Shield Charge

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Bioness wrote:
Yes there is the melee tag, but many would assume you are meleeing with the shield or something, so why would my main hand matter?

It has the Melee tag, Wands do not deal Melee Damage and Shields deal no Damage at all. :/ This one's on you, if you ask me..

Why does it work Unarmed then?
livejamie
Unarmed attacks are melee.
It's not that hard.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Unarmed attacks are melee.
It's not that hard.

It's Shield Charge, not Wand Charge.

It's a bit silly to be able to shield charge with just a shield and a pair of gloves, but suddenly not being able to shield charge if you hold a toothpick in your hand.

You don't charge and punch the guy with facebreakers, or charge and impale the guy if you wear a sword, you just charge with your shield in front. feels like the same should apply to wands.
livejamie
"It's Shield Charge, not Wand Charge."
...This is the dumbest argument to make as a pro-Wand user. Indeed, never does it say it works with a Wand!

It's a Melee Skill.
Melee Skills require the use of a melee weapon.
Fists are Melee weapons.
Wands are not Melee weapons.
"
livejamie wrote:

Why does it work Unarmed then?

Unarmed counts as Melee. Once a Wand is equipped you are considered using a Ranged Attack.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
This skill would be so much more cool if it somehow derived a damage value for the shield defenses (armor, evasion, ES, and maybe block) and completely ignored your main hand. Have a formula that gives you damage for this skill based entirely on the stats of your shield and shield related passives and nothing else.

I can understand them wanting to tag it as melee, but it really bugs me that it's using the main hand damage numbers for an attack that should be based off the shield instead. It would require them coming up with a new formula, but I think it would make this skill so much cooler and might make for some more interesting usage.
With the new support gems to support bleeding, I tried to use this skill as a main attack skill.

If you charge in the middle of a pack, the AoE pop in front of you.
It's nice if you use the skill as support with fortify, since you can stay far from the pack and proc fortify, but it's kinda useless as an attack, since you will most likely hit half the pack, or few of them.

Would it be possible to have an AoE around the character as well?
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
why i cant use shield charge with Apep wand?
"
romka95 wrote:
why i cant use shield charge with Apep wand?

Wands are ranged weapons.
Shield Charge is a Melee skill.
I think that quality should offer a small attack speed bonus instead of damage bonus.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info