Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

So.. what about?

"
Jess_GGG wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475864

I still can use MacroMaker with /oos on F3?
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
ITT entitled cheaters that got too used to their hacks.
"
lexcaintt wrote:
"
We don't want to hear "I was only running the tool for QOL improvements". If you got the warning, you had the maphack turned on (or worse). Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!

So you are able to detect whether or not someone is just using the software and/or is turning the maphack on?

I would say that is highly likely. I have no idea how they actually would or are going about to catch maphack, but if you consider this simple scenario - it's easy to see how it could be done.

When you first load a map, only a small part of it is revealed - even though all of the map is already present in memory. So, the client only reveals the parts of the map, the player has already visited, and thus mapped.

What I imagine the maphack is doing, is actually triggering the whole map as visited, even though the player has not yet visited those parts.

As you can imagine, there could be several ways to detect this - you could for one check, and see how much of the map is revealed to the player after x-seconds after load. The hack probably reveales the map instantly. Thus triggering a detection. This is just a simple example of how detection COULD work - but I bet there are more sophisticated detections going on, to make sure innocent players aren't flagged down.
"
addiaboli wrote:
So.. what about?

"
Jess_GGG wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475864

I still can use MacroMaker with /oos on F3?

so from what chris says... I have one AHK script that has like 4 different macro's in it.

it has /oos + /remaining + logout macro(for those insane desync moments), and my hideout macro.( which i still dont understand why we dont start out in our hideouts when we log in...)

in other words can i still use my ahk script....i dont want to get banned.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Jan 20, 2015, 8:11:01 AM
"
Simplexity99 wrote:

so from what chris says... I have one AHK script that has like 4 different macro's in it.

it has /oos + /remaining + logout macro(for those insane desync moments), and my hideout macro.( which i still dont understand why we dont start out in our hideouts when we log in...)

in other words can i still use my ahk script....i dont want to get banned.

1 action per 1 macro. Yes, i think.
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
Why did it take a hack tool to get action on some of the quality of life features? Is there really a point to feedback, if 2 years of reasonable requests can complaints couldn't get any love?
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Very happy to see, although seeing the same 3-4 names as "winners" makes a person not want to partake lol meh
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
"
Azraeil wrote:
If the Marvel Heroes 2015 devs can listen to their player base and increase the zoom, why can't you guys? For the love of god please increase the zoom.

LMFAO

Finds no issues with the way the map works
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
so from what chris says... I have one AHK script that has like 4 different macro's in it...
can i still use my ahk script....i dont want to get banned.

From a logic's view, it is (nearly) always just a single makro that runs via AHK, no matter how many functions it has implied. And these functions are the important part for the 'legitimation' of using such scripts:
one function is allowed to use/perform only a single action in relation to poe:
-since /oos is clearly allowed, it does NOT define keystrokes as such single action
-since such commands need to open the chat console first, it definitively is NOT limited to one 'Enter' sequence because it needs two as minimum

Other that this, its clearly not allowed to use repeated functions, loops and taking direct control/manipulating the char. Additionally, its prohibited to spam anything in chat anyways - no matter if manually or tooled.

"
Simplexity99 wrote:
i still dont understand why we dont start out in our hideouts when we log in

Its easier/quicker/scriptable(!) to enter the hideout, than to leave it for your next favoured direction ;)
IMHO, it would be even better if it could include the hideout into the places to remember where you stand last; could have a minor issue if you leave from someone other's hide where you have no access to on relog (but it could send you to 'yours' then (if you have one(!)) like it did not put you back into battle when leaving from outside of a town.
Next QoL: use the highest available difficulty as default on opening the portal map in a hideout.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
DaddyChaddie wrote:
Very happy to see, although seeing the same 3-4 names as "winners" makes a person not want to partake lol meh

that +no incentive to play races +rampant cheating and some other stuff but yeah 3-4 name winners seems noone else is racing lol
IGN : Sir_Big

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info