(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

this build gonna be playable in new patch?
thx
"
ar3ik1049 wrote:
thx

No, Cyclone has been deleted from 2.1.
"
ar3ik1049 wrote:
thx

Yea the build will be totally fine. -10% cyclone damage will not affect the build in a truly noticeable way, and I think that the upcoming content will buff the build in other ways.

Some interesting options will be opening up... really excited for perma fortify in ascendency (from subclass), and I am curious to see how much the cost of cyclone is reduced, as I think it might be possible to drop blood magic from the 6L (elreon jewelry and some passives in tree) for a nice support gem.

Are You gonna put new skill tree for this build after launch or earlier?:>

Greetings
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx wrote:
Are You gonna put new skill tree for this build after launch or earlier?:>

Greetings

After spending some time with the new tree, there are no meaningful changes to pathing that are worth taking that I am seeing. The tree can be used as is, and will continue to work well. One tiny change that may be worthwhile depending on your love of AoE, is picking up one the missing 5% AoE node next to amplify (and dropping a 10 % melee node for it)... but this is just preference.

This all being said... the cost of cyclone being reduced is huge. I just took a look, and the cost at lvl 20 should be only 32 with the current links and dropping BM. This means that by using elreon jewelry and picking up a couple nodes (unrelenting for mana cost reduction/couple aura nodes/and a little mana leech), we can potentially run off mana and free up a link in 6L. This requires some testing to figure out the optimal setup, and finding the right gear jewelry for this is also a real challenge! Will let you guys know once I've played around with mana based version. I'm not sure that all of this passive investment would be worth the extra link.
Last edited by demopolos on Dec 9, 2015, 6:54:05 PM
Great build but i get screwed evrytime by reflect rares even i roll no reflect maps FeelsBadMan
y, me too :(
They finally fixed tooltip on cyclone, so DPS numbers are huge now. Updated OP with screens of new numbers... getting 475k cyclone with my flasks up on normal setup, and when I add epeen dps setup (lioneye flask and vaal haste), I hit 685k!

"
NxFx42 wrote:
Great build but i get screwed evrytime by reflect rares even i roll no reflect maps FeelsBadMan

Hmm... I haven't been having issues dying to reflect, but I am in the habit of hitting my flasks right before engaging any rare enemy. With rumi's up, you should not be dying to reflect. In the OP, you can see me kill a reflect mob on a lvl 79 map with vulnerability on it (right at the beginning of the Shipyard run video).
Last edited by demopolos on Dec 12, 2015, 12:51:26 AM
@demopolos good build mate

but why your not use herald of Ice ?

hatred 50 % / herald of Fire 25 % / herald of Ice 25 % = 0 Mana

Reckoning vs Blood Magic and you can Shield Charge without Mana

+ you no need to go up to templar and take the Mana Res Note no need it can use dmg note or life note.

more dps + more survive
IGN: _Arcbaby_
"
meloxx wrote:
@demopolos good build mate

but why your not use herald of Ice ?

hatred 50 % / herald of Fire 25 % / herald of Ice 25 % = 0 Mana

Reckoning vs Blood Magic and you can Shield Charge without Mana

+ you no need to go up to templar and take the Mana Res Note no need it can use dmg note or life note.

more dps + more survive

Hey man... the reason for each of these build choices is included the OP, but:

-I can't use herald of ice because my mana is almost completely reserved. You forgot to account for the support gems in your calculation. The ele prolif + added burn + AoE support gems on herald of ash make it reserve a TON of mana. You need the aura nodes to make this work. This setup is why you get huge aoe burn, and drastically improves mapping speed. You can run without this setup and use other auras (more single target dps we don't really need), and the build will be better for bosses, but way way slower mapping speed. If you watch the videos I posted, you'll notice that much more mobs are generally dying to the burn, than to me making actual contact with them via cyclone.

-Shield charge costs almost no mana, and I can spam it with the 40 ish I have available. There is no reason to pick up blood magic here. Reckoning is amazing, it 1 shots most things in big aoe, and since rumi is up it is proccing frequently (75% block). You get endurance charges every time this happens, so it's a major source of defense (I run immortal call).

If it's helpful you can check out the mechanics in action in the videos in the OP. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info