Shield Charge

"
rrtson wrote:
Like others have said here: the fixed end animation is utterly craptastic

There's absolutely no way to reduce the animation (e.g. Faster Attacks, Reduced Duration, etc) and as a result Shield Charge feels clunky to use at best.

If anyone remembers the Charge skill from D2's Paladin, now that was a fun skill to use. Charge around, bashing people in the face with no delay between Charges. I'd like to see Shield Charge reworked so that there is some way to reduce the end animation.

110% agree
just no sense how this skill miss and dont touch anything plz ggg fix this skillplz
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jun 10, 2015, 10:53:42 AM
Hi, GGG, you changed the end animation speed of SC with that 2.0! Did you just reduced it or does it scale with block recovery??
You resurrected this skill, it is really enjoyable now and even more with lockstep THX!
It's getting better, but it's still not there. Targeting SB is still wonky, which is even more annoying now that FBs rely on it to apply Fortify. A small AoE either on impact or during the charge would go a long way to make it more fun to use.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
It's getting better, but it's still not there. Targeting SB is still wonky, which is even more annoying now that FBs rely on it to apply Fortify. A small AoE either on impact or during the charge would go a long way to make it more fun to use.
The big problem is as soon as they buffed it it got nerfed. This is why they need to quit balancing around meta and balance by making everything playable..

They globally nerfed aoe, this had a huge impact on a physical version, they nerfed splash and removed multistrike from even being used with it. Ele prolif was also nerfed soo Avatar of fire prolif builds died too.

When they nerf other thing because "muh meta is op" they harm more than they do good.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
yes, please aoe on this skill! otherwise it's not so good as an main attack skill or even, a movement skill!
+1 to making Shield Charge an aoe. Either while running or when chosen distance ends. I love how fast shield charge is with proper investment (currently got it at 3.7 aps) and that shield users get their own movement skill, but it still feels very clunky targeting mobs, even after some practice.
Last edited by Nihil_Omnia on Aug 17, 2015, 5:14:35 PM
+10 to AoE

also, it's very odd that you can't break barrels etc. with it, not even with melee splash
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Give us the AoE those bull monsters get.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
simple fix

remove shield charge because is too limited and anyone play this, and just add charge and player will use the weapon they want

i will like so much my Templar use a 2 hand mace or 2 hand sword or charge using 1 hand and shield

charge using weapon offer so much more , old school skill

play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Hi GGG. I am Knuckledust, I have only one character and he uses Shield Charge. Knuckledust is a sad, sad Duelist because Shield Charge is incredibly clunky and lackluster.

Please, make Knuckledust enjoy life again and do something about shield charge. There is absolutely 0 reason to build around this skill as it is. I feel stupid for doing so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info