Drop rate problem (of the good stuff)

Erm, 1 fuse per hour? No. Not even if you're the suckiest of suck-butt farmers. 6-links have always been intended to be the end, so they should be expensive. GGG just gave us a way to bypass the horror stories of 8k fusings for nothing. Why is this still being debated?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
BUT GGG force YOU and everyone to TRADE! GGG balance game ONLOY via TRADING and not anything else, just TRADE.

SO you MUST flip/steal/lier/fake lotto/sit 20Hours per day in a1n and trade/ etc boring stuff

GGG want economic syms
And here we have a patch in a couple weeks that gives you much less reliance on trading. You will be able to select the outcome of some of the crafting. You won't 'have' to trade for a 6 link out of fear you'd spend a bunch of fusings and still not get it. Now you know your fusing attempts will guarantee getting that 6 link.

I've spent 2960 fusings on an item with no luck. In two weeks I could have had 2 6-links instead of none.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Dahita wrote:
HOW ON EARTH am I supposed to get 1500 fusing orbs?after an hour playing, how many do you get? 1? 2?

Let's say 2 to be super positive and let's make rapid math.

1500/2 = 750 hours

Let's say that I play 2 hours on monday night, 2 on thursday and what, 4 during the week end (that's alrdy a lot but hey, at some point I have to give something in) That's 8 hours per week. Getting 6 links will take me 93 weeks, ALMOST 2 YEARS.

With half decent MF gear, you can get 1 fusing per Dominus/Piety kill. 1 kill takes about 5 minutes. That's 12 fusings per hour. At 8 hours per week, that's ~15 weeks to get a 6 link assuming you get zero good drops and rely only on your alt/jew/fuse pickups for the currency. Not too bad. 8 hours per week is very little in this game.

"
I want to PLAY the game.

Trading is half the game and 90% of how you build wealth. If you don't want to trade, you should not expect to acquire GG gear for years.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 6, 2014, 10:35:37 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Dahita wrote:
HOW ON EARTH am I supposed to get 1500 fusing orbs?after an hour playing, how many do you get? 1? 2?

Let's say 2 to be super positive and let's make rapid math.

1500/2 = 750 hours

Let's say that I play 2 hours on monday night, 2 on thursday and what, 4 during the week end (that's alrdy a lot but hey, at some point I have to give something in) That's 8 hours per week. Getting 6 links will take me 93 weeks, ALMOST 2 YEARS.

With half decent MF gear, you can get 1 fusing per Dominus/Piety kill. 1 kill takes about 5 minutes. That's 12 fusings per hour. At 8 hours per week, that's ~15 weeks to get a 6 link assuming you get zero good drops and rely only on your alt/jew/fuse pickups for the currency. Not too bad. 8 hours per week is very little in this game.

"
I want to PLAY the game.

Trading is half the game and 90% of how you build wealth. If you don't want to trade, you should not expect to acquire GG gear for years.

And that's exactly what is wrong with the game.
"
torturo wrote:
"
patlefort3 wrote:
This is a hardcore game.
You don't even know what a hardcore game means...

Oh the typical I'm right you're wrong with no explanation.
"
allbusiness wrote:

Or what is right. The game was designed that way by people who wanted it that way. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.
People come here to play a dungeon crawler. They do not realize that they aren't just getting a dungeon crawler but a trade sim as well. Some people embrace the trade sim and some are upset because they thought that item finding would be enough. The drops are simply too low to just try to find stuff. I've been here since closed beta and I have no qualms calling the drops straight up boring right now. If you want to be rewarded for your time then you really need to trade for what you want, and not only that you have to have a mind for the economy. If you make good decisions about future legacies you can make a ton of currency just by following the market. Item finding is really an after thought the vast majority of the time.

Is the game find this way? That's just a matter of perspective. Personally I would prefer if the drops weren't so mind numbingly bad most of the time.
Standard Forever
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Or what is right. The game was designed that way by people who wanted it that way. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.

The game was advertised as an ARPG where you kill mobs to get your loot not trade to some Chinese botter.

Marvel Heroes does a better job of rewarding players for actually playing the game now, and that's saying alot.
Last edited by allbusiness on Aug 7, 2014, 12:04:03 PM
So how many of these things do you think I traded for?

Answer: none. Drops are there. You just have to grind for them. I rarely trade for something. Been trading away stuff starting in Ambush just because I have more than I have a current use for. "Required to trade" is just an excuse used by people to blame others for their lack of progress. Of you kill enough stuff, you will get good drops. With the exception of the two Crowns of Eyes (dropped during Dom runs with a magic finder), i usually run around with minimal magic find. The Prism Guardian dropped in a corrupted zone I spawned using a sacrifice piece in the lab. The Shavs dropped from the Cremetorium map boss with my only source of magic find a not fully leveled Item Rarity gem.
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 7, 2014, 12:43:42 PM
And how many hours did you put into the game? Thousands of hours beyond what normal people are capable of doing. Guess why? Because unlike you, some people do have real world responsibilities. Even as someone as high and mighty as David Brevik (lead designer on D2, Hellgate London, and other catastrophes) realized that random ass drops with low droprates makes people mad as hell. Unfortunately we're not even talking about hardcore drop rates anymore. We're talking about borderline P2W Korean Grinder droprates at this point.

And before you go on about 'drop rates are fine' please do realize that even GGG disagrees with your assessment, as that's why they implemented things like loot piniatas in the Rogue Exiles/Invaders, changed the boss drops, and implemented strong boxes, along with changing the drop rates on upper mid-tier uniques like Rats Nest and Geoffris. Still, the overall rewards a player obtains past like level 70 come so sporadically it drives people insane.

TL;DR not everyone can be a Neckbeard No lifer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info