(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

amazing build! much stronger than my blender duelist. i'm really enjoying it.

"
EDIT: After comparing your gear to mine, I am wondering how you deal ~300k dps more than me. Note, that I have no quality gems. My Meginord's is 5-15 physical damage, my Facebreakers are 757%, and my jewelry is sub-optimal. But other than that we have almost the same gear.

i was wondering about that too. with 950% facebreaker and legacy meginords i reach 176k dps with auras + blood rage + atziri flask as lv90 char. where does the additional dps come from?!
When you're not rich enough for a 6L chest but only a 5l, what gem to drop ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
raidenmf wrote:
a few asked if it could be setup for crit so was talking to them a few posts higher as they seem to be overlooking the claw part of the amulet.

dps on crit is insane but at same extremely glass cannon and 1shot on reflects constantly as a friend is trying to do crit facebreakers and tbh it seems like its just not needed overall as even before he switched to crit facebreakers he was clearing fine.

Ah I think I forgot that the tree I posted for claws was private an for a friend, and didn't make it to the thread! Yea I like the potential of this build, but it will be a challenge to build it in a balanced way. I think that eva/dodge will be very spikey in damage taken, and dangerous for reflect. The build does so much damage as is, but it might be fun to explore when it comes to standard (legacy multi ammys, etc).

"
Piefekefer wrote:
I am currently running your build at level 75.

The AOE Burn ist really fun to play. I have 757% Facebreakers and i am currently at ~70k to ~80k dps due to the lack of t1 physical damage mods on my jewelry.

I feel like the 70k dps is enough to kill most white mobs on t5 maps with the burn. Although it sometimes takes a while to actually kill them, so i just cyclone through them as well sometimes.

Oh and Bosses and Exiles just die so fast even with my "low" dps for this build. :)

The Shield Charge feels good as well in this build.

my Rings and amulet
Spoiler

EDIT: After comparing your gear to mine, I am wondering how you deal ~300k dps more than me. Note, that I have no quality gems. My Meginord's is 5-15 physical damage, my Facebreakers are 757%, and my jewelry is sub-optimal. But other than that we have almost the same gear.

That's awesome that the build is working for you! 70k is definitely enough to get started, but once you move on to harder maps more dps will be needed so that the overkill damage 1 shots swiftly on it's own. I really like shield charge in this build too... it's no whirling blades but it really serves it's purpose in a reliable way here.

In terms of the gear... I can't really respond without you showing me your full setup. Mainly I think you are underestimating how big of a deal the flat phys damage is. A ring like this, for example, is 10-19 flat phys that you are missing:

Not having rolls on your jewelry is a lot like not wearing your abyssus. These rolls all combine to be basically the same as your raw pdps on a weapon, as if we were not unarmed.

Also, Given your level I am guessing you may not have 5 frenzy charges yet. I have all 21/20 gems, which makes a difference. The missing levels are relevant. Finally, min/max gg jewels are a big thing, here are mine:

"
amazing build! much stronger than my blender duelist. i'm really enjoying it.

i was wondering about that too. with 950% facebreaker and legacy meginords i reach 176k dps with auras + blood rage + atziri flask as lv90 char. where does the additional dps come from?!

Thanks for the feedback man! It's fun to see other's success with the build. Once again, I can't really answer about the dps difference without seeing all of your gear. See above response. Mostly, I spent forever min-maxing... and every phys roll is t1, all my jewels are 4x good mods, gems are all 21/20, etc. Can offer input if you post your setup fully.

"
When you're not rich enough for a 6L chest but only a 5l, what gem to drop ?

Fast attacks is the first thing to go. Losing conc effect or added fire is just too big of a dps loss!
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 6, 2016, 4:58:16 PM
How are you managing to use both hatred (50% mana reserved) and hatred + 3 support gems (58% of mana reserved)?
"
How are you managing to use both hatred (50% mana reserved) and hatred + 3 support gems (58% of mana reserved)?

Sovereignty aura nodes in tree get us there.
Hey,have you considered using belly of the beast instead carcass for more hp/defese? Is it worth in your opinion?
"
Kieds wrote:
Hey,have you considered using belly of the beast instead carcass for more hp/defese? Is it worth in your opinion?

