(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

My setup (granted, I am playing a Scion, but re-leveling as a Duelist right now in Talsman).
Spoiler

I am easily hitting 200K dps, which is more than enough. I do run Fortify instead of added fire in my 6 link, which is a very welcome defense boost.

For the Duelist, my goal is to eventually get 75/75 block (in Ascendancy), still maintain the Burn prolif (since it is awesome) and have a permanent Fortify up, while still getting 6k life and at least 200k dps.
I used to run Endurance charge on stun in my 6-link, and while having permanent 6 endurance charges up is fun, I now switched to 6 Frenzy charges, and the old saying "kill it before it can kill you" simply works better. But I cannot wait to try a 75/75 block build.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Last edited by xchokeholdx on Jan 14, 2016, 7:06:31 AM
"
xchokeholdx wrote:
My setup (granted, I am playing a Scion, but re-leveling as a Duelist right now in Talsman).
Spoiler

I am easily hitting 200K dps, which is more than enough. I do run Fortify instead of added fire in my 6 link, which is a very welcome defense boost.

For the Duelist, my goal is to eventually get 75/75 block (in Ascendancy), still maintain the Burn prolif (since it is awesome) and have a permanent Fortify up, while still getting 6k life and at least 200k dps.
I used to run Endurance charge on stun in my 6-link, and while having permanent 6 endurance charges up is fun, I now switched to 6 Frenzy charges, and the old saying "kill it before it can kill you" simply works better. But I cannot wait to try a 75/75 block build.

Hey man! Yep, 200k is more than enough for most content in game. Seems like the setup is working well for you. :)

Looking quickly at your gear... your easiest 2 upgrades are: 1)Foe Hold (get t1 phys roll), and 2) Tempest Ward (go for higher armour... much more important than the life here).

Indeed, this build will indeed get a sick buff in ascendency via perma fortify from subclass (freeing up a precious gem slot too).

In terms of going all out on block... I think it is cool but not necessarily efficient for the damage you give up. Even with current tree I have 75 block with rumi up, and it is up just about 100% of the time when i engage rare packs/bosses due to clear speed... so at a certain point block doesn't feel that meaningful in tree.

I really feel that it is a waste to put fortify in your 6L, simply because it works great on shield charge. You can still keep it up all the time, and you gain a ton more damage from added fire.

Even with endurance charge on stun only on reckoning/shield charge, I feel that I have my endurance charges up almost all the time! This does a good job imo, and is a very efficient 4L.

Hi Demo, thanks for the build!
I have been playing FB since quite a long time but couldn't find the right balance to really enjoy it. With your build, I finally found a really fun one!
I am usually more on the careful side, so I changed your tree a bit to get more endurance charges (6 atm), fewer frenzy (3) and no AOE/prolif on herald of ash.
But I may try to 100% follow your tree with my lvl90 duelist (would be my 3rd character that plays the build :)).

Here is my gear. Would you have upgrades/advices? I have a decent but not huge budget to upgrade it (around 10-15ex I would say).

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEhwSzBS0LYQz3Dc0S4RQgFHEaOBo-HM4nLytQLlMvzDIJMk41kjrhPC09_ECgR35N41BHWfNfP2LsZU1mVGebaGVo8mxGbpdvO3IPcmxyqXTtdn92rHfjeA15OXloeu97jHzZfuB-4oIHg1-ExITZhO-Mz4-ZkFWUb55Xns2iAKLqplepbqmVrKqsr62Nrj6vbK-ntfK2ir02vqfAGsBmwL_BBMGCxFjE9sauz37Tb9i92XzaweRR6dXqGO8O8B_yL_JB8kXynPPd9kj3Mve--Ov-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=hubdelafonk&characterName=DLF_BillyJoe
Last edited by hubdelafonk on Jan 18, 2016, 11:20:57 AM
Hi guys!

I've been playing around with both ice crash and infernal blow... and have found them to pretty solid. I will say that overall, I still prefer cyclone setup, as it has much much better single target dps than either of these options (vital on hard bosses). However, they are fun options to have, and are very fast and effective for lower maps.

