Bad Seed
"
Pibadi wrote:
"
Man, all of this bollocks:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
"
Chris wrote:
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.

And it turns out that people can cheat anyway:
"
Chris wrote:
Users who ran cheating software such as maphacks have not been awarded Alternate Art Demigod's Eyes.

We need a Scumbag Steve image macro for GGG which says:

Won't fix desync by trusting client because worried that it will make it possible for people to cheat.

Possible for people to cheat anyway.

I loled pretty hard buddy :D

I think you have no idea how much more cheating can be done when you trust the client. "Oh, the client said you dodged every hit". "Oh the client said you found all exalt orbs from every drop." "Oh, every time a swing occurred you were standing out of the way." The more you do on the client, the more cheating is enabled. Including item duping.

Map Hack is complicated, because you'd like the client to have information in case it becomes needed (such as crazy quick successive lightning warp or whirling blade movement), but then it becomes possible to cheat and see information that was held ready, but that wasn't yet supposed to be seen.
"
In the USA, typical practice is to drive 5 miles over the speed limit, if not more. If you could put up speed camera's instantly, and instantly ban every driver who violates the law, you'd just end up with an empty road. But if your purpose was to change behavior, I'd think a warning might just be a good and polite idea.

I kinda agree that GGG should be lenient on casual players that were using hack software, because the impact on the game & community of such users is not severe.

But there should be zero tolerance for competitive cheaters in races. All the cheaters in top 200 race ladder should be disqualified and had their points and rewards removed.

Instead they all got away with just a warning. Oh, wow, the top most cheaters weren't awarded a demigod ring at the end of the race season, I guess they learned the lesson -_- ...not!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Well done on catching cheaters. Now, instead of outright banning them, why not a supporter banner that says "Cheating Scum" or "Cheating Criminal". Public Shaming over banning ftw! :)
I'm concerned that this "anti-cheating warning" will make the cheating issue much worse. Now players know that they can cheat as much as they want and the only penalty for a first time offense is a warning. Even worse, cheaters know that if they haven't been warned then they haven't been detected which will make them more bold in their pursuit of cheating.

Another consequence is that players now have a way to test their cheating method on an alternate account to see if it can be detected. If the cheat isn't detected then you know it is safe to use on your main account.

Simple question ... from a cheater-minded perspective why would you not cheat as much as possible until you're caught if you know that you'll only receive a warning?

Permanent ban on a first time offense is the only effective deterrence.
i´d like to hear a good explanation why those 3912 accounts are not banned.
I know it's been said a few times regarding the caught cheaters in the race season that they should have their points and items removed. I also realize this isn't very feasible, as GGG would have to go through all the tabs looking for items, which may have been removed and sold, or removed and placed in an alternate account.

So I suggest known cheaters, instead of having current rewards removed, receive a permanent IP ban from future race seasons. Not a single account ban, as it's extremely easy to make a new e-mail and account for Path of Exile. An IP ban would prevent most cheaters from racing in the future with new hacks that GGG cannot detect.

I realize some players can simply change their IP, but this is at least a feasible option, instead of removing rewards that may be missing or sold (How can we expect GGG to know how much a race reward item was sold for? Do they just wipe the entire account of currency? Even I think that's too harsh).
Bring back race seasons.
This is really fucking awesome. Thanks for continuing to do what you do so well.
NOW PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT RNG, SO PVP CAN MAKE SENSE

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
10k online, 4k online cheating - thats why they didin't ban them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info