(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
jcdraider wrote:
Thanks for the build, works great so far on the talisman leaque. Currently doing 152k without counting my flasks and a lot of my gems aren't even fully lvl'd or have quality yet. Only change I made to the tree was taking barbarism life cluster instead of the 2 armor and jewel slot for little more boost to life and tiny boost to resistance so I can run maps with elemental equilibrium and still remain capped.

My current gear:

You're welcome man- looking good for a new talisman character! Barbarism nodes are good if you need them to balance out your res. If you pick these up, it is DEFINITELY worth grabbing the adjacent jewel slot, as these are insanely efficient (with a 3 or 4x rare, or the 15 % AoE unique).

Dps is getting there, and you definitely have a lot more incoming from gem levels. You can always get some res on a jewel too if you need to balance things out.

"
Fetzi_at wrote:
Hi Demopolos!

Thx for your great guide! This build is working great ... an lucky me i rolled an 6L carcass yesterday without much effort :D

Passive (the only difference is ive taken rampart)

Gear:

Mostly i run inc aoe in cyclone setup due to warlords mark as passive. More enemies hit = more life and more burning.

For higher tier maps i switch the shield to
Verified
for the 5% more block, so im with tempest shield on about 55% blockchance.

small demonstration on clean t7 map https://youtu.be/i85Ax6e2hwo ... well ive recorded in fhd but youtube takes its time to scale :D

Clean dmg without charges and flasks
inc aoe: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4245/wbhuteno_jpg.htm
conc: http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4245/ppmla68c_jpg.htm

Grats on the carcass! I do love it on this build. Your gear is a very solid start. One thing I would strongly recommend, is to get a 40 % abyssus. You are taking 7 % more melee damage than you need to, which actually is quite a lot!

Some other thoughts/observations:

Rampart is alright in tree, but I don't think it will be worth it until we have perma fortify in ascendancy. Right now there are other options that feel more efficient due to the travel nodes to get to rampart.

I am not a huge fan of switching off the armour shield for more block, as you should be fairly close to 75 % with rumi's up... so all that extra block doesn't help when it's active (which it should be vs bosses and rares all the time).

I notice that you're not using shield charge in your video, which imo, is pretty bad. It greatly increases my clear speed, and gives a consistent way to proc fortify without taking a slot on 6L (and an ez way to refresh endurance charges). Increased AoE gem in 6L is fine for lower maps, but you need the big overkill damage on conc effect for high end mapping, in my experience. If you switch to mana version instead of BM, you can run conc effect AND aoe, which is pretty cool!

You will have much better dps by swapping faster attacks in for fortify in your 6L. You can just put fortify on shield charge.

Happy you're enjoying the build, man.

"
J0hn_L wrote:
This build is fun! With 15 Ex and a 6L I already owned I was able to reach 140k DPS and 4k health at level 70! 208k DPS / 63% damage reduction / stacked resists and (soon) max block!

Now if only I had a chest that would support Ice Crash and Infernal Blow! I need 2x more Carcass Jacks!

208k dps is great, and is overkill for most content in the game... so congrats! :)

I actually just have a belly with different colors that I swap on for infernal blow (which is infrequent)... as the AOE is already so big on this, I don't mind losing carcass here.

"
etoilee wrote:
Hi, Demopolos! I'm currently playing on Talisman with my 82 TS Ranger and I'm saving up currency to create a new toon with this build(getting bored with bow, just want to do an in-your-face brawler) so any advice on how much should I save up to have a decent toon?

I've just started and this is my 7th day of playing, currently I have 3 ex saved up. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance and based from what I've read, this is a really fun build to try. Can't wait!

With 3 ex, I think you can probably get started! That's great savings for how long you've been playing.

You really just need a tabula, some decent facebreakers, meginords, and an abyssus. You can slap on any old rare jewelry with a t1 phys roll, and balance out res temporarily in tree with nodes/jewels. There's a more detailed part of OP that has tips for budget gearing and leveling. The build is really OP for leveling with just meginords/facebreaker, so you won't have any issues early on, and maybe you get a lucky ex drop along the way. :)

Let me us know how it goes, and if you have any specific questions or anything you want feedback on.

