(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
maxor wrote:
What would you drop out of the your tree for crit though for the new unarmed talismans build.You have almost zero defensive passives as it is. I dont think theres much glass left in that cannon, you'd have to sack life (which as far as i can see is your only mitigation) or take out so many DPS passives that it would likey be a wash.

Would be really hard to go crit as duelist as you arent near most of the good crit nodes, also the defense comes from all those shield nodes, block and armor as well as life you pick up. (also with the new jewel you'd have to pick up claw nodes, which are also super far away from duelist)

Hey,

has anyone tried this build with Infernal Blow. I'd think the Prolif would be even higher due to higher single hits.
is this build capable of doing tier 10+ content with non-legacy gear (facebreakers)?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Last edited by feuerbach on Dec 26, 2015, 12:31:07 PM
"
feuerbach wrote:
is this build capable of doing tier 10+ content with non-legacy gear (facebreakers)?

Same question.

-Is 300k dps really required to one shot burn prolif mobs? What is baseline dps to do this at t10?
-Also, How do you mitigate physical reflect or the drawback of abyssus on high tier maps?
-Is a mana variant not possible or simply not optimal?
-Can this be run with something like a 6 link evasion chest or a 6 link coil if you dont have a carcass?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 27, 2015, 3:52:23 AM
Sorry to take so long in responding! I was traveling a lot over the holidays and didn't have the time to game. :)

I have been doing a lot of testing with mana versions, and it's really a great option. However, it's extremely demanding on gear, and you need to be fairly high level. In the end you lose 8 passives investing in mana, and need to use a niche elreon ring (need t1 phys for no dps loss here), but gain a free link. This link can be AoE/fortify/phys to lightning. I was able to get 760k dps with the phys to lightning when fully buffed, but it was overkill and made me vulnerable vs ele reflect. Once ascendency hits and we have perma fortify, I think that using this link for AoE gem will be the BiS setup for clear speed and playstyle.

Here is the mana-based version of the tree (also in OP now): poeurl.com/vmp

"
kyrion wrote:
Hey,

has anyone tried this build with Infernal Blow. I'd think the Prolif would be even higher due to higher single hits.

In my experience, while the single hits are strong, the skill is just way less single target dps, and forces you to stand in place to attack. Being able to move through mobs while dealing good dps with cyclone results in way better clearspeed, and is defense in itself (manual movement away from attacks, immunity to stun/freeze/knockback).

Ice crash is a fun alternate skill, and the one I have found most viable outside of cyclone.

"
feuerbach wrote:

Yes, definitely. 790% + facebreakers will do the trick just fine.

If you want I can swap to non legacy and make a video (and take screenshots), it won't look much different.

"
Nephalim wrote:

Same question.

-Is 300k dps really required to one shot burn prolif mobs? What is baseline dps to do this at t10?
-Also, How do you mitigate physical reflect or the drawback of abyssus on high tier maps?
-Is a mana variant not possible or simply not optimal?
-Can this be run with something like a 6 link evasion chest or a 6 link coil if you dont have a carcass?

Here's my thoughts on your questions:

-300k dps is definitely not required to one shot burn, but makes a difference on maps with enfeeble and other debuffs, and allows you to instagib bosses. It also makes the burn feel better when playing in groups. For t10 maps, I think that 150k dps should still 1 shot white mobs with the aoe from ele prolif.

-Flasks are very important against reflect for this build. We move fast enough that flasks should always be available before you engage a rare mob, so you just make a habit of hitting them for harder fights. Rumi's and your granite flask give you 75 % block/18k armour, which is enough along side your life leech, regen, and life flask. You can see me kill a reflect mob on a lvl 79 map with vulnerability if you look at the shipyard video in OP (early on).

-The mana variant is very possible. See above for the new tree. From my testing, it seems like this setup is by far the best clearspeed (gaining aoe gem), but forces you to drop some armour and block nodes in tree.

-I really like carcass in this build, but it can definitely be run with something else. You will def feel the loss of the extra aoe (impacts radius on both cyclone and ele prolif burn, so it's a big deal). For more defense I would recommend a light coil or high roll belly. For me I like to go all in on the aoe, and if I was going to take off carcass might even drop the ele prolif setup entirely and use the extra mana reserve for determination (better uber build, but I rather the clear speed).
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 2, 2016, 11:05:06 PM
Hello,

I currently leveled to 40 with this build. At that point I wanted to swap in all gems.
Sadly my mana jumped down to 3 or so. So no more dash, no Blood Rage and so on.

How can I sustain that mana reserve with those gems linked going down the tree you mentioned?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Ok, I guess I just need to get to 60 or so and get the reserve - nodes and all is good! :) So, I take out increased AOE till that point?

Last edited by Oxygene_PoE on Jan 5, 2016, 8:18:25 AM
those doing crit have overlooked the other parts of that amulet look at the claw nodes u can now get.

shadow would be a good option essentially build them as crit claw cyclone and switch to facebreakers + the amulet when u get both of them.
"
Oxygene_PoE wrote:
Hello,

I currently leveled to 40 with this build. At that point I wanted to swap in all gems.
Sadly my mana jumped down to 3 or so. So no more dash, no Blood Rage and so on.

How can I sustain that mana reserve with those gems linked going down the tree you mentioned?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Ok, I guess I just need to get to 60 or so and get the reserve - nodes and all is good! :) So, I take out increased AOE till that point?

Yep! The levels make a huge difference. Yea, I would say increased AoE is the first thing to go until you're high enough. Also, a 2nd elreon ring for leveling can help a lot too.

BM might be the best option for leveling so you can ignore these issues all together and still have the prolif setup in action!

"
raidenmf wrote:
those doing crit have overlooked the other parts of that amulet look at the claw nodes u can now get.

shadow would be a good option essentially build them as crit claw cyclone and switch to facebreakers + the amulet when u get both of them.

Indeed, Shadow or Scion are likely the best classes for a crit build. I'm not sure who you are referring to overlooking the claw component of the new ammy? The tree would be completely different than this build, and as you said would definitely include the optimal claw passives. The dps potential on it seems insane!

"
demopolos wrote:

Indeed, Shadow or Scion are likely the best classes for a crit build. I'm not sure who you are referring to overlooking the claw component of the new ammy? The tree would be completely different than this build, and as you said would definitely include the optimal claw passives. The dps potential on it seems insane!

a few asked if it could be setup for crit so was talking to them a few posts higher as they seem to be overlooking the claw part of the amulet.

dps on crit is insane but at same extremely glass cannon and 1shot on reflects constantly as a friend is trying to do crit facebreakers and tbh it seems like its just not needed overall as even before he switched to crit facebreakers he was clearing fine.
I am currently running your build at level 75.

The AOE Burn ist really fun to play. I have 757% Facebreakers and i am currently at ~70k to ~80k dps due to the lack of t1 physical damage mods on my jewelry.

I feel like the 70k dps is enough to kill most white mobs on t5 maps with the burn. Although it sometimes takes a while to actually kill them, so i just cyclone through them as well sometimes.

Oh and Bosses and Exiles just die so fast even with my "low" dps for this build. :)

The Shield Charge feels good as well in this build.

my Rings and amulet
Spoiler

EDIT: After comparing your gear to mine, I am wondering how you deal ~300k dps more than me. Note, that I have no quality gems. My Meginord's is 5-15 physical damage, my Facebreakers are 757%, and my jewelry is sub-optimal. But other than that we have almost the same gear.
Last edited by Piefekefer on Jan 6, 2016, 8:33:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info