Shield Charge

Why is shield charge a spell, and also why cant it work with close combat? Just simple questions but I was just curious, and i'm kinda hoping that they change it. For me it doesn't make any sense that its a spell, your literally just charging with your shield, to me that would be all melee and I would change the skill to a melee. Also my reasoning for close combat for shields, well I mean its a shield, that's pretty close range.
Should nodes with #% Increased Defences from equipped Shield like Precise Interception count for the damage calculation on Shield Charge?, I was surprised it does not count, it seems counter intuitive because you're increasing the Armour value on the shield...I think I should and it will be a nice way to increase the Shield Charge damage.
Last edited by DrakoBeoulve on May 13, 2020, 3:43:44 PM
Ok! I'm going nuts. Why the heck can't shield charge have some form of intelligent pathing? Getting stuck on EVERY tiny phreaking thing. Feels awful.
It's time for you guys to face it, you fked up the Shield Charge rework.

Ways to fix it:

-Make it move around obstacles, the same way that cyclone moves around. If shield charge collides with a small obstacle (i.e. dispenser in Garden) and shield charge still have movement length remaining, then it should go around it somewhat, not get stuck in the obstacle.

-Remove the attack in place cone attack. Just do it. A movement skill that does not move you is pointless.

-Add attack speed to shield charge quality instead of movement speed. This can be done as alternate quality also. Optionally change "Base Off Hand Attack time is (0.53-0.48) seconds" to 0.35 or Less.

-Shield charge should always charge at maximum charge distance if the mouse is further away than that maximum distance.

-Add a minimum charge distance so that the character does not get locked in place
A fact is a statement that can be supported to be true or false by data or evidence. In contrast, an opinion is a personal expression of a person’s feelings or thoughts that may or may not be based in data.
Just wanted to second the opinion some people have made about SC's pathing. It's a great skill, and has improved a lot since the old days, but it still just feels a little bad moving around in areas that aren't wide open fields. It's like nails on a chalkboard when you try to dash, but it fails because you clicked a little too close to a wall.
"
Why is shield charge a spell
It isn't.
"
and also why cant it work with close combat?
Close Combat Support prevents a supported attack being preformed with anything other than an Axe or Sword. Shield Charge is an attack that is performed with a Shield instead of any weapon, so these are incompatible.

"
DrakoBeoulve wrote:
Should nodes with #% Increased Defences from equipped Shield like Precise Interception count for the damage calculation on Shield Charge?
No. They cannot do this.
"
DrakoBeoulve wrote:
I was surprised it does not count, it seems counter intuitive because you're increasing the Armour value on the shield
No, you are explicitly not doing this. These modifiers change how much of a defence you gain from the shield, but the values on the shield are unchanged, whcih is important for several other interactions. You can see in game that the Armour value of the shield item does not change when you have these modfiers, the character's total armour value does.

Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 17, 2021, 10:33:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info