Tornado Shot

"
VanFirebane wrote:
I could be wrong, or even probably so, but fork and chain should actually work for Tornado Shot since it seems the arrows you personally shoot don't do damage as they go through targets. If that's true, they just explode and then the arrows they spit out are the ones that chain/fork.

yes you are right,the tornado itself dont do anything,its the arrow that come from tornado that do dmg and that are affected by fork and chain.i havent tested chain but fork do work.a good way to see it is looking on the skill description after linking it with fork/chain,it does appear in the description saying it work.if those support gem wasnt working,you wouldnt see it on the description.i played 2-3 day with fork and i do see a difference remouving it.it make the aoe a bit bigger and hit more monster but you still do 30% less dmg so....its a *good* support but not needed imo.better use another support to push is dmg higther instead.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Aug 23, 2014, 5:32:11 AM
Great skill, outperforming LA even when 4 lvls below it. Having quite some fun with it.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
VanFirebane wrote:
I could be wrong, or even probably so... since it seems the arrows you personally shoot don't do damage as they go through targets.

Try again and look at it properly, the arrows you shoot (before exploding into the tornado) deals damage.

Edit: Get a mob right in front of you and aim at the end of the screen.
Last edited by forsaken90 on Aug 23, 2014, 7:18:45 AM

I'm running these auras. Currently tearing up 69-70 maps solo.
Flat physical tornado. 4,370 dps on my tornado shot self buffed.

I found that GMP is much more effective at clearing packs, it spreads out more and hits pretty much everything on screen. LMP has more dps, but it requires more shots to clear due to the fact that it's not nearly as spread out as GMP is.

Overall I think it's a great skill. Even with GMP, it's outperforming my 4l anything single target (frenzy, puncture, burning arrow, ect...)
See you, Space Cowboy...
Last edited by Origination on Aug 23, 2014, 1:01:31 PM
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how strong it is against single targets. I hope that they don't nerf the shotgun...

I'm running a LA ranger and considering switching to tornado...problem is the shock stacking from LA is pretty hard to beat. Maybe added lightning damage or wrath? Also, I haven't gotten tornado to quite blow up the screen like LA can do.
I have been levelling with the usual split arrow, RoA and tornado shot+LMP. I have to say that the skill is fun and I used it from level 40 to 60. But now I changed to Split arrow + Chain and...well, the clear speed is much better with the old skill ;(. Not saying that tornado shot is bad, it feels balanced, but doesn't beat split.
♠RaGoN♦
So ive been testing Point Blank a bit and my personal subjective opinion is that it uses the position of your character for the initial arrow as well as the tornado arrows. On far away targets the dmg seemed quite a bit lower. This would mean that point blank makes little sense with this skill.

Keep in mind this was just me fiddling around with it for 15 minutes. This isnt thouroughly tested and ist just my subjective experience.
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
I have been levelling with the usual split arrow, RoA and tornado shot+LMP. I have to say that the skill is fun and I used it from level 40 to 60. But now I changed to Split arrow + Chain and...well, the clear speed is much better with the old skill ;(. Not saying that tornado shot is bad, it feels balanced, but doesn't beat split.

Theres a scalability issue when looking at Split Arrow vs Tornado shot...
Split arrows adds 5 additional arrows by lv20 (6 arrows by 21), thats double the dps of a lv1 SA
meanwhile tornado shot goes to 110% from 90% which is only ~ 22% increase.

So it makes sense that SA becomes stronger again lategame even if they're comparable during lv40-60ish period

Having said that, shotgunability of TA is still better for single targets I guess..
I'm having a blast with TS+GMP+Pierce. It shotguns the front row and still hits behind. So far clears very fast, we'll see how it goes in maps.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
So far from my testing (lvl34 crit focused ranger), Tornado Shot +LMP is amazing at single target/small groups due to the shotgun effect, but doesn't reliably hit things further away. I'm going to try alternating between it and either LA or SA for larger mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info