Tornado Shot

Mechanically it the best bow skill the game currently has (previous #1 was LA with frostwall)
It has great versatility and awesome damage but:
Helmet enchant is mandatory.
Extra projectiles are mandatory. (legacy Reach of the Council or GMP at least)

Also, it's bugged:

See that Tornado animation in upper left corner? that's how far it can spawn secondary projectiles, it happens when you aim near to screen edge, something goes wrong and 'tornado' spawn point slides offscreen (over 130 units aim range wtf). Because of that effective attack range is like twice higher than uber elder room diagonal.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Please make the secondary arrows stick into walls.
I love this visual effect. I play builds specifically for this visual effect, but it's conspicuously absent from Tornado Shot.
Last edited by Ryik on Mar 18, 2019, 6:22:56 AM
Tornado shot was supposed to be ''nerfed'' to the ground right ? Yet is wasn't.

So many players already planning on playing it, streamers even stating out loud that the skill is still the best for Bow meta speed clearing.

Why are you doing this, GGG ? At least keep your words.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Tornado shot was supposed to be ''nerfed'' to the ground right ? Yet is wasn't.

So many players already planning on playing it, streamers even stating out loud that the skill is still the best for Bow meta speed clearing.

Why are you doing this, GGG ? At least keep your words.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I've tried to switch to tornado shot from my rain of arrows bow impale champion, thinking a high investment would outclass the simple rain of arrows mechanical skill. I bought:

1. Awakened chain
2. Awakened gmp
3. TS enchant
4. Recolored my 5offcolor astral just to fit it

Cost me more than 50ex and will probably cost me a few exalts just to recolor my stuff as well.

Result was extremely disappointing. Even where tornado shot was supposed to shine, it's very bad. I've tested it in 60-100% delirious maps and 5ways. In maps, due to having significantly more projectiles, my fps would be significantly less because it would interact with more monsters through chained projectile. Needless to say, unplayable for my cpu.

In 5ways, enemies are a few feet apart, so naturally rain of arrows should be worse and tornado shot should shine through chained projectiles. TS would have a lot more coverage, but the damage is very subpar because you need to use gmp + chain. Rares would take a few hits to die where rain of arrows would take care of them in 2 volleys at most.

I wish ggg wouldn't buff the entire game then go nerf skills. What they should have done after they buffed the monsters' health was to buff subpar skills. Now we have a lot of bad skills that only used to be good when the game was easier. The 'two-fold' magnitude nerf left a lot of skills behind, like tornado shot. Now it's just a huge noob trap that requires a huge investment to make it somewhat decent. Rain of arrows is simply better in all scenarios.
Hey.

Been playing around with Tornado Shot abit, doing(or atleast trying) to do Simulacrums / Delve etc with it. The problem is, with the arrows sticking to the wall, my fps rapidly declines and eventually crashes the game. Its particularly frustrating in delve, since some of the delve nodes take a while to complete, meaning the walls are absolutely packed with arrows from Tornado shot, and my fps sits at like.. 10. And if it goes below 10 the game just crashes.

I recorded a quick clip in my hideout to showcase the issue.

Please consider removing this "feature" of the skill. Afterall, playability > aesthetics, am i right?

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abmwmkx7mwk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info