Tornado Shot

This skill is amazing, thank you so much for it.

Can you just confirm how does it work with point blank. Obviously the original arrow is affected by it but what about the explosion ? Doesit reset the distance or the 3 extra arrow are doing the same damage as the initial one?
"
forsaken90 wrote:
Spoiler

3 Arrows

Spoiler

With LMP, 9 arrows.

I also tested it with Fork and the arrows didn't do anything. I suppose the arrows are just it's own entity or something and isn't affected by support gems (at least those modifying behavior). Can't really test how things work out with damage related gems. Would really really like to know how Point Blank plays into this skill.

Still pretty damn amazing though as a shotgun blast to the face!

i dont know how you did your test with fork but it does work,and it work very well.im using it right now and it really do a difference.its a bit hard to see but on big pack with fork you hit way more monster,way more often and more far since fork split and automaticly go on a monster.on small grp it does really well also since it shootgun a lot and they hit each other many many time.the dmg on single target is lower since fork reduce your dmg by 30% but when there 2-3 monster,it end up doing way more dmg

i wanna know about this, i have a lv 79 ranger with a full reset and i wanna try this skill with her as a mass / main skill
"
i dont know how you did your test with fork but it does work,and it work very well.im using it right now and it really do a difference.its a bit hard to see but on big pack with fork you hit way more monster,way more often and more far since fork split and automaticly go on a monster.on small grp it does really well also since it shootgun a lot and they hit each other many many time.the dmg on single target is lower since fork reduce your dmg by 30% but when there 2-3 monster,it end up doing way more dmg

Toranado Shot like Freezing Pulse - 100% Chance to Pierce. Will never fork or chain.

"

Hmm.. Hm.. :(
Last edited by krab90 on Aug 22, 2014, 12:45:02 AM
"
zakariusqc wrote:

I just grab a bunch of mobs and shoot away from them to see if the arrows from the tornado hits any of the back line.

Spoiler

I just tested again, maybe it works but it is incredibly hard to see, meaning even if it does work it's such a small difference I don't feel it's worth.

The thing is the arrows you shoot pierce 100% (not the arrows that come out from the tornado). It is like speccing split arrow with high pierce which should be good enough as an AoE clear. Fork reduces that damage, so it's sorta like weakening that and trying to make up for it with the tornado arrows. Maybe that is better (strong maybe which I don't believe it does), but Tornado Shot has really good single target capability which I don't want to weaken by using Fork.
how is lmp/gmp affecting the explosion

lmp: fire 3 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 9 projectiles from Explosion
gmp: fire 5 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 15 projectiles from Explosion

lmp + gmp: 8 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 24 projectiles from Explosion

or

lmp: fire 3 Arrows each exploding 3+2 Projectiles = 15 projectiles from Explosion
gmp: fire 5 Arrows each exploding 3+4 Projectiles = 35 projectiles from Explosion

lmp + gmp: 7 Arrows each exploding 3+2+4 Projectiles = 63 projectiles from Explosion

or different?
Last edited by zaratul77 on Aug 22, 2014, 4:21:25 AM
Fun skill, seems like decent damage. Playing with this currently in A1M as a level 53 ranger. Nothing else really to add just wanted to say I like it and it seems to be balanced.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
"
zaratul77 wrote:
how is lmp/gmp affecting the explosion

lmp: fire 3 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 9 projectiles from Explosion
gmp: fire 5 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 15 projectiles from Explosion

lmp + gmp: 8 Arrows each exploding 3 Projectiles = 24 projectiles from Explosion

or

lmp: fire 3 Arrows each exploding 3+2 Projectiles = 15 projectiles from Explosion
gmp: fire 5 Arrows each exploding 3+4 Projectiles = 35 projectiles from Explosion

lmp + gmp: 7 Arrows each exploding 3+2+4 Projectiles = 63 projectiles from Explosion

or different?

lmp= fire 3 tornado that each explode for 3 arrow=9 arrow

gmp= 5 tornado that shoot 3 arrow each=15 arrow

lmp+gmp=8 tornado that shoot 3 arrow each=24 arrow

"
Considering that Tornado shot has abysimal damage at low levels, no it won't be the new meta, not even close.
Posted by Mothren
on August 21, 2014 9:56 AM
There is a slight problem with this skill. The problem is that when used with multiple projectiles it works both as a single target and multi target attack. Ie, Tornado Shot + lesser multiple projectiels does more damage to single target than Burning Arrow because multiple arrows can hit the same target.

Another problem is that when used with high pierce chance and projectile speed, the arrows from the tornado hits people all over the battle field. Perhaps this is intended and fits the chaotic nature of a "tornado".

I got it yesterday and I had so much fun with this skill because of it's incredible damage and versatility. I found that if you aim your shot just behind a target or a mob you get the most damage out of this skill, especially with pierce.
Posted by puviel
on August 21, 2014 5:43 PM
How many arrows does the explosion actually release though

Okay where do I start, first of all you're an idiot, tornado shot doesn't have abysmal damage at low levels. Tornado shot from my testing so far has been the single highest damage bow skill in 1.20 and the most versatile ranged ranger ability to date. I'm a pierce+crit evasion ranger so the normal 6L gem setup for this build is split arrow,faster attacks, added fire damage,increase critical strikes,Pierce, and physical projectile attack damage. One of the awesome aspects of tornado shot is that it pierces by default so a pierce gemm is not required in the support gem setup which frees up a socket for an additional support gem. It's also important to note that tornado shot at level 1 has more base damage than split arrow at level 8(that just happened to be the highest damage split arrow I had at the time to test with. when you link greater multiple projectiles in the free gem slot you get 5 individual tornado shots in a gigantically wide cone that all explode upon impact and shoot 3 arrows each making a total of 15 arrows projecting outward from a relatively close area. This skill is very effective at close range as it does have a "shotgun effect".
I could be wrong, or even probably so, but fork and chain should actually work for Tornado Shot. They won't affect the initial shots, but they should work on the arrows that are spit out of the explosion.
Last edited by VanFirebane on Aug 23, 2014, 3:49:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info