Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

"
MR_WILSON wrote:
Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!

Here would be the point where you tell us more about what you intend to do and more importantly WHEN you intend to implement these changes. I sincerely hope this will be actual QOL changes and not just lip-service.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
puviel wrote:
Oh man this makes me happy to hear about you banning people who cheat! The general discussion (certain threads at least) has been filled with people who defend cheating and this should give a definitive answer as to where you as company stand on these ("Quality of Life") programs.

You'll note through the phrasing of the OP that the implication is those who had -only- the QoL features turned on probably didn't receive warnings.

Seems like they actually read that thread. Particularly with the last line, "Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed."

Seems pretty clear to me, yep.

"
Ayriuss wrote:
Im guessing its ok to map a macro like : enter+/remaining+enter right? Its still a single action.

This was answered but in case anybody's just skipping to the end here and wants to know: yes. As long as each macro function you build only performs one action at a time.

A single bind that performs a simultaneous (enter-remaining-enter)+(enter-oos-enter): not allowed. Even something that relatively minor.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
lepre84 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!

Just afer trade being done Soon™. While I fully support the anti cheat hype, I don't quite believe anything will be done any time Soon™. Sorry for saying that, but there is so much QoL waiting to be done for years, and nothing is done about it. So another post saying that it will be addressed Soon™ means nothing at this point.

If you read very closely you'll realize "soon" is nowhere to be seen in that phrase.

What is the point of saying that you will do something, if you are not planning on doing it any time Soon™? "We will address those issues... in 200 years. He he"?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
tsalal wrote:
Warnings only? The only reason I can think of for not banning the cheaters is the potential loss of MTX income.

Well those QoL improvements better come fast and include a particle effects slider. Otherwise honest players like me will leave in droves. If you won't enforce your own rules while keeping your code so crummy that I can barely group with one person (my brother with his molten Strike build) due to FPS dips, I will soon run out of excuses to stay in Wraeclast.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. How much will a mass exodus of disillusioned players cost GGG? Spyware is a touchy subject these days and without strict adherence to your own rules, it has no justification whatsoever.

This, pretty much. There are certain builds I can't run because of terrible optimization, not because I run on a potato. I run on a pretty decent machine, but because I don't have an SSD, my client runs to the toilet and cries if I try doing a discharge build.

But good luck having this game actually run using RAM instead of the HD.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
How about AutoHotKey program ? Macro for logout, /oos, /remaining, /hideout banned ?
Wanna loose reflexes ! Hope I'm not considred as a cheater with those
Doot
It's logic the commands given by GGG aren't involved in cheating ò.Ó ...

PS: Well done GGG, I think the warning is clear enough for everybody.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Great! Keep up the good work and make cheaters go!
"
We don't want to hear "I was only running the tool for QOL improvements". If you got the warning, you had the maphack turned on (or worse). Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!

So you are able to detect whether or not someone is just using the software and/or is turning the maphack on?
<3 GGG

Keep up the good works guys!
IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
Good job to the winners!!
CI >> Life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info