Shield Charge

The tooltip says
repeatedly dealing damage in a small area in front of you
How often is "repeatedly", and can the same enemy hit more than once by one Shield Charge?

I'm thinking of linking it to Blind Support.
Suggestion:

Untie shield charge from melee weapon, make it use shield to actually strike (same as spectral shield throw)
Im just coming back after 2.6.0,
Im glad to see many of my ideas were implemented in the game afterall,
Intended or coincidence, since i could not afford to contribute yet, i dont care..
but i see them in game and i love them, and i see other ppl love them too.

But as i came back now im kinda disappointed with shield charge.
Disappointed to see there is still no pathfinding for the skill..
as a movement skill, i wish to use it just to move around quickly,
hitting away the mobs in my way,
but every single meter im stuck by some random collision i cant even see..

so little terrain changes but so many of them on every map,
or even accidentally bumping into walls and other stuff just to get stuck permanently..
which means, i cant even change direction and get out with the skill,
i actually have to stop the skill and "walk around"

Spoiler
If this is an intention to stop the clearspeed mindless madness goin on since 2013,
i would not mind that part to be honest...
i hate to see ppl still abusing/using broken,hidden mechanics to achieve those so called
"millions of dps" while also facetank bosses more than i could do with a logically tanky,
"visible" mechanics and stats using charater.
I have always been a casual player because i just cant find these holes in the game,
my desire is to have fun and follow what eyes can see,
and not to break the game mechanics just because it is possible.

Not to mention the logout macro, auto-potion usage macro, trade macro and other 3rd party kind of
mechanics which led the game's difficulty to today's standards.

So if that is the reason, it would be ok. But it makes shield charge quite useless.
Too many obstacles and junk everywhere and the skill just stick on them like flies to glue.
Instead the skill should move around them, find its own way to not collide with anything.
I'd like to see a pathfinding implemented for this skill aswell. I really love this skill but it's
very frustrating when I get stuck between an obstacle and a map corner: sometimes that's even the reason I die because I can't just move anywhere before I just move walking.
Yeah, I still don't get why GGG refuses to add pathfinding to Shield Charge, when it's the skill that needed pathfinding the most of all other movement skills...

Getting yourself stuck into a small obstacle is very irritating, especially when you want to just rush through an area, or avoid some close calls from annoying enemies.
Last edited by eralduspr on Sep 10, 2018, 4:41:36 AM
This is absolutely nightmare when you stuck on every obstacle with Shield Charge especially in Delve. I usually avoid builds that used this skill. And before a was asked improvements for Cyclone and this had done by developers after Q&A sessions, but many skills left without improvements and Shield Charge is the worst skill for movement.

GGG, please, implement pathfinding for Shield Charge to avoid obstacles.
Community Managers, please, get this suggestion to development team for discussions!

Just last 3 message from Shield Charge Feedback theme:

"
ilizan wrote:
I'd like to see a pathfinding implemented for this skill aswell. I really love this skill but it's
very frustrating when I get stuck between an obstacle and a map corner: sometimes that's even the reason I die because I can't just move anywhere before I just move walking.

"
eralduspr wrote:
Yeah, I still don't get why GGG refuses to add pathfinding to Shield Charge, when it's the skill that needed pathfinding the most of all other movement skills...

Getting yourself stuck into a small obstacle is very irritating, especially when you want to just rush through an area, or avoid some close calls from annoying enemies.

"
NacyusDrako wrote:
Im just coming back after 2.6.0,
Im glad to see many of my ideas were implemented in the game afterall,
Intended or coincidence, since i could not afford to contribute yet, i dont care..
but i see them in game and i love them, and i see other ppl love them too.

But as i came back now im kinda disappointed with shield charge.
Disappointed to see there is still no pathfinding for the skill..
as a movement skill, i wish to use it just to move around quickly,
hitting away the mobs in my way,
but every single meter im stuck by some random collision i cant even see..

so little terrain changes but so many of them on every map,
or even accidentally bumping into walls and other stuff just to get stuck permanently..
which means, i cant even change direction and get out with the skill,
i actually have to stop the skill and "walk around"

I have similar feels, I playing from 2013 year and absolutely disappointed about there is still no pathfinding for this skill
Hi Rory,

Can you change this line to "200% more Damage with Hits and Ailments at Maximum Charge Distance"? It can enable some bleed/poison/ignite builds while still keeping the decay abuse out.

I want to make a bleeding shield charger so bad
Last edited by insobyr on Dec 1, 2018, 10:31:52 PM
Suggestion allow usage with wands and in that case have the attack count as unarmed. The pain of playing with wands is real...
Hello GGG and Community,

I have an Idea, how About to Change (or rework)from shieldcharge to make it an channelling running skill, and everytime it hits an enemy it makes a cone Attack in the direction where the enemy was Standing relativ to the Player (with + the previous knockback)(or just an AOE from the position of the Player), and the longer in runs the more power it gains, like up to 8 stacks, (every stack increase the keylease dammage About +35% in Damage and +8-10% in AOE Splash in front of the Character also decreasing the movementspeed every stack by -5% because on the start of the channelling getting a +80% increase in movementspeed would be make it maby a smooth expirience so at the full channelling the movementspeed would be +40%)wich got released after finishing the shieldchargerunn and make a big Explosion.

I think this would make using an Shield in the meele META (Legion Expansion) Pretty usefull, because I think in this Meta the most People would choose dualwilding bacause its really effectiv and gives more attackspeed and Damage, so this is just an idea (I secretly hoping for getting it into the game)and maby rly funn to Play with.

just my thoughts.

friendly regard,
JeckNoTree
A
Hi GGG-Devguys,

I like the changes to shield charge and now I can combine it with my spectral shield throw char and it is really fun. But I have one question or notion, because I think it could be a bug.
Before the changes I prefered to put shield charge on my left mouse button to have it easily ready when quickly moving around, and because of the knockback it really worked well. Back then I was always able to also activate monsters in essences, when it was setup this way. Now it does not work... I don´t know if it is intended or not but could you please fix this...
From the rest I love it to bash around with my shield and kill monster here and there... and lets be honest: Weapons are for noobs ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info