Here's some gameplay I just recorded of each of these setups:

(2.1)76 Gorge fast run w/ Infernal Blow- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBMD3r9eocE
(2.1)77 Plateau w/ Ice Crash- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ptet9Vph8

I changed nothing at all in passive tree for these runs, just using regular mana based version of build, and switched up some colors.

Infernal blow links: infernal Blow - melee phys damage - multistrike - fast attacks - AoE - melee splash
Ice crash links: ice crash - melee phys dmg - hypothermia - aoe - added fire - faster attacks

"
hubdelafonk wrote:
Hi Demo, thanks for the build!
I have been playing FB since quite a long time but couldn't find the right balance to really enjoy it. With your build, I finally found a really fun one!
I am usually more on the careful side, so I changed your tree a bit to get more endurance charges (6 atm), fewer frenzy (3) and no AOE/prolif on herald of ash.
But I may try to 100% follow your tree with my lvl90 duelist (would be my 3rd character that plays the build :)).

Here is my gear. Would you have upgrades/advices? I have a decent but not huge budget to upgrade it (around 10-15ex I would say).

Awesome that it's been working out so well for you!

I have to say that I find the herald of ash aoe 4L to be really nice, but it is indeed a big investment in terms of reserve. For clear speed in general mapping, I think it's the way to go.

I was experimenting with more defensive versions of the build, and you can drop and and pick up determination if you add enlighten to the mix. You lose quite a bit of clear speed from the aoe loss, but the build is safer vs reflect, and more resilient vs phys in general. This is definitely the route to go for a character that is uber ready (with the addition of lightning coil, and moving a couple nodes around to increase defense).

Your gear is very solid with 1 glaring exception. You need a 6L! Definitely put all of your currency towards this. If you are willing to give the herald of ash - ele prolif - aoe - added burn 4L a try, you should shoot for a 6L carcass. Otherwise go for legacy lightning coil (#1 if you can make res work), or high roll belly of the beast.

Also, I can't see your jewels, which are pretty important to the build. Your next priorities after a 6L are to get all your jewels with 3x (or 4x) useful mods. After that, make sure all your gems are 20/20... and begin to buy 21/20 one at a time (for ones on your 6L).

Hope this helps! :)
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 20, 2016, 2:04:40 AM
Do you still need a -8 ring for IB and Ice crash?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
It was playing fine for me without the -8 ring with IB/IC. Though I would say I am OVER invested in mana nodes for either of those builds (cyclone is much more demanding). It seems like you could instead just use the elreon ring and drop 2 (or more?) mana nodes for a pretty efficient option.

I personally will not be using these skills all that much, as I think cyclone is stronger overall. I think they are both really fun options, and might be situationally faster clear speed for lower maps. The difference for me was very noticeable in boss fights on 79+ maps, and I really like the super deeps on cyclone for single target!
hi guys, what is better hatred or blasphemy + flammability on this character?, with the last one i dont need to take the aura nodes :P
"
hi guys, what is better hatred or blasphemy + flammability on this character?, with the last one i dont need to take the aura nodes :P

Flammability isn't a great fit as it only really works well for the ele prolif, making it inefficient. Our single target damage (cyclone itself) is a currently split between phys/cold/fire. Even dropping hatred, way too much of our dps is phys for flammability to make sense as an aura. For DPS vulnerability would be best. I could see making a very defense heavy build with enfeeble or something.

But.... I think running any phys based attack build without hatred (unless low dps/full tank build) is a mistake! It's just a very efficient way to scale physical dps, so I wouldn't want to give it up.
thx man, i will drop flammability then :D
Hi, thanks for sharing ur build.

It's a good build but im feel so squishy, sometimes im dying so fast, i'm really interested by more defensive build.

Other thing, i'm really dont understand how fortify and shield charge work, i feel this work 1 time on 10 ... sometimes just for fun i only shield charge mobs, and, nothing ... so strange.

Here my stuff at lvl 78 (200k+ dps full buff) :

Spoiler

I think its not a bad stuff.

If you have the time to make this build mode defensive, i take it with pleasure.

Btw, its really easy to leveling this build and work fine ATM, just need to be more defensive (for me), i know attack and big damage is like a defence, and maybe my level 78 is too low for see how the build shine.

Thanks demopolos =)

Last edited by Dod3KopF on Jan 23, 2016, 12:13:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info