(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
colwyn wrote:
Hey , I was just wondering , I happen to have a good roll Varunastra , any idea if it would be viable for this build.

I honestly just wouldn't mind playing with the sword (even if it was a bit less dps), under resolute technique there is the 3 (sword, axe, mace) branches; obviously not intended for this build but any thoughts on if it would work?

Quite enjoying leveling the build , which generally I find leveling a chore so enjoying so far.

It definitely would not be viable for THIS build, as this one is entirely min/max around facebreakers and unarmed.

At the same time, there are plenty of viable builds out there with Varunastra. I can't be of help here as I've spent no time playing with it. The tree would be drastically different to take advantage of the the 1h nodes that Varun is all about, so I would take a look at some of the builds already posted on the forum here.
Turns out the build works well for running labs too, with the regen and MS. I just started grinding out a few to get those hard-to-hit helm rolls. I put 2x brightbeak with leapslam - fast attacks - bm on swap to get around quickly.

Here's my 2nd try with the new setup:

(2.2) Labyrinth run in 6:00- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHdVCoCvTS4
Im currently running Hatred and Determination without any aura reservation passives.

Im thinking of switching to HOA while not investing in any further passives. Either keeping it 2L and perhaps running skills like Blood Rage off mana. Or perhaps making it 3L/4L but keeping total mana reserved under 100%. What are your thoughts? And which are some of the linkages which are "optional"? Or would you need the entire 4L for the HOA prolif to work?

Thanks! My current gear below.

"
eugenez wrote:
Im currently running Hatred and Determination without any aura reservation passives.

Im thinking of switching to HOA while not investing in any further passives. Either keeping it 2L and perhaps running skills like Blood Rage off mana. Or perhaps making it 3L/4L but keeping total mana reserved under 100%. What are your thoughts? And which are some of the linkages which are "optional"? Or would you need the entire 4L for the HOA prolif to work?

Thanks! My current gear below.

Hi! Your gear is looking pretty good.

IMO, I would either run herald of ash with NO supports, or go all out on the 4L ele proliferation setup. I think it really needs all 3 of the extra links to work fully and boost clear speed, with none of them being optional. You obviously need HoA - prolif for it to work at all, and without the AoE it feels like it doesn't reach far enough... and without the added burn you may not be 1 shotting things that catch fire. That being said, there's nothing wrong with running HoA as is for a solid dps boost.

I feel that the best setups actually take the aura nodes in tree to run one of the following:
- hatred + HoA with full prolif 4L, no enlighten on either
- hatred + determination + hoa with level 4 enlighten

I use the first option for general map clear speed and leveling. And plan to use to second option when testing the build for uber/core (I hit 35k armour with determination up). The boosts that I get in the build from adding the aura nodes seem very worthwhile, particularly because of the jewel socket and great life/chaos nodes you get with this pathing in the first place. 3 auras or 2 aura with prolif setup seems like the way to go to me!

Hope this helps... let me know if you have any more questions! :)
Thanks for the response. Im going to try running HOA on a 3L with Ele Prolif and Inc. Burning Damage first for now, to avoid losing some block nodes to get the Aura Reservation passives. This way I'm still at 8% mana unreserved. Going with Ele Prolif and Inc. AOE doesnt work as that leaves me with only 1% mana unreserved to cast blood rage. Hopefully this is a boost for my clear speed, given that I can swap inc. AOE for conc. effect.
Hey there Demo. I just had to come post here again and tell you that I love you. I'm willing to buy you some skin transfers so that you can make your gear look like a tuxedo. I'll wear the dress. Lets get married.

Seriously though, I've made this build twice now and will probably have a 3rd under my belt before long. Really love this build ;)
Facebreaker is Life.
"
I thought the same thing at first because of the wording... but was pleasantly surprised when I tested it in game. You can see the animation of the proc, and the damage is really good! It's easiest to observe if you take off your golem/auras, and just autoattack a mob.

I have decree of force on my facebreakers now. I do not notice any increase in damage, I do not see my tooltip dps go up, and I do not see a status popup (for example the auras you are running are displayed at top of screen)

How positive are you this is actually helping this build ? (FB cyclone)
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on May 8, 2016, 3:09:36 PM
Hey demo, what's up i wanted to ask you something, is it worth it making a juggernaut fb? like not a champion like you and would it be worth it to make him like yours? like, would i still be able to burn thro maps and stuff? since im guessing champions have more dmg than juggernauts plus the perma fortify, i can still shield charge the fortify in and i will a lot since ima need the endurance charges but, is it viable? would i be close to your dmg if i had your same exact gear? thanks in advance if you reply man, i just wanna make sure i can hit hard like your char since im thinking of making it my main and im loving so far how it plays...
Demo is MIA. I think the endurance charges / AS in juggernaught are viable. Wont be as much damage, which isn't horrible since the DPS in his build is sort of overkill... Definitly compare that to Champion or what I use... Gladiator.
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on May 17, 2016, 6:55:28 PM
Hi Guys! Sorry for disappearing... things have been really busy. So in 2.3, the original build got a huge buff due to new shield charge mechanics and added aoe on ele prolif.

This being said... I am min/maxing build right now around shield charge as a main attack, since it's obscenely powerful at the moment. I have used Mathil's guide (in duelist forum) as a template, and optimized with my gear. I have to say, it's really outrageous.

Here's a gorge I just full cleared in 1:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOckq3KiM4g

"
J0hn_L wrote:
Hey there Demo. I just had to come post here again and tell you that I love you. I'm willing to buy you some skin transfers so that you can make your gear look like a tuxedo. I'll wear the dress. Lets get married.

Seriously though, I've made this build twice now and will probably have a 3rd under my belt before long. Really love this build ;)

Thanks man! Happy you've enjoyed it so much. This patch really opened up a lot of options to try as FB with shield charge and the new totems being so strong.

"

I have decree of force on my facebreakers now. I do not notice any increase in damage, I do not see my tooltip dps go up, and I do not see a status popup (for example the auras you are running are displayed at top of screen)

How positive are you this is actually helping this build ? (FB cyclone)

I am positive. There is no reason you should see any increase in tooltip (of your main attack), as the decree of force is it's own attack and not a buff (you can look at the tooltip for decree of force, the attack image looks like a skull in the menu). It's hard to see in motion because the animation is subtle... if you want to check it out use your regular attack (auto attack, not your main skill skill) on something and you will see a cleave like attack (this way flashy cyclone or shield charge won't make it impossible to see). The damage seems good to me as it 1 shots a lot of things on its own.

"
neirosx23 wrote:
Hey demo, what's up i wanted to ask you something, is it worth it making a juggernaut fb? like not a champion like you and would it be worth it to make him like yours? like, would i still be able to burn thro maps and stuff? since im guessing champions have more dmg than juggernauts plus the perma fortify, i can still shield charge the fortify in and i will a lot since ima need the endurance charges but, is it viable? would i be close to your dmg if i had your same exact gear? thanks in advance if you reply man, i just wanna make sure i can hit hard like your char since im thinking of making it my main and im loving so far how it plays...

Hey man. As AntPi1e_ said, it certainly would be viable to use juggernaut. That being said, I think the best classes for us overall are: slayer, champion, berserker. They all offer some really powerful and unique things. The 40 % aoe on slayer and 50% reduction to phys reflect are particularly strong (especially on shield charge version).
Last edited by demopolos on Jun 14, 2016, 9:11:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info