Tornado Shot

using it on traps on a LLD light dmg ranger and loving it
I've just started using this,GMP & curse on hit as a rapid way to curse large mobs without slowing down - very enjoyable - just shoot at the back and everything in sight is cursed.
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)
Tornado shot is the skill that bows needed for a LONG time. For the love of god, please don't nerf it. I've been making bows builds for years and they have -ALL- felt mediocre unless you were really geared. Tornado shot can actually clear stuff without needing a 6L lioneyes or voltaxic!
This skill has me playing the game again; it feels like pre-nerf frozen orb in Diablo 3. Lots of fun with the Hatred aura!
I've been using this with:

I replaced my old bow (5-link, by contrast) and my old split arrow set-up, with GMP Tornado Shot, and even at level 1, it seemed to do a lot more damage than Split Arrow. Most it of it will be related to the new bow working so well with Tornado Shot.

The 100% piercing from Infractem is really nice. It makes it feel very viable to shoot around and past doorways to clear rooms without directly looking into them.

This is the best and most entertaining skill I've found in PoE so far. And that's really saying something.
I think a rename for this skill is appropriate -

Telephone Shot - Reaching out and touching someone long distance.

It's like a call to mobs halfway across the map.

...Needs a nerf? I mean, slap a GMP on it and you can clear everything up to it merc without much issues.

Slap a 5l on it, a bow that isn't total trash, enough survivability and ta-da, you're atziri viable.

Slap a 6l on it, a mediocre bow, some survivability and you're geared to clear just about any map with any mods.

Slap godlike gear on it and you probably got the best build with a bow skill that isn't using traps.

I'm using Tornado Shot as well, and honestly I don't see a reason to pick any other non-specialized (PA, EA...) bow skill over it. Which, in my opinion, is why it needs to get on a level playground with the other skills.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
What a Corrupted tornado shot gem does more than a normal gem?

I don"t see any differences....
"
19nicolas81 wrote:
What a Corrupted tornado shot gem does more than a normal gem?

I don"t see any differences....
corrupting a gem with a vaal orb, can do many things including... nothing. but no corruption of geems changes the way skills work (no extra projectiles for example)
Unless you get the Vaal version (which always has the Corrupted tag). There is no Vaal version of Tornado Shot at the moment, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info