Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

<3 GGG

this feature was indeed needed; but i ask, since this is f2p, why a warning and not a direct ban? too few accounts lately? :(
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
Is it ok to run ahk script for trading chat? Like typing offer to 1-8 trade chat instances?

I hate trading and I am doing it only occasionally. But It is such quality life improvement to pres one key after end of map.
Besides there is delay anyway...

Please let me know.

No, it's not OK.

This isn't so clear-cut. /oos macros are multi-actions and are likely still allowed... This anti-cheat policy will need a thorough review for clarifications and exceptions after the so called "QoL features" get pushed to release.
"
sidtherat wrote:
sad thing - without that reddit post - nothing would have been done

people were cheating for demis for years now. people were using and are still using this kind of sw for economy gains, reputation gains and all other kinds of shaddy stuff. people told you about it, sent proof etc. for nothing. if it wasnt that reddit post..

it definitely weren't the reddit posts which actually triggered ggg to implement anti-cheat control, the according patch must have been published much earlier, as it isn't the easiest task to implement, believe me.

one could still argue that without the reddit shitstorm ggg would have collected more info over a longer time before taking action but with the warning mechanism implemented nearly at the same time the shitstorm started, for me there is no reason to believe they wouldn't have activate it anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
UltraCoward wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
Is it ok to run ahk script for trading chat? Like typing offer to 1-8 trade chat instances?

I hate trading and I am doing it only occasionally. But It is such quality life improvement to pres one key after end of map.
Besides there is delay anyway...

Please let me know.

No, it's not OK.

This isn't so clear-cut. /oos macros are multi-actions and are likely still allowed... This anti-cheat policy will need a thorough review for clarifications and exceptions after the so called "QoL features" get pushed to release.

that one is. You are allowed to use one script to go to /trade 1 and another one to send message etc, but you aren't allowed to use a script that goes to a trade channel and sends a message, yet alone one a script doing it 8 times. /oos macro only sends a single action to the server.
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
<3 GGG

this feature was indeed needed; but i ask, since this is f2p, why a warning and not a direct ban? too few accounts lately? :(

even irl people get probations for minor crimes in the hope this teaches them a lesson.

it's a warning shot which is probably due to the fact that the maintainer of the current cheat tools bundled useful features for older computers with outright cheats. which tempted some users to turn them on at least once for see, for learn and for know.

as ggg can tell the exact number of people who cheated, they probably have flagged their accounts too and watch them more closely now.
"
Fermalion wrote:
Is it allowed to use ItemInfo AHK Script (which shows itemlevel, max sockets, dps, affixes and tiers)?
It's not "one-action" script, but it's just simple and safe info summary that not breaks client code, memory etc.

So is it allowed?

it is, all it does is sending one keyboard input to poe (ctrl+c), reading and evaluating the win clipboard and displaying the item properties overlay.

as it just sends one command to poe and is not modyfing the client info or memory in any way, it certainly is allowed.
okay good, so AHK macro's are still allowed ? : D yay!!!

I wish i could get this detailed item info thing to work....but for some reason it gives me an error dunno how to fix it.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Jan 20, 2015, 7:37:56 AM
"
almostdead wrote:

that one is. You are allowed to use one script to go to /trade 1 and another one to send message etc, but you aren't allowed to use a script that goes to a trade channel and sends a message, yet alone one a script doing it 8 times. /oos macro only sends a single action to the server.

What if I had a script that iterated int i=[1-8]; and then pasted "/trade #i ..." and I'd just spam the hotkey 8 times? A simple fix (which is already in) would be to implement reasonable client and server-side timeouts and spare us all these rules and regulations.

Still, I'm guessing this is just quick fixes and temporary measures until the trade system and QoL patches land.
"Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!" yea suuuure they will in a year or so.I am not saying that it is right to cheat or that they were only using them for qol becouse we all know thats bullshit to the max but i am saying that there are things that need to be addressed quickly for example there is no excuse to the fact that we still have to play with the freaking tetris inventory its just bad also dont forget that the particles fuck up the performance come on ggg you know you have a purely optimized game just make it happen so that ppl wont complain lets not forget about the loot filter ohhhhh goaaaaad we all know there is A LOT of loot in this game and A LOT of lootsplosions just make it easyer for us to distinguish between what we want to keep it would be really gud to see these qol improvements implimented into the game but i am afread that it will ether take too long to see them into the core game OR we wont see them into the game at all
If the Marvel Heroes 2015 devs can listen to their player base and increase the zoom, why can't you guys? For the love of god please increase the zoom.
Seven deadly sins, seven ways to win, seven holy paths to hell, and your trip begins.
Last edited by Azraeil on Jan 20, 2015, 7:56:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info