Shield Charge

so apparently using the faster attack support gem with this skill makes your run speed increase instead of attack speed with shield charge. I'm using phase run and zipping around the screen like a boss.
is it intended, and for what reason if so, to not work when equipped a wand as weapon?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
i think this skill needs come kind of bonus based on block chance, so that shield focused builds get more out of it
I been meaning to say this for a while now

I have notice since about .93 is that Shield Charge gets stop by various piece of stuff on the ground that I believe should be able to side step.

I have been stop by small rock, bushes, and once by a corpse.

I think that needs to be adjusted a bit.
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
I use this quite a bit to close into melee with my Templar.

The stun is pretty much unnoticable. Very short duration.

I miss the charge about 30% of the time - basically if my target is moving at all I'll miss since it seems I run in straight line to where they were, not where they are.

The knockback effect on enemies in my path is disappointing. I'd like to see a bigger effect of me plowing through them.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
I know this isn't really feedback but it would be nice if this skill worked without needing to equip a weapon in your main hand.
"
Iusia wrote:
I know this isn't really feedback but it would be nice if this skill worked without needing to equip a weapon in your main hand.[/q]

You would rather punch enemies instead?
I'm always in favour of being able to punch things in more interesting ways. Unfortunately, until we have the animations and so on to support using it with all weapon types, or the restriction system changes, it's impossible to enable unarmed use.
I'm trying to make a tank/shield charge build and take it
to chaos. My build would be:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAFxUX1qh2tD27r9-gj4gRWT7ARbsrxrzJJpMjPwZXD2wBllomkP58vc2xIFcSIY8j0TQ918vVF8_TP_B7MZNJ96I3qHbUi8SrAc44iwDU5OZysqVuqg4KMOMraEXHQaqWueU_vUKMMVl8LFd6t6LQavfFZjEmS5eaEOK0oaJ5BfPjmJyZ18yj-Y2pGP8LgqSm9YnDzQs-64Cz9dY3BubJgTTfSzzo_WJ3wnu2eKx2TFVUeecAvoN84bQoKfp38rytfyuEsMEqs9Q0Pr9SOhzTY7TWO-PKFg5ny9ornRJg7VIO9JYRiRvt3GGKaig7xWUojqcuohELgdWLZrYSB76wMqqX7eM=

Total stats should be:
LIFE = +53%
LIFE REGEN = 2.5%
DMG = +137%
BLCK = 59% (+20% shield stats)
ARMOUR = 38%
MOVE SPEED = +10% (at 0 encumbrance)

Anybody knows if i can survive close range in chaos with these stats? Also is the move speed worth getting, ie does the 50% enhancement apply to your total move speed, hence multiplicative, or is it additive from the base speed? And does the armor encumbrance add to the base speed or next to the other multipliers, in other words, would Armour Master be worth it or not?

All in all i love this skill and at low lvls you can clear up zones pretty fast with charge+cleave. However I didn't have any points left in my planning for endurance charges and I'm still not sure whether they are needed to survive chaos or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info