you damage that mob when you have a passive that make it's resistance zero then you'll get hit by 100 damage.
(not counting in your resistance btw)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Mar 13, 2016, 6:27:38 AM
Im not sure I buy this penetrating your own resistance stuff, any dev wish to comment on it?

Maybe its true but I think it far more likely ur just doing way more damage than usual because of mob resist and thats coming back at you.

You can play reflect maps any more? Oh poor you, welcome to the world most high damage builds live in. You see me running phys reflect maps with mirrored dagger physical crit builds? No. Roll over it or roll another subclass.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Im not sure I buy this penetrating your own resistance stuff, any dev wish to comment on it?

Maybe its true but I think it far more likely ur just doing way more damage than usual because of mob resist and thats coming back at you.

You can play reflect maps any more? Oh poor you, welcome to the world most high damage builds live in. You see me running phys reflect maps with mirrored dagger physical crit builds? No. Roll over it or roll another subclass.

if you cant take your own reflect you probably don't have enough life leech.

All your stupid comments aside it's the same build focused instant leech with around 5.8 mill dps that could handle double reflect maps no problem but stopped working after I picked the stated ascendancy.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
It should be easy enough to check, hit reflect mob once, then pop resistance flask and turn on purity aura and hit it again. The reflected damage should be lower in the second case, as it was with penetration and reflect before Ascendancy.

And my 60% pen/triple curse templar couldn't run reflect maps even then, just cause damage is bonkers, I could almost oneshot myself on a reflect rare (with warlord's and topaz up). It's just when you combine crits and high pen reflect is naturally gonna be a huge problem.

Edit: Actually got a better test idea:
1. remove all resist gear
2. go into low tier reflect map with -60%
3. if on crit you take the same amount of damage as with overcapped res, then Judgement affects reflect damage
Last edited by PaperRat on Mar 13, 2016, 9:06:52 AM
"
Damage reflection causes a portion on the damage dealt to a target to also be taken by the attacker. Reflect cares about the damage taken after mitigation, not the amount of life removed.

You remove monsters mitigation you take more damage, it's pretty clear in the wiki. I guess OP just likes making low effort threads.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Reflect damage was and never will be good stat idea on monster.It is just another copy-paste mechanic from D2. Why I think so? Because its direct counter to high damage builds, where leaving them with no counter measure.

Its the same as creating mobs with "Monster have players defense statistic", meaning the better armor/es/eva/life/%life/any mitigtion source you have on yourself together with life regen, the harder the mob is to kill for you. Would work exactly the same as reflect damage with turns against you, your offensive statistic. Ofcourse nobody though about adding such stuff, because D2 didnt have such statistic.

Think about other stuff in this game (and not only this), there is tons of stats that shouldnt be here. Every statistic can be categorized into either defensive or offensive. Though to judge if some statistic is good, you should create reverse type of it to see how sensible it is.
If monsters have "defensive" checks, they should also have "offensive" checks and vice versa. Many games go into offensive checks, where POE go more into defensive ones. To have balanced play you need to go into both, not just one. Otherwise player will always create specific builds countering only this one "check type" and abuse the game.

I would gladly add to the game keystone "Immune to reflect damage. Monsters with reflect damage deal quad-damage".
Last edited by herflik on Mar 13, 2016, 12:56:20 PM
Reflect damage pre-dates D2 and was also used in TQ:IT. It's not a bad mechanism. It just pisses of the people who complain a lot.
Penetration Gem doesn't penetrate your res
Penetration from gear and passive doesn't penetrate your res

But suddenly, Ascendancy classes do ?

Sounds logic! :P
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

why is blatant miss-information allowed in GD?

Deal more damage = take more reflect

Who would have thought.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
rechecked in mirror map, your resistances arn't penetrated by the 10%, if it did my life bar would never overleech with 4% and mind over matter unspecced. On another note Rare Monsters might reflect more than 14%, the last entry in patch notes on the wiki regarding reflect values was from 1.2 so things might have changed since then. Well, that is the end of that i guess.

Only human, I make mistakes, but you guys could've helped recheck instead of posting comments that don't help. I know penetration has been around, but the node could've been bugged, which was what I was concerned about. The good thing is, it is not.
Last edited by SIQI on Mar 13, 2016, 2:17:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info