Fireball

no, fireball only deals ball damage if it pierces (via supports). it deals AoE damage when it stops piercing (from pierce, fork, or chain), which then converts projectile damage to AoE damage for all in range.
Okay just for me to understand :). Lets say you got a lvl 22 Fireball and 200% Firespell Damage.
Fireball lvl 22: 355–533 which means a median of 444

now with my 200% Firedamage i get a Damage of 1332. Will the Increased Damage effect of Concentrated Effect be applied on the 1332 Damage ? Meaning it will increase the Spelldamage too, like Firepenetration ? Would be really nice to know :)

greetz

ps: I must say Fireball seems a bit slow... the Damage is high, the mana cost is realitv high but ok in my eyes, but the projectilspeed is really low and 30% increase is nearly invisible :/

edit: okay different approach.
Is the "more" damage of concentrated effect considered spelldamage or a like a global multiplier... meaning additive to spelldamage and other damage sources or taking the end fireball damage and *1,7
Last edited by CptSunshine on Apr 24, 2013, 6:57:28 PM
yes the "more" damage boost from concentrated effect will work on fireball, when it hits something without piercing (as in, explodes).

I'm level 56 with a five link, using BM, LL, GMP, fire pen, FB.

I have 3.4k hp but still can't sustain FB.

If i start taking damage my life plummets quickly.

It also seems like if i engage from further away and some of the FBs miss the LL return is just awful.

does anyone know if you can sustain FB this way? I figured I would try it since it works well with FP but so far it just doesn't seem to be working out.

If I have to abandon the build I would like to do so now.

Thank you for your time.
It seems that when linking to fork or pierce, the fireball will not explode after forking or piercing.

Is this the design of the skill or is it a BUG?

Comparing with the primary skills of the other two elemental category (Freeze Pulse and Spork), Fireball seems far more weaker, considering the AOE and alignment effects.
The single target damage is OK, but when facing huge pack of mobs, fireball do not perform well.

I think fireball can be improved by allowing the explosion after forking and piercing.
Also, the speed of the projectile should be enhanced, it is so slow now.

Hoping that fireball build can finally compete with FP and Spork builds.
Make it more viable as a end-game skill.
"
kutreels wrote:
It seems that when linking to fork or pierce, the fireball will not explode after forking or piercing.

That's intended. If the projectile pierces, it can't have exploded. If it explodes, then there's no projectile left to pierce. The AoE on fireball is a result of the projectile itself exploding, after which it isn't there anymore.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
kutreels wrote:

That's intended. If the projectile pierces, it can't have exploded. If it explodes, then there's no projectile left to pierce. The AoE on fireball is a result of the projectile itself exploding, after which it isn't there anymore.
think a clarification (from players, not you) in needed to help you and that other person. i just grabbed fork for fireball and this is what happens:
graphically fireball still explodes on the first hit that creates two extra balls as per fork.
the AoE isn't present on this hit, or it is hard to test this part due to next part.
the two balls left over explode as normal if they hit anything (and still damage in AoE)

oops edit: the "bug" is the graphical for first hit being misleading, while the functionality is "correct" to known explained workings.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 1, 2013, 8:27:32 PM
Yes, that's a known graphical issue due to a current limitation in the projectile system for some projectiles, that should be fixed in future.
is there a way to know how big the aoe of fireball is?
i'm trying to build an aoe fireball build and so far with the increase radius pasive tree, there isnt much difference in the aoe radius(not using fork/chain)
So is the damage of the aoe explosion that triggers after the projectile is destroyed in any way tied to the projectile damage? I.E. If I use GMP on fireball, will the damage on the initial target or the damage on the AOE targets be affected? GMP specifically reduces projectile damage and you said the projectile is destroyed before the AOE triggers so I am wondering if reduced projectile damage doesnt affect the damage of a fireball that doesnt pierce, chain or fork.

Edit: Because of the limited tooltip I find this hard to test.
Last edited by Tschesae on Jul 7, 2013, 7:45:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info