Tornado Shot

Can we get a GGG response on the effect of the Point Blank keystone/gem and the unique mod of Chin Sol on Tornado Shot itself, please?
I love this skill but please, can you remove the arrow stuck in the walls. Sometimes you can't see anything using this skill and GMP + i'm pretty sur it lower the fps and eat memory after a while.
So.

We all know the initial arrow pierces by default.

But do we know if the 3 arrows after *explosion* pierces if you specc/gem pierce?
It SHOULD pierce, logically thinking atleast.

Another thing:
If we look at the offensive tab of Tornado shot and watch under Pierce, its called: "Projectile pierce chance"

However if we look at, lets say Puncture, it says: "Arrow pierce chancee"

TLDR: Does the arrows pierce after explosion if specced for.
TLDR2: Whats the diffrence between "Projectile Pierce Chance" & "Arrow Pierce Chance"

/ Armleg
I'm really digging this skill. I have it linked with lmp, faster projectiles and phys. proj. attack dam. I run hatred as well. Level 61 with crappy gear I'm at 1.5k dps and my passives have mostly been focused on health nodes.

IMO its the best skill if you want a low mana cost and well balanced skill.
Does anyone know what the implicit mod "adds an additional arrow" does to the skill?
"
Armleg wrote:
So.

But do we know if the 3 arrows after *explosion* pierces if you specc/gem pierce?

Another thing:
If we look at the offensive tab of Tornado shot and watch under Pierce, its called: "Projectile pierce chance"

TLDR2: Whats the diffrence between "Projectile Pierce Chance" & "Arrow Pierce Chance"

/ Armleg

Yes, they pierce. I have around 83% chance to pierce and I can see arrows from 'explosion' piercing mobs and hitting those behind.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Armleg wrote:
So.

Another thing:

/ Armleg

Yes, they pierce. I have around 83% chance to pierce and I can see arrows from 'explosion' piercing mobs and hitting those behind.

NOW it pierces..
"Fixed a bug where arrow pierce would not apply to Tornado Shot." Patch 1.2.1

It didnt when i asked :) just as i suspected it might not do!

/Armleg
"
jdonk wrote:
Can we get a GGG response on the effect of the Point Blank keystone/gem and the unique mod of Chin Sol on Tornado Shot itself, please?

Unlike most people I just used Chin Sol that applies the bonus dmg at close range but it also knocks back at close range. Meaning.. If it doesn't knock back, the dmg isn't applied.

I tried to knockback with the first arrow and with the arrow procced from the tornado.
Long story short, its distance to the player for both. I got a knockback at close range and no matter how many times I aimed the tornado just before the mob to try and see if the tornado itself would proc knockback, it never worked. That said though.. You can still just move into melee range and do some crazy damage.

(Especially since I rolled a +1 arrow on my new Chin Sol which is basically 2 tornados. Now I just need to find a quiver and there is no need for me to grab lmp)

EDIT: Totally forgot to say that I tried the trap gem afterwards, every single time the trap knock back with Chin Sol and sometimes even a double knockback even though it was very hard to tell. Needed to retry it a couple dozen of times.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Aug 30, 2014, 5:52:34 AM
Ok, arrow sticking to walls was a nice touch at first, but now it's slowly becoming a problem. People are already complaining in parties about my use of TS, as they can't see shit from all the arrows.

Please make it so that there is a set limit as to how many arrows are displayed, so any new arrow just overwrites the older one.

I mean, look at this:

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Aug 30, 2014, 2:51:49 PM
Seeing that brings back memories of Turbo league screenshots. That stuff was hilarious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info