Last edited by demopolos on Jan 31, 2016, 3:06:29 PM
Keep up the good work mate, gr8 guide :)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
Keep up the good work mate, gr8 guide :)

Thanks man!!!

Will be posting the CoC guide that you have helped me in thinking through over the next couple days. Appreciate all the collaborative brainstorming we've done. :)
Hello Demo, great guide. Following it up past 73 right now. Doing great damage and have tons of health.

I'm having a LOT of trouble on atziri. I die to spears in one to two shots. I have over 50% armor and 45% block chance. My damage is insane and I still am having a ton of trouble with her. Vaals are easy and so is trio if I do it correctly and don't run into the rain.

I'm sitting on around 35ex and wondering what I can pump into this build to make it even stronger (5k hp, more dps?)

My current stats are listed below

Health Pool: 4,488
Fire Resistance: 75/81
Cold Resistance: 75/102
Lightning Resistance: 75/97
Chaos Resistance: -48/-48

Block Chance: 41% without rumis/ 62% with rumis
Armor: 49% without rumis/ 64% with rumis

Damage sits around 108k without flasks and with flasks its 148k
My aoe is strong and prolif is amazing

My gear is listed below. I still have some qualiting to do on my shield and boots so that will upgrade them a tad bit.

My tree is listed below as well

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAdwEhwSzBS0LYRQgFewWbxcvGj4blx6UL8wxnjIJMk41kjwFPC09_ECgR35NRk3jUEdV1lhjWfNfP2LsZOdlTWaeZ5to8mxGbztyD3Jscql07XZ_d-N4DXk5eWh673zZfuB-4oCkg1-ExITZhO-Mz4-Zl3mZK55XogCmV6lurKqsr64-r2y18rkdvTa9gb6nwBrAZsC_wQTBgsT2xq7KkNi92sHjauRR7w7vfPAf9kj3MvrS_o8=
"
superjack010 wrote:
Hello Demo, great guide. Following it up past 73 right now. Doing great damage and have tons of health.

I'm having a LOT of trouble on atziri. I die to spears in one to two shots. I have over 50% armor and 45% block chance. My damage is insane and I still am having a ton of trouble with her. Vaals are easy and so is trio if I do it correctly and don't run into the rain.

I'm sitting on around 35ex and wondering what I can pump into this build to make it even stronger (5k hp, more dps?)

My current stats are listed below

Health Pool: 4,488
Fire Resistance: 75/81
Cold Resistance: 75/102
Lightning Resistance: 75/97
Chaos Resistance: -48/-48

Block Chance: 41% without rumis/ 62% with rumis
Armor: 49% without rumis/ 64% with rumis

Damage sits around 108k without flasks and with flasks its 148k
My aoe is strong and prolif is amazing

My gear is listed bel

Awesome that you're enjoying the build!

Atziri will get much easier with 5k+ life, and as your damage scales higher. This is an encounter that you win with dps, and having enough of a life pool that nothing can 1 shot you.

Keep in mind that while the build can easily do atziri, it is optimized for map clear speed. The ele prolif AoE setup on herald is not doing much for you within the atziri fight (there aren't mobs to kill to start burning her). If you wanted to you could keep determination on swap and run hatred + herald of ash + determination (with not aoe support on herald) to make you much more resilient vs her spears. The aura nodes you have in tree make this easy! You can simply keep the 1 gem in your inventory and swap for the boss fight. The version of this build that is uber capable certainly runs determination, but mapping and general speed is the focus of this iteration.

