Fireball

The explosion benefits (and suffers) from all the same modifiers as the initial hit, plus AoE-specific modifiers. GMP will effect it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 7, 2013, 7:51:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! GMP is still great though, could you override the "less damage" with some "more damage" modifyer? Say u use GMP and conc effect, would you just get the "more damage" from conc effect -50% or are the modifyers applied seperately?
'Increased' and 'Reduced' are added together and then applied as one multiplier; 'More' and 'Less' are multiplicative (each modifier is applied separately).
I guess theres no way of getting around that hefty 50% damage nerf. Ill try fireball on my blood magic caster. conc effect GMP and iron will with 400 strength should make it a decent spell. If I get my hands on a 5 or 6 link I might add life leech and chance to ignite.
Is there any plans to buffs Fireball or new gem that inc fireball dmg (like add ice/add light dmg, BUT you cant add fire dmg bcs only phys... lol)?
Btw add fire dmg ONLY gem that DIDNT work with spells... cool, rly cool.
Why? WTH? Shock much more OP and more easy for killing, ice can do more and better... fireball CANT have even half dmg as other gems can? Why?

And 1 more: WHY STILL NO FIX FOR burn dmg kill and NO ITEMS?
+ IF burn dmg kill (its 90% of time) then no bonuses from IQ and IR? WTH? WHY? Any skills/spells CAN farm BUT fire CANT... nice nice.

PS: Idk if thats joke or fai, but i calc all monsters with res and fire res have much more monsters then light or ice res. So it's more broke.
Last edited by Fantoster on Aug 5, 2013, 12:40:32 AM
Hello everyone.

Probably it has been answered before, but in that case I just didn't find it.

So my question is: when my fireball hits a target, does that target get the dmg from the projectile, or the explosion?
The other targets around that first one get the explosion dmg, that is sure (as long as they are in the range).

I am aksing that, because as I understand it, when fireball is combied with concentrate effect, the aoe part (explosion) of it gets the dmg boost from that sup gem, whereas the projectile itself does not.

So for example, if my fireball (projectile) deals 100 dmg and I get 60% aoe dmg increase, hence 160 dmg on explosion, does the first target get 100 or 160 dmg?

edit: and is it known, how big the explosion radius of fb is?
Last edited by Bannoth on Aug 5, 2013, 11:30:57 AM
"
Fantoster wrote:
Is there any plans to buffs Fireball or new gem that inc fireball dmg?

Killing Vaal in one hit isn't good enough??
"
"
Fantoster wrote:
Is there any plans to buffs Fireball or new gem that inc fireball dmg?

Killing Vaal in one hit isn't good enough??
wat... (@ both)
"
Bannoth wrote:
Probably it has been answered before, but in that case I just didn't find it.

So my question is: when my fireball hits a target, does that target get the dmg from the projectile, or the explosion?
The other targets around that first one get the explosion dmg, that is sure (as long as they are in the range).

I am aksing that, because as I understand it, when fireball is combied with concentrate effect, the aoe part (explosion) of it gets the dmg boost from that sup gem, whereas the projectile itself does not.

Edit:

It has been confirmed by Mark that Conc effect does increase the damage to all targets in the explosion, even the main target:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Actually, fireball does count direct hit and indirect AoE hits separate, if you take AoE nodes that increase area damage and hit a cluster of enemies you primary target will take the same damage while those around him will take more. Confirmed by devs on some occasion.
No, that is not the case. I suspect you're getting confused with cases where the projectile pierces - if the fireball pierces (or chains/forks) it clearly can't explode, so does non-aoe damage to the pierced target. But any time the projectile hits something and explodes, that thing and all things around it take the explosion damage. There is no non-aoe damage done by a fireball except in the pierce/fork/chain case where it doesn't explode.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 19, 2013, 10:41:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info