Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

Nice! Please address those QOL issues soon so people dont get tempted to use hacks, thanks!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
malvar wrote:
On the one hand, i understand that banning everyone who used a 3rd party tool, even if only for reasons that didn't give an unfair advantage, right away might be a bit over the top. If i had used that HUD thingy only for better zoom or loot notifications, i guess i would find it a bit too extreme, if i got permabanned right away. (However, a temp ban along with the warning wouldn't hurt, would it?)

There are definately ways to use said tool, to gain an unfair advantage, and also to use it in an exploiting fashion. However, there are also ways to use it, which I personally do not reguard as cheating in a harmful way - even though I do agree it's technically cheating and against ToS/EULA.

I'm not saying this to justify my own actions, nor to condone third party software. However, I do believe, that it's possible to use said software without it being harmful nor detrimental to the game or other players. (Again, not saying that, it makes it OK in any way.)

Take the map hack for instance - it can be used to reveal what types of boxes are inside a map, so a player MAY repsawn a zone, until the desired box spawns. This is what I would consider harmful, since it does affect the economy directly, and thus giving an unfair advantage.

However, a player MAY use the maphack to see what's in the zone and still complete every zone he/she spawns. Using the hack as one would a Lonely Planet book. Oh, I must remember to visit the stronbox while I'm here. Even though it IS a cheat, no doubt about that - I cannot see how it's very harmful, and neither how that spoils or affects the gamplay for others. It is cheating, and I hold my hands up and admit to doing it - but I did not and wouldn't even consider exploiting the knowledge that particular hack gave me, to constantly respawn a zone to get what I want - shift through that zone and spawn a new one.

Would I run competitions with such a hack activated? Absolutely not! I play strictly PvE. No PvP, no races, and seldom temporary leagues(I think I have done one.). Why? Well, I don't like to play against others. What I enjoy about the game is to simply play the game. I simply LOVE the varity the gems, and linking and which supports to link with which skill, trying to sqeeze the last drop out of the skill tree. That's the part of the game I enjoy and play.

Turning off particle effects. Yes, this is one of many hacks provided in the cheat. I for one, can't understand why. For me, and my computer - it's either turn those off, or stop playing. Which is one reason why I have now stopped playing, since I cannot turn said effects off anymore. (Yeah I know - good riddance, since I'm just a lousy cheater. No a stinking dung of crap, or whatever.)

Spending 20-30 minutes to walk thorugh every map, atleast once, after killing everything. To make sure that you did not overlook that one exalt that drop each month. I've played maps, that have so much loot drop, that it covers my screen. Hundreds of them, in one room. I am a cheater, and I admit it. When I have been doing maps alone, I have been asking a piece of software to give me a "pling sound", when something of interest dropped. Why? Well, my arrows are shot from my bow, and fly accross the whole friggin map, if not stopped by a monster(or other obstacle). So I can fairly easy kill monsters 3-4 screens away. I am many things - but psychic is not one of them. So instead of spending 20-30 minutes to criss-cross accross the map, I used a tool to pling me, when I would pass something I wanted.

They didn't need to ban me, to stop me from playing. The game is not any fun for me, as it stands now. It will not be about adjusting my build, swapping gems, and levelling any more. It will be about being on my knees to check each and every line of text of those couple of hundred drops, to make sure I do not miss anything. It will be about my client crashing or screeching to a halt, whenever a partymember uses their flashy skill, or a monster uses some flashy stuff. It will be about me not seeing the enemies I'm shooting at, and basically will have to guess where they might be, insead of using my eyes to SEE where they are - as evolution has taught me to do. It boils down to me just playing another game, until measures are taken to improve QoL, or I get so bored with doing other things, that I come back to play with shackels on my feet.
"
Myrdrahl wrote:
"
malvar wrote:
On the one hand, i understand that banning everyone who used a 3rd party tool, even if only for reasons that didn't give an unfair advantage, right away might be a bit over the top. If i had used that HUD thingy only for better zoom or loot notifications, i guess i would find it a bit too extreme, if i got permabanned right away. (However, a temp ban along with the warning wouldn't hurt, would it?)

There are definately ways to use said tool, to gain an unfair advantage, and also to use it in an exploiting fashion. However, there are also ways to use it, which I personally do not reguard as cheating in a harmful way - even though I do agree it's technically cheating and against ToS/EULA.

I'm not saying this to justify my own actions, nor to condone third party software. However, I do believe, that it's possible to use said software without it being harmful nor detrimental to the game or other players. (Again, not saying that, it makes it OK in any way.)

Take the map hack for instance - it can be used to reveal what types of boxes are inside a map, so a player MAY repsawn a zone, until the desired box spawns. This is what I would consider harmful, since it does affect the economy directly, and thus giving an unfair advantage.

However, a player MAY use the maphack to see what's in the zone and still complete every zone he/she spawns. Using the hack as one would a Lonely Planet book. Oh, I must remember to visit the stronbox while I'm here. Even though it IS a cheat, no doubt about that - I cannot see how it's very harmful, and neither how that spoils or affects the gamplay for others. It is cheating, and I hold my hands up and admit to doing it - but I did not and wouldn't even consider exploiting the knowledge that particular hack gave me, to constantly respawn a zone to get what I want - shift through that zone and spawn a new one.

Would I run competitions with such a hack activated? Absolutely not! I play strictly PvE. No PvP, no races, and seldom temporary leagues(I think I have done one.). Why? Well, I don't like to play against others. What I enjoy about the game is to simply play the game. I simply LOVE the varity the gems, and linking and which supports to link with which skill, trying to sqeeze the last drop out of the skill tree. That's the part of the game I enjoy and play.

