Tornado Shot

"
I mean, look at this:

You ain't seen nothing yet...

Spoiler
Last edited by KarlKFI on Aug 31, 2014, 3:00:45 PM
How does Culling Strike work with Tornado Shot?
So how does it work on crit?
Does the attack have one crit roll, or two crit rolls, or will each tornado (in the case of LMP) have it's own crit roll?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
For people wondering about Chin Sol/Point Blank with Tornado Shot, Chris pmed me the exact workings when I asked him about it.

"
Also somewhere you said yourself that new projectiles created by a projectile have their own seperate calculations if need to be.

"

A long time ago before that was fixed, yes. Projectiles now correctly measure the total distance they've travelled, not resetting for cases like chain fork or the tornado shot split. The arrows from tornado shot all travelled from your bow to the targeted location, and from there outwards, the total distance is counted.

If a trap fires the skill then the trap is where the projectiles started travelling from, just like you're the origin for projectiles when you fire them.
Ok, after testing, I'm reasonable certain it has one crit roll, but it can trigger CoC just fine, given enough targets.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Level 1 tornado shot:

Tooltip sais it fires 1 projectile
"
Level 1 tornado shot:

Tooltip sais it fires 1 projectile
well it does =p, then doesn't mention the tornado shoots more of its own, which is 3.
First I want to say thank you GGG for introducing a fun and interesting bow skill. I haven't had this much fun with a bow build since the old school lightning arrow build. Secondly, the damage output for this skill is really good. It's not meta breaking but it's still very good, especially when coupled into a crit spec. But now to clear up a few mechanic questions that I see still being asked.

The only supports that directly manipulate the tornados themselves are LMP and GMP. Each tornado that is fired releases only 3 arrows. The number of arrow fired from each tornado cannot be changed. The actual tornado itself does no damage but is able to pierce through packs. Meaning that when you fire tornado shot, it doesn't just hit the first target and then spreads arrows. You can place the tornados into the middle of a pack.

Also I should mention that the closer you fire the tornados to your character the closer together the tornados are, while the farther away you fire, the more spread there is between the tornados. So this skill shotguns in a similar way to freeze pulse. LMP has amazing single target shotgun potential while GMP has greater aoe coverage. It is possible to shotgun single targets with GMP but it is more reliable with LMP. The shotgun effect with tornado shot is slightly different to freeze pulse however because in order to effectively shotgun you need to fire your tornados slightly behind the target. Shooting slightly behind will allow for a greater chance that 3 arrows will hit the target at once.

So the tornados themselves have a 100% pierce but the actual arrows that fire from the tornados do not. So you can support the arrows with chain, fork, or pierce. Any support gems that modify damage besides LMP and GMP effect the arrows themselves. In the case of point blank, the origin is your character and not the tornados themselves. So however far you shoot the tornados from your character will determine what point blank modifier you will recieve. However this doesn't make Chin Sol a bad option. It's still not a bow that is end game material but it certainly will still help with protecting yourself from reflect if you're trying to be very careful or aren't evasion based.

As far as I can tell it has one crit roll, so if you roll crit and you have GMP, all 5 tornados will shot arrows that are crit. Another reason why the shotgunning potential for when LMP is linked is so high. When linked to culling, the firing rate of tornado shot (if culling isn't leveled) will slow down. If an arrow hit a target at 10% or lower it is culled.

Hope this clears any questions up. Excuse the formatting, I'm typing from my phone.
ok, chain seems to be working. I did a simple test: I let mobs lower my life to about 1000, then fire with GMP and a 20/20 LGOH. without chain, i can restore around 1000 life with a decent mob. with chain, I can easily restore 2500. so obviously there are many more hits occurring
Last edited by Dryhumper on Sep 6, 2014, 10:33:54 PM
Seems like GGG made Tornado tracers more solid in 1.2.2

Spoiler
IGN: Jagdtiger [Default]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info