Tornado Shot

Considering that Tornado shot has abysimal damage at low levels, no it won't be the new meta, not even close.
There is a slight problem with this skill. The problem is that when used with multiple projectiles it works both as a single target and multi target attack. Ie, Tornado Shot + lesser multiple projectiels does more damage to single target than Burning Arrow because multiple arrows can hit the same target.

Another problem is that when used with high pierce chance and projectile speed, the arrows from the tornado hits people all over the battle field. Perhaps this is intended and fits the chaotic nature of a "tornado".

I got it yesterday and I had so much fun with this skill because of it's incredible damage and versatility. I found that if you aim your shot just behind a target or a mob you get the most damage out of this skill, especially with pierce.
How many arrows does the explosion actually release though
"
ktimekiller wrote:
How many arrows does the explosion actually release though

It's impossible to see but according to previous posters each Tornado releases three arrows.
Has anyone tested if the tornado projectiles will hit a target more than once, (Like Freezing Pulse?)

I know the single target shots can't hit a target twice, but what about the tornado projectiles?
See you, Space Cowboy...
"
puviel wrote:

It's impossible to see but according to previous posters each Tornado releases three arrows.

Only with LMP linked.
Got to a wall and fired Tornado Shot + LMP, 7 arrows stuck in wall, guess 2 in another direction.
So 3 Shots * 3 arrows each shot = 9 arrows with LMP.

With GMP it should be 5*5 = 25 arrows
GMP + LMP = 7*7 = 49 arrows

Love the skill with LMP .... so good.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Spoiler

3 Arrows

Spoiler

With LMP, 9 arrows.

I also tested it with Fork and the arrows didn't do anything. I suppose the arrows are just it's own entity or something and isn't affected by support gems (at least those modifying behavior). Can't really test how things work out with damage related gems. Would really really like to know how Point Blank plays into this skill.

Still pretty damn amazing though as a shotgun blast to the face!
Last edited by forsaken90 on Aug 21, 2014, 2:55:01 PM
not quite a "tornado" if its only 3 arrows now is it XD
"
ktimekiller wrote:
the new point blank says that the damage increase starts from the origin of the projectile.

Does this mean the explosion of arrow is used as the point of origin for the additional damage calculation?

If this is the case, this would make point blank perhaps essential for tornado

i'm also interested in this, has anyone tested it yet?
when shooting at enemies with the "proximity shield" nemesis mod, tornado shot deals no damage when shot from outside the shield. This prob means that the projectiles still take your position as origin of the projectile and thus point blank would also not have the desired effect (calculating damage with the "tornado shot impact" as origin of the projectile).

Last edited by Raqi on Aug 21, 2014, 8:10:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info