Inevitable Judgment penetrates your own resistance on reflect

"
Totems are just too strong TBH.

Or any other type of builds that does not require to dirty your own hands. Though, this topic relating to one of the Templar's ascendancy tree, totem is the obvious choice to add even more deeps without any repercussion.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

[...]
Inevitable Judgement penetrating your resistances because you hit yourself non-critically is the correct behavior though.
[...]

"
Non-Critical Strikes Penetrate 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances

yourself != Enemy ?

Can you further elaborate why this is the correct behavior ?

Also from a Game Mechanic standpoint this does not make sense.

Yes Reflect is dangerous and should not be trivially dealt with.
But with some Investment like Life Leech gem and Vaal Pact passive its "managable".

Please tell me there's an Issue so far none of the Ascendencies had any hidden drawbacks built in.

If this Acendency passive really works that way self-cast Inquisitors are suddenly way worse and 100% not HC viable.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Totems are just too strong TBH.

Or any other type of builds that does not require to dirty your own hands. Though, this topic relating to one of the Templar's ascendancy tree, totem is the obvious choice to add even more deeps without any repercussion.

It's sad to be honest.

With this rather silly mechanic for the Inquisitor, I honestly don't think the Templar as a class is a strong choice.

It's almost comical how subpar the class is compared to even the Scion.
"
Pewzor wrote:

if you cant take your own reflect you probably don't have enough life leech.

All your stupid comments aside it's the same build focused instant leech with around 5.8 mill dps that could handle double reflect maps no problem but stopped working after I picked the stated ascendancy.

leech is applied before reflect damage, so eventually if you do enough damage you will 1 shot yourself, doesnt matter if you have 100,000,000,000% life leech.

The fact you are a rude idiot aside I dont give a fuck about your stupid build. People in my guild are running inquis builds with 250k dps and dont worry at all about reflect mobs, they kill bosses in seconds or less, and they deal with reflect maps using a chaos orb. You were doing 5.8 million dps and you decided to chose an offense based ascendancy that doubles or triples the effect damage you are doing and now you cant do reflect maps.... right, so wheres the problem? Either chose a different subclass or dont do reflect maps like most high damage builds dont do reflect maps.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 14, 2016, 6:48:07 AM
And what about Lava Lash then? Was the supposedly so buff of the node in fact stealth nerf since survivability issues will arise when taking this node???
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Running a lvl 97 Sparker with around 140k dps with all charges up - with vaal pact i survive reflect just fine. Besides -max maps there is no problem at all, are you guys sure it behaves that way?
IGN OneMonthHC: Twohundred
"
Donodan wrote:
Running a lvl 97 Sparker with around 140k dps with all charges up - with vaal pact i survive reflect just fine. Besides -max maps there is no problem at all, are you guys sure it behaves that way?

We are not 100% sure.
In my experience so far reflect is as "bad" as it used to be if you have high dps and i cant really tell a difference.

But there are many people telling otherwise and also Dan_GGG saying that with IJ you get penetrated by 10% = lowering your max lightning res by 10% for reflects.

You are using spark and reflect isnt an aura anymore so some projectiles hit the reflect mob while other can go leech. This could explain why you are able to sustain even only with ~82% Lightning res.

On 20 % reflect you should still take 3.6 - 2 = 1.6 dmg for every 100 dmg you do.

Since you use Vinctars with VP and around half your dmg is lightning you leech 10 dmg for every 100 dmg dealt which is way more than you get damaged.

If IJ penetrates for 10 % you would take 4.4 - 2 = 2.4 dmg for every 100 dmg you do.

This is 50% more dmg you would take from reflect but still enough to survive with Vinctars.
Last edited by Ironmonster on Mar 14, 2016, 10:18:36 AM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Inevitable Judgement penetrating your resistances because you hit yourself non-critically is the correct behavior though.

thats totally strange. Ive been living in the world where reflect does not carry any of hit properties, with some exceptions like players accuracy

strangely enough, unlike penetration gems, Inquisitor passive specifically mentions "enemy" resistance

does penetration from gem/tree also penetrate players resists? if not, why not? if not, why Inq passive does?

this is the biggest confusion for me since the moment I consider myself to understand most of the game mechanics
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 14, 2016, 11:41:52 AM
The mechanics was quite explained by SIQI on page 3.

However following the explanation of his, I'm still very leaning towards the explanation that even Lava Lash has same problem - since the weapon (or its sub-category) will be tagged with the reflected dmg.

Am I correct?

To me this makes not much a logic - since the penetration basically does more dmg to monster which is then reflected which then again does more dmg to you due to penetration again. The penetration spreads like a virus and it's not a good way of design.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Mar 14, 2016, 12:20:18 PM
"
Ironmonster wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

[...]
[...]

"
Non-Critical Strikes Penetrate 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances

yourself != Enemy ?

Can you further elaborate why this is the correct behavior ?

Also from a Game Mechanic standpoint this does not make sense.

Yes Reflect is dangerous and should not be trivially dealt with.
But with some Investment like Life Leech gem and Vaal Pact passive its "managable".

Please tell me there's an Issue so far none of the Ascendencies had any hidden drawbacks built in.

If this Acendency passive really works that way self-cast Inquisitors are suddenly way worse and 100% not HC viable.

Wishful thinking. You are the enemy for reflected damage, it just copies the properties and a portion of the damage.

Otherwise, you shouldn't be subject to reflect damage from any ability which uses 'the enemy' in it's description, like Spark: "Launches unpredictable sparks that move randomly until they hit an enemy or expire."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info