Tornado Shot

"
...Needs a nerf? I mean, slap a GMP on it and you can clear everything up to it merc without much issues.

Slap a 5l on it, a bow that isn't total trash, enough survivability and ta-da, you're atziri viable.

Slap a 6l on it, a mediocre bow, some survivability and you're geared to clear just about any map with any mods.

Slap godlike gear on it and you probably got the best build with a bow skill that isn't using traps.

I'm using Tornado Shot as well, and honestly I don't see a reason to pick any other non-specialized (PA, EA...) bow skill over it. Which, in my opinion, is why it needs to get on a level playground with the other skills.

It rather needs redesign. All attack skills cant shotgun, all, except Tornado Shot. Obviously, Tornado Shot will be the best attack skill there.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I have some questions about crit, freeze with Tornado shot.

Generally, when you roll a crit and deal enough cold damage, you can freeze the target.
Since Ts apperently rolls crit only once per usage, each Initial arrow (assuming GMP), plus each projectile hitting a target will cause crit damage and freeze it?
When using Asphyxias quiver with an 8% Chance to freeze, will both the Initial arrows as well as the projectiles, while hitting something, have that Chance to freeze, if you didnt crit before?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Pendarric on Mar 8, 2015, 6:40:31 PM
1. Yes.
It's not just Tornado Shot by the way - every Skill does this. :)

2. Well of course. Chance to Freeze is an on-Hit effect, and Projectiles definitely hit things. :P
On-Hit effects are rolled separately per Hit.
thanks a lot for the clarification!

I was wondering if asphyxias quiver is good with the additional freeze, and if I should invest the two skill points to take a node with additional 5% freeze.
Considering my crit rate of roughly 33%, any additional freezes are welcome, especially when there are so many projectiles flying around, each with 8% (or then: 13%) to freeze.

So I think I will give it a try, combining tornado shot with freeze, considering the next full respec isnt that far away:-)
I like this skill. my archer is much faster and agil with it. And makes game much more tense. If played alone.
Its supported with GMS, mana leach aso. And the damage seems ok. Except in groups, there i feel like a glass cannon without a cannon.
I really dont see any issue with this gem and i do not either see it Overpowered,

This gem is trully what was needed for a ranger to actually enjoy the game same as other classes, before this gem came i rarely saw rangers (this actually means this gem do not need a nerf or buff, it is good as it is)

i didnt learn about this gem before i tried beta, since i tried pushing a ranger before i took a break from game, but didnt really find a gem who woulda fit my need.
Last edited by marremurt on May 3, 2015, 5:31:17 PM
"
marremurt wrote:
I really dont see any issue with this gem and i do not either see it Overpowered,

This gem is trully what was needed for a ranger to actually enjoy the game same as other classes, before this gem came i rarely saw rangers (this actually means this gem do not need a nerf or buff, it is good as it is)

i didnt learn about this gem before i tried beta, since i tried pushing a ranger before i took a break from game, but didnt really find a gem who woulda fit my need.

The gem, that is better, than all others, is OVERPOWERED, by definition. If ranger needed buffs, those buffs should be to ranger as whole. And unlike wands (and Kinetic Blast), bows has huge variety of skills before TS, including massive AoE (SA), focused AoE (RoA), single-target (Frenzy, BA) and so on.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I am a Tornado Shooter (TS). I enjoy using this skill without using lmp or gmp.

I know that after the new patch, TS got a nerf. This news shocked me a lot. GGG, you removed short-gun effect of spell, and at the same time, buffing lmp and gmp. But why u are going to nerf bow skills but not modifying those support gems, so that it will have different treatment when linked to different skills?

It is totally UNFAIR to ranger!!!!
"
h22952 wrote:
I am a Tornado Shooter (TS). I enjoy using this skill without using lmp or gmp.

I know that after the new patch, TS got a nerf. This news shocked me a lot. GGG, you removed short-gun effect of spell, and at the same time, buffing lmp and gmp. But why u are going to nerf bow skills but not modifying those support gems, so that it will have different treatment when linked to different skills?

It is totally UNFAIR to ranger!!!!

you arent forced to use bow as Ranger. You can play as melee too, you know...

BTW, Tornado Shot is still a very, VERY good skill due to its versalility and power, and i find it best for physical archer still.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 11, 2015, 5:27:17 AM
Is anyone else aware that the secondary shots stopped shotgunning since Awakening? Basically you can only get up to 2 hits per target (one from initial shot and only one from any of the secondary shots from lmp/gmp). Was this intended, considering they removed shotgunning for spells at the same time?

I used to enjoy this skill, but nowadays the low damage effectiveness and limited hits per target mean that split + chain or light arrow + gmp are waaay better than tornado + gmp.
Last edited by Thalandor on Oct 9, 2015, 11:00:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info