(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

This needs an update for 2.2. I'm dying like crazy on merciless Izaro. It's one punch K.O. everytime and I think it's because of the Abyssus, but im not sure.

P.S.: The infernal blow build is one of the most fun i have had in this game.
demopolos have you forsaken us?

so i just reused the 2.1 skill tree and chose champion as ascendency class with perma fortify and inspirational. the movement bonus from champion class really helps if you are using cyclone and damage output increased alot (like 130k cyclone dps in town, 370k+ with auras, golem, vaal haste, atziri flask and charges). my tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQHcBIcEswUtC2EMXxQgFewWbxcvGjgaPhuXHKcslC_MMZ4yCTJONZI8BTwtPfxAoEMxRrdHfkqYTUZN41BHU6VV1lhjWfNaGl8_Yhdi7GTnZU1mVGaeZ5toWGjybEZvO3IPcmxyqXTtdn9343gNeTl5aHrve4x71HzZfuB-4oCkg1-ElITEhNmE74lxidiMz4-ZkFWUXJRvl3mZK55XogCmV6lurKqsr64-r2y18raKuR29Nr2BvqfAGsBmwL_BBMGCwzPE9sauxtjKkMxm02_Xlti92sHjauRR7FzvDu988B_yL_ZI9zL60v6P

would really like to see an update too to this awesome build.
Hi all! My apologies for the hiatus... my life got really busy and I had to take a bit of a break from PoE. I just dug into the new content, and optimized the build for 2.2! I must say, the new content is awesome. I updated the OP with details, including a new section on enchantments. Here are the highlights below...

2.2 brought huge upgrades to the build:
-Perma fortify (no need to proc anymore with shield charge)
-Added enfeeble on cwdt (thanks to room freed up from fortify)
-A significant damage boost (from 475k to 605k with my standard flasks... or whopping 878 on full epeen dps loadout)
-More life (5.5k > 6k @ lvl 92)
-More armour (17k > 20k)
-More move speed (up to 117% with flask)
-Sometimes open up fights with SUPER aoe burn (overkill on Decree of Power)

Here's the new tree: poeurl.com/BS2

Champion subclass is amazing. Get fortitude and inspirational (fortify/armour/dps/speed!).

Let's talk enchantments:

Gloves:
I believe that Decree of Force is the best possible enchant here. This attack seems to scale off your melee damage, and at a whopping 243%. It has a 5 second cooldown, but will strike along with your initial hit of cyclone in a cleave-like attack. This is amazing because it deals more damage than you can with other attacks, resulting in even strong ele prolif burns from your herald of ash (thanks to the big overkill damage). I somehow rolled mine on my first ever lab run!

Boots:
There are a bunch of viable options here, but 12% attack speed when you kill an enemy is a consistent and solid dps boost.

Helm:
You really want 25% Cyclone damage here. It will take ages to roll, but I might try to grind it out...

I have only spent 2 days min-maxxing around the new content. Please let me know if you can think of anything to optimize that I've missed! I will make some new gameplay videos for 2.2 and add to the OP sometime soon.
Last edited by demopolos on Apr 12, 2016, 4:19:33 AM
I just recorded a quick gorge run so I'd have something current:

76 Gorge speed run- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egO2J_3sl80

Made it in 2:40 even though I somehow forgot to bloodrage (and had no frenzy charges). I swapped out conc effect for AoE in 6L, and used the 2 aoe unique jewels... it really helps for clear speed in lower maps.

I'll add some gameplay of higher maps over the next few days too.
Last edited by demopolos on Apr 13, 2016, 4:40:15 AM
Γεια σου πατριδα :) welcome back !
did you kill uber with this build? the dmg should be more than enough
I am not sure Decree of Force works with facebreaker cyclone since its not a weapon.

The only enchantment for gloves I believe has any use for facebreaker cyclone is Decree of Light, which just heals you 20% hp over 5 seconds upon taking a crit.

Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on Apr 16, 2016, 1:19:23 AM
"
mantraxalos wrote:
Γεια σου πατριδα :) welcome back !

Thanks man! Really having fun with all the new content.

"
hitreza wrote:
did you kill uber with this build? the dmg should be more than enough

I haven't done uber at all in 2.2, as I just got back from a several month break. In the past I've been using mjolner/CoC for uber in general, so my cycloner has been optimized for fast maps more than anything.

I am pretty certain the build can do uber smoothly with a few changes:
-drop all of the supports on herald of all of the supports on herald of ash, and have the following 4L for auras: enlighten - determination - hatred - herald of ash
-situationally use basalt flask / ruby flask for appropriate bosses
-possibly drop aoe nodes at templar for more life

This will allow for 95% phys reduce and 75 block with flasks up. It may help to use the rise of the phoenix shield for atziri herself too. The dps is more than enough, so I think with proper flask use and avoiding huge mistakes (standing in double flame blast/aoes during trio) will do the trick!

"
I am not sure Decree of Force works with facebreaker cyclone since its not a weapon.

The only enchantment for gloves I believe has any use for facebreaker cyclone is Decree of Light, which just heals you 20% hp over 5 seconds upon taking a crit.

I thought the same thing at first because of the wording... but was pleasantly surprised when I tested it in game. You can see the animation of the proc, and the damage is really good! It's easiest to observe if you take off your golem/auras, and just autoattack a mob.
Yo dude, what do u think about getting free socket from a ring and use Tempest shield gem in there? Or any other gem? Any advice? i think tempest shield is the best or even Lightning Warp to teleport :O

peace, nice build, ofc following it!

or actually
maybe put there a

gg?? :D
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 17, 2016, 12:28:55 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
Yo dude, what do u think about getting free socket from a ring and use Tempest shield gem in there? Or any other gem? Any advice? i think tempest shield is the best or even Lightning Warp to teleport :O

peace, nice build, ofc following it!

or actually
maybe put there a

gg?? :D

Hey man! I think that using an unset ring is a really solid option, though the missing 1-4 damage from an iron ring is a significant amount of DPS. It's super flexible, and you are on the right track with vaal haste imo. I think vaal buffs are much better in this slot than tempest shield/warp.

When I use an unset, I typically am making that switch to use vaal grace (even though vaal haste is particularly good for the move speed). My character's dps is already very overkill, so having the ability to pop vaal grace for bosses in top maps is generally more useful for me than the extra clear speed. With vaal grace, charges, and flasks I have 95 phys reduction, 75 block, 15 spell block, 34 dodge, 34 spell dodge... alongside fortify and cwdt - IC. Feels pretty good!
Last edited by demopolos on Apr 17, 2016, 8:47:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info