Shield Charge

Shield Charge is a fundamentally different skill now - it may be time for a thread reboot.
Since we haven't gotten a new thread yet, can we disable the close range shield bash entirely somehow? Sometimes i want to shield charge right behind a mob in melee range but instead i stand still and do a stupid bash. Or i want to do a short charge to move a bit.

Also you can't animation cancel the bash immediately at start of animation when doing a standing bash unlike pretty much every other non instant skill in the game.
I hate the new shield charge skill. I feel like I can absolutely not control it well because it works counter intuitively now. Sometimes I move far, sometimes short and sometimes I don't move at all.

If GGG wanted to completely eliminate shield-charge as a reliable movement source: good job.

If GGG intended to keep it as a movement skill: review the skill asap, because it's garbage now. Instead of saving players from dangerous situations it now puts players into such situations because of it's clunky mechanics.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 16, 2019, 11:03:56 AM
Honestly, I gave up on Shield Charge at this point... The main issue with this skill has been intentionally ignored by GGG for years, and they STILL refuse to give pathfinding to Shield Charge, which is the main reason why this skill is so awkward, clunky and dangerous to use.

Why should I use this skill, when Leap Slam and Consecrated Path exists? Heck, I'd even take Lightning Warp on my melee sword & board character over Shit Charge at this point...

shield charge is one of the reasons you die now.

that sucks because it was the exact opposite pre patch.
yeah, shield charge in legion is horrible :( i can't control this skill on short distance. I just wanna jump behind boss and i can't because character make stupid bash instead. As someone mentioned, shield charge is the main reason ppl die on bosses cuz lack of control.
The skill gem's "window" for calculating when the player should attack in place versus travel is too large. Reducing this window would be beneficial.

Prior to the patch you could shield charge in place, but it required very precise mouse placement. Now, that window is far too large and can cause many unwanted movements, from not charging when intended to going far beyond the desired distance.

In previous patches, I thought this skill was moderately balanced because while it was extremely responsive with moderate attack speed, you couldn't travel over gaps. That was the price you paid versus investing in an alternative skill.

There is no upside now. It is errant, unresponsive, or worse yet, dangerous.

Please consider reducing the "window" size to allow a compromise between intended behavior and player survival.

Current

Proposed

Thank you for your time.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
It is amazing that you can take a skill that functions perfectly and fuck it up.

Way to ruin a perfectly good movement skill, becuz charging 2 feet is SUCH a good change.

Don't *FIX* things that aren't broken. I can usually roll with the punches, but this is such a poor choice for movement skill, I will have to change to something not retarded.
Last edited by Thornwalker69 on Sep 14, 2019, 5:58:10 PM
Hello,

can the shield charge be so that if I Point the mouse to a Location the character moves to it (Center of the mouse position)rather then the shieldcharge aoe on the Point of the mouselocation (the Position where the mouse is rather than the shield charge area of damage.)?
this would be so nice and smoother.

thankyou for reading.

bsp:
character first posion now x1000 y500
mouse on Position x1500 y500 (Display coordinations)

character now: would move to x1450 y500, the area of effect would be at x1500 y500

character after Change idea: would move to x1500 y500
and the area of effect would be at x1550 y500.

I think this would be a nicer feel for a movement skill and not a Primary offensive skill.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Been using this skill while leveling up. I'm guessing this skill is really more of a secondary skill? Not really something to focus on? Right now it clears just fine. But I'll probably have to use another main skill to go with it. That sound about right?
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info