35 ex is a ton with this build, so you can make massive upgrades on your budget. :)

Here is the order that I would go for:
-Get a 40% abyssus! Spending 1-2 ex to take 1 % less physical damage is very good.
-Get t1 phys rolls on both rings and your ammy, they are mandatory for the endgame build. These are REALLY big upgrades for you, and will result in very large dps gains. On rings top roll is 9-15, and on ammy 16-26. Just make sure all are t1, and that you have cap res (life is a bonus). Here is a site that shows the tier ranges: http://www.poemods.com/index.php?item_type=amulet
-Buy a couple of divine and roll your carcass till you hit a good life roll (not a bad use of 1-2 ex when min maxing)
-Get gg jewels with 4x useful mods for your setup (should run a couple ex each if you take your time)
-You can try to snipe a cheap 980% + facebreaker. I know I sold a 975% for like 12 ex last week, so they are out there! This is one of the last upgrades you should make, as the flat phys on jewelry is far more important for scaling than these last % points.

Also, I noticed some ways to make your tree more efficient as you level. For 5 nodes you can get barbarism (all 3), an int node, and a jewel slot. These are extremely efficient. They should win out vs the 5 % speed and the life/armour nodes at marauder start. You can collect these again as you climb levels.

Hope this helps!
I understand your thoughts and appreciate the input ... but i have to admit im a lazy fuck :D

I like leaning back in my chair, just cycloning through the map's und have 2 life flasks on my 2 thumb buttons on the mouse.

Reckoning does half the work now for me. I'm over 50% blockchance without flask and reckoning is linked with melee phys dmg - added fire dmg - inc aoe -> one shots white maps, dualshots blue mobs ... the rest is burning through hoa setup which i have to thank you for :D

shieldbash setup is great when i'm sitting motivated, with boths hands in front of me. .. instead of having my feet up my table and looking like the fat geek from southpark *ggg*
"
Fetzi_at wrote:
I understand your thoughts and appreciate the input ... but i have to admit im a lazy fuck :D

I like leaning back in my chair, just cycloning through the map's und have 2 life flasks on my 2 thumb buttons on the mouse.

Reckoning does half the work now for me. I'm over 50% blockchance without flask and reckoning is linked with melee phys dmg - added fire dmg - inc aoe -> one shots white maps, dualshots blue mobs ... the rest is burning through hoa setup which i have to thank you for :D

shieldbash setup is great when i'm sitting motivated, with boths hands in front of me. .. instead of having my feet up my table and looking like the fat geek from southpark *ggg*

Whatever you enjoy man! I understand going for a relaxed playstyle. :)

Personally, I can't stand lacking a move skill to spam in my builds. I just find it makes for a more pleasant gaming experience! And yes, reckoning is really insane once you got all your AoE in tree/gear and the prolif setup. When you are capped block with rumi's, which can be just about perma uptime if you speed around fast enough, it just explodes stuff.
Have you yet had thoughts about the ascendancy classes? I cant decide if i'll become gladiator or champion.

imho ->
champion: perma fortify - can drop the gem for added fire for more dmg and the whole class is designed to fit facebreaker
gladiator: spellblock(!!!)

i wish champion has spellblock too :(
"
Fetzi_at wrote:
Have you yet had thoughts about the ascendancy classes? I cant decide if i'll become gladiator or champion.

imho ->
champion: perma fortify - can drop the gem for added fire for more dmg and the whole class is designed to fit facebreaker
gladiator: spellblock(!!!)

i wish champion has spellblock too :(

I think that champion will be the best in the end, but both are awesome options. 100% fortify uptime is really good, and let's us invest in fortify specific buffs in tree (rampart, if i remember, might be an efficient option now).

But... I don't use fortify in my 6L because that would be a huge dps loss not using added fire for no reason (all gem links are in OP). I am gaining a free gem slot in one of my 4Ls (fortify is on shield charge, it isn't too bad to keep it up 100% and not miss out on added fire on 6L). This will likely be used to add enfeeble to my cwdt for a nice lil defensive boost.
As you already may i know, ive taken rampart.
When i switch lvl 20 fortify gem with lvl 20 added fire (no%) i have almost the same dps. So for me champion will be a huge boost in terms of dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info