Inevitable Judgment penetrates your own resistance on reflect

LOLOLOL. My friend was telling me why he dies even more with Ascendancy buffs as an inquisitor lolol.
Yeah, I was noticing reflect hurt my inquisitor a lot more than I expected after the second set of points... not quite sure how players are meant to counter the interaction of reflect and inquisitor powers. You can't stop doing crits suddenly, and it'll make ele reflect maps completely unplayable (as against "challenging") for inquisitors.
At least with thorns you could kite until it elapsed, reflect packs you could separate, but this...
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
That's funny. But I doubt that it is setting your own resistance to 0. You are hitting a lot harder than you are used to.

Simple fact is you are able to add another gem to your main skill instead of using penetration and whatever elemental curse, which also allows you to run assassins mark for harder crits.

To run reflect maps you'll have to gimp your damage, put in life leech, added chaos damage, run the relevant purity, take off your heralds/wrath/anger if you need.

Or go beast mode and 1 shot yourself for lols.
"
BoatRam wrote:
That's funny. But I doubt that it is setting your own resistance to 0. You are hitting a lot harder than you are used to.

Simple fact is you are able to add another gem to your main skill instead of using penetration and whatever elemental curse, which also allows you to run assassins mark for harder crits.

To run reflect maps you'll have to gimp your damage, put in life leech, added chaos damage, run the relevant purity, take off your heralds/wrath/anger if you need.

Or go beast mode and 1 shot yourself for lols.

No it is not 0 resistance. reflect dmg is not counted as a crit, but what happens is tho the 10% penetration does apply, it is just dumb as sh.. for mapping gameplay...

Edit:
btw if 10% doesn't sound like alot... think about it like this. if you are at say 75 res. that 10% is going to mean you are playing maps under a "you take 40% MORE damage from elemental reflect mod" every single map.

If you are playing a build with high damage per use, it can be very easy to get yourself killed on reflect, if it is a dps type thru cast speed oriented build, then you've got room for vessel popping/etc. Either way, i don't think I will find myself mapping as an inquisitor very often anymore without a guardian stacked up on purities..
Last edited by SIQI on Mar 12, 2016, 11:02:49 PM
Nah, it doesn't set your resistances to 0%.

If you want to know the reflceted damage:

Take the top end damage of your sill
Multiply it with your crit multi
Divide it by 100
Multiply it 1-(Your_resistance/100)

You going to wonder how much this is :P
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I am all curious whether this is actually intended. If it is, that would be another Ascendancy class rendered mediocre.
Like I have posted on this issue before, was before ascendancy release...

On reflect all the characteristics of YOUR attacks carries over and COMES BACK AT YOU. This means if your attack has 20 resistance penetration the reflected damage will also penetrates 20% of your resistances. Same for the resistance ignore, when your attack crits let's say it does 50,000 elemental damage which is an underestimate for endgame character on a critical hit, this 50,000 damage will hit the reflect mob and lets assume the mob reflect 12% of elemental damage which means 6000 raw damage will get reflected back to you and your resistance will not come into play at all. So unless you have at least 6k ES/Life or some kind of mitigation like fortify you will die instantly from your own attack.

My coc discharge inquisitor can no longer do elemental reflect maps and that's with 2% life leech with acuity... the second my discharge goes off on a pack that crits I die.

Again I've mentioned this last month already... but apparently most people here has no fucking clue how reflect works in poe... and argued with me and say crap like "naaa that won't be the case". Oh the ignorance...

Sad days.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 13, 2016, 4:14:57 AM
Inq went from one of the best sub classes for ele casters to just unplayable.

It kind of makes sense if you considered using lion's eyes glare means you cant evade your own attacks. I'm just shocked its the same case for elemental resistance ignore.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 13, 2016, 4:56:22 AM
"
On reflect all the characteristics of YOUR attacks carries over and COMES BACK AT YOU. This means if your attack has 20 resistance penetration the reflected damage will also penetrates 20% of your resistances.

I am pretty sure this isn't true. On reflect only a few characteristics of your spells/attacks carry over, most actually do not.
And penetration is one of the characteristics that don't carry over. You can test this using any penetration gem. The damage you take will be higher(because you are doing more damage), but it won't be vastly higher. Against a high level penetration gem, you should in theory be taking more than double reflect damage if penetration actually carries over.

That said, Inevitable Judgement might somehow be carrying it over.
As an elemental bow user I am not killing myself any faster than I did before which is strange considering how much my damage improved with the resistance removal. Then again, I always ALWAYS reroll elemental reflect maps so I never have to deal with them.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 13, 2016, 6:00:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info