Shield Charge

So, I am making a stupid build in hardcore right now.

I found out, I can't use shield charge with wands. Why is that?
Wands are ranged weapons, Shield Charge is a melee Skill.
But shield relies on shields. Can't shield charge without one. I just want a shield charging wand wielder.
It also relies on a melee weapon. This is mentioned in the description, right at the top: "Attack, AoE, Movement, Melee".
Your shield doesn't deal any Damage, SC hits with your weapon.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 29, 2016, 6:08:30 AM
"
eralduspr wrote:
Please... for the love of whatever you believe in... make Shield Charge have a "smart pathing" i that, if there is an obstacle on the way, our character will run to the designated area without slamming on a wall or any obstacle like a complete idiot... it's been over 4 years already, and still NO IMPROVEMENTS to the skill in it's pathing...

But sometimes it is better if SC activates on spot, with Fortify Gem, it will grant you buff, unlike whirling blades it doesn't do ANYTHING if stuck!

Also SC better than WB in Boss fights, when you need as fast as possible to get away from Boss skill range (Atziri FlameBlast), because animation speed amplified also by movement speed modifiers.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:
Please... for the love of whatever you believe in... make Shield Charge have a "smart pathing" i that, if there is an obstacle on the way, our character will run to the designated area without slamming on a wall or any obstacle like a complete idiot... it's been over 4 years already, and still NO IMPROVEMENTS to the skill in it's pathing...

But sometimes it is better if SC activates on spot, with Fortify Gem, it will grant you buff, unlike whirling blades it doesn't do ANYTHING if stuck!

Also SC better than WB in Boss fights, when you need as fast as possible to get away from Boss skill range (Atziri FlameBlast), because animation speed amplified also by movement speed modifiers.

I don't see how giving it an smart pathing would prevent the skill from working like you described... Basically, what I'm requesting is that when you use Shield Charge, your character won't ran into a wall/obstacle like an idiot. It would still work like you said, albeit without having you getting stuck.
Spend 30 chaos on a wand, shield charge cannot be used with wand.

Would be nice if there were reflected in the tooltip, as you can use it with any other one-hander or no handed, except for wands. This is my first character using the skill, so I would have no way of knowing this other than by trial and error. Yes there is the melee tag, but many would assume you are meleeing with the shield or something, so why would my main hand matter?
"
Bioness wrote:
Yes there is the melee tag, but many would assume you are meleeing with the shield or something, so why would my main hand matter?

It has the Melee tag, Wands do not deal Melee Damage and Shields deal no Damage at all. :/ This one's on you, if you ask me..
Yes, I realize that while the "melee" tag, may come intuitively to someone who has been playing this game for 4+ years, to others it may not be so cut and dry.
What about making Shield charge damage scales with armor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info