Turning off particle effects. Yes, this is one of many hacks provided in the cheat. I for one, can't understand why. For me, and my computer - it's either turn those off, or stop playing. Which is one reason why I have now stopped playing, since I cannot turn said effects off anymore. (Yeah I know - good riddance, since I'm just a lousy cheater. No a stinking dung of crap, or whatever.)

Spending 20-30 minutes to walk thorugh every map, atleast once, after killing everything. To make sure that you did not overlook that one exalt that drop each month. I've played maps, that have so much loot drop, that it covers my screen. Hundreds of them, in one room. I am a cheater, and I admit it. When I have been doing maps alone, I have been asking a piece of software to give me a "pling sound", when something of interest dropped. Why? Well, my arrows are shot from my bow, and fly accross the whole friggin map, if not stopped by a monster(or other obstacle). So I can fairly easy kill monsters 3-4 screens away. I am many things - but psychic is not one of them. So instead of spending 20-30 minutes to criss-cross accross the map, I used a tool to pling me, when I would pass something I wanted.

They didn't need to ban me, to stop me from playing. The game is not any fun for me, as it stands now. It will not be about adjusting my build, swapping gems, and levelling any more. It will be about being on my knees to check each and every line of text of those couple of hundred drops, to make sure I do not miss anything. It will be about my client crashing or screeching to a halt, whenever a partymember uses their flashy skill, or a monster uses some flashy stuff. It will be about me not seeing the enemies I'm shooting at, and basically will have to guess where they might be, insead of using my eyes to SEE where they are - as evolution has taught me to do. It boils down to me just playing another game, until measures are taken to improve QoL, or I get so bored with doing other things, that I come back to play with shackels on my feet.

TL;DR

Go play another game if you're not happy about playing it legit.
These hackers, I hope they all get banned.
"
malvar wrote:

TL;DR

You didn't read the last paragraph, did you? That's exactly what I have done. That's what I did when I quit the open beta, and came back later - when someone told me there was a way to fix what I felt was broken.

It's not JUST about doing it legit - it's also that I CAN'T play now. My laptop just can't handle all the effects from some of the most flashy skills, so I'm booted from the game due to graphics more than anything. The other hacks was just a bonus, if you will.

I'm not crying about it - I'm just stating how I see it. To me, POE is just a game, like any other game. I will however, follow the patch notes, to see if GGG do release some changes(edited: from "chances") - but I doubt it.

It's not my goal in life to be able to play POE - I have a million other things to do - I just wanted to add my thoughts to the mix. I'm happy about not being instantly banned, which will make it possible to come back in the future - if a few of the broken mechanics is fixed. However, I'm quite indifferent about not being able to play now, due to graphics overload, and the means to address that issue has been taken away.

The message from GGG to me is: "Your 1 year old computer isn't good enough to play our game, buy a new one or get out of here - you cheapskate!"

I guess the developers and owners of the game and I, see things differently - and that's fine by me. As owners and developers they are gods of their game and decide who's in and who's not. That's just how things work. I accept that message and move on without being banned. I hope they change their stance on a few things, but I don't see it as very likely. :)
Last edited by Myrdrahl on Jan 23, 2015, 4:56:41 AM
"
samuelhm wrote:
Customizable loot filter please.

Yeah. This should be included in the game.
Bump.
"
Myrdrahl wrote:
"
malvar wrote:

TL;DR

You didn't read the last paragraph, did you? That's exactly what I have done. That's what I did when I quit the open beta, and came back later - when someone told me there was a way to fix what I felt was broken.

It's not JUST about doing it legit - it's also that I CAN'T play now. My laptop just can't handle all the effects from some of the most flashy skills, so I'm booted from the game due to graphics more than anything. The other hacks was just a bonus, if you will.

I'm not crying about it - I'm just stating how I see it. To me, POE is just a game, like any other game. I will however, follow the patch notes, to see if GGG do release some changes(edited: from "chances") - but I doubt it.

It's not my goal in life to be able to play POE - I have a million other things to do - I just wanted to add my thoughts to the mix. I'm happy about not being instantly banned, which will make it possible to come back in the future - if a few of the broken mechanics is fixed. However, I'm quite indifferent about not being able to play now, due to graphics overload, and the means to address that issue has been taken away.

The message from GGG to me is: "Your 1 year old computer isn't good enough to play our game, buy a new one or get out of here - you cheapskate!"

I guess the developers and owners of the game and I, see things differently - and that's fine by me. As owners and developers they are gods of their game and decide who's in and who's not. That's just how things work. I accept that message and move on without being banned. I hope they change their stance on a few things, but I don't see it as very likely. :)

yea I read the last paragraph.

Get a better computer. Problem solved.

Each game has its hardware requirements.
"
Big_Ben87 wrote:

This game's hardware requirements do not match it's quality. You can brute force this game to play fairly well with great hardware, though you'll still get the occasional stutters and hiccups. It's poorly optimized. It should be fixed. No amount of blaming random peoples potato computers can really take the responsibility for shitty performance away from GGG.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Big_Ben87 wrote:

You can't tell me there isn't a problem when i can run games like Metro2033 on High with absolutely no problems while i can't play my CoC build because i go down to 10-15 fps, won't even talk about party play or sudden fps drops

But sure 'Get a better computer. Problem solved.' solves everything xD
IGN: InvestmentBankerMidget
Time Zone GMT+2
"
SolidusBoss wrote:
"
Big_Ben87 wrote:

You can't tell me there isn't a problem when i can run games like Metro2033 on High with absolutely no problems while i can't play my CoC build because i go down to 10-15 fps, won't even talk about party play or sudden fps drops

But sure 'Get a better computer. Problem solved.' solves everything xD

Not saying there isnt a problem. Simply saying it is how it is, either comply or change game.

The game has lots to offer for a free game, sure it will have its flaws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info