I used belly for a long time before deciding to stick with carcass. On a non ele prolif version, I think belly or light coil easily wins. But since the aoe dmg and radius applies to both cyclone AND the herald's ele prolif, I find it to be very efficient (esp since they slightly nerfed tree nodes).

Given a choice between the belly and carcass, I'd pick carcass... since I opted to go all in on aoe with this build. Belly is a fine option though!
Thanks for your prompt answer.

Here is my current gear.
Spoiler

I totally missed the the jewels. Dont know how to link from tree on mobile, but i went for resists and a little damage. Now that i got the resist on the chest, i will go for damage in jewels. Thanks for posting your jewels. Now i know what i am looking for. :P

As you can see, i got a New ring. The DPS increased by 10k or so to ~80k. I guess the 20/20 gems add a lot as well.

Noob question, but isnt the gem level cap level 20?
Last edited by Piefekefer on Jan 7, 2016, 1:20:23 AM
thanks for the answer. i see you got really nice jewels and rings. also i dont have taste of hate and only max 4 frenzy charges. that might explain the huge difference in dps. my stuff:

Spoiler

using tabula rasa until i can make 6link on carcass.
"
Piefekefer wrote:

I totally missed the the jewels. Dont know how to link from tree on mobile, but i went for resists and a little damage. Now that i got the resist on the chest, i will go for damage in jewels. Thanks for posting your jewels. Now i know what i am looking for. :P

As you can see, i got a New ring. The DPS increased by 10k or so to ~80k. I guess the 20/20 gems add a lot as well.

Noob question, but isnt the gem level cap level 20?

In terms of the dps difference between finished build and where you are... I mean yea, you are missing possible damage on most every slot. Max flat phys everywhere, and picking up extra str when you can will help.

Gems cap at level 21 with the right vaal corruption- they are more expensive but on your dps 6L each of these will up your overall dps by 1% (give or take, depending on gem).

Here's the maxxed possible dps stats you are missing:
-Ammy: missing 16-26 phys damage
-Ring: missing 8-13 phys dmg on sorrow coil, and attack speed/str on both
-Boots: missing 50 str (this is 10 % melee dmg)
-Belt: missing 5-5 phys dmg
-Chest: missing 20 % area damage/more aoe
-Shield: missing 4-7 flat damage
-Gloves: missing 243% unarmed damage
-Gems: all can go up to level 21/20 quality (or 20/23, see my gems for optimal setup)
-Jewels: getting 4x GOOD mods is massive (see my jewels)
-Levels! You are missing a ton.
-Frenzy charges: if you don't have 5 this is a big loss.

Priority of upgrades for you (top to bottom):
-Get a neck with a t1 phys roll... yours is unusable for the build
-Replace sorrow coil with a ring that has t1 phys
-Get a flat physical roll on your shield (rare), or pick up great old one's ward
-Pick up 20/20 gems in your 6L

This will be fairly inexpensive, and result in a massive dps upgrade! Hope this helps.

"
thanks for the answer. i see you got really nice jewels and rings. also i dont have taste of hate and only max 4 frenzy charges. that might explain the huge difference in dps. my stuff:

using tabula rasa until i can make 6link on carcass.

Yep! You are right that the extra frenzy charge and taste of hate is a lot of dps. You can reference in OP for optimal min/max gear.

The difference in our dps comes from:
-All of my dps gems have 2-3 levels more than yours
-I have a frenzy charge you are missing
-46 % more unarmed damage on FB
-Str roll on boots (the 30 str I have = 6 % melee)
-Your ammy is not t1 phys
-My rings have more dps (iron base on one/speed on the other)
-I have a flat phys roll on my shield
-Taste of hate
-Most of your jewels are just 2x viable mods, where mine are 4x

Priorities in upgrades for you (in this order):
-Get a good rare shield (high armour) with a flat phys roll
-Get 20/20 gems in your 6L
-Get jewels with at least 3x good mods (you can often find these for like 10-25 c, I have lots for sale I think)
-Taste of hate

These upgrades shouldn't break the bank too bad, and should make a big difference!

I am selling many of these upgrades at (imo) fair prices (after alching 1000s of rings/ammys lol). If either of you guys are playing std and want me to look... let me know your general price range and I will link some facebreaker gear that might be a good fit.

:)
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 7, 2016, 8